|Reviews for Addicted: Kelly Clarkson|
| hyperfaerie chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
I also adore this pairing ]
Loved it and leaves me wanting more from these two
| Nichole Thompson chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
So, I have to say, I came across this story because I was looking for a beta reader for my Vampire Diaries fic, and I saw that you had written a story for Lost in Austen. (Which I just discovered last month and have already seen about a dozen times). And while I LOVE Amanda and Darcy together... there is something about the chemistry of her and Wickham that makes me want to know what would have happened if Darcy hadn't written her that note. Sorry, this is a crazy rambling... but I LOVED your story. I think they have a great chemistry and you definitely found their chemistry and tapped into it. I am very eager to read more from you!
| rhawn chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Okay well you asked for reviews so here's your first.
I love the relationship between Wickham and Amanda too and am quite torn as to whether I prefer him to Darcy or not. I can't say I like the idea of her having made a mistake marrying Darcy since that just seems a travesty against Mr Darcy's character.
The advantage of writing about the Wickham of "Lost in Austen" is his character is much of a mystery to us. What we know of him from Austen is torn to shreds as it relies so heavily on his treatment of Georgiana. From "Lost in Austen" it's hard to tell exactly his motives - whether he be a womaniser flitting from girl to girl with only sex on the brain or whether he is simply stepping out of the picture in favour of Mr Darcy. Basically, I'm saying that you can't go wrong with your portrayal of him as it's entirely up to interpretation. I prefer to think of him as a moral person who, despite his words regarding Amanda's potential marriage to Mr Collins, would not interfere with her marriage to Mr Darcy in this way. I'd be inclined to read a mildly angsty love-from-a-far fic 80% of the time but this fic definitely satisfies the remaining 20%.
I find Amanda's lack of love for Mr Darcy, having married him, disappointing. However, it is clear that she would not feel all that obliged to uphold Regency standards for behaviour and, with her propensity for making things up as she goes along, it's not too surprising that she would cheat on her husband this way.
As for the structure of this fic, I dislike song-fics and nothing's going to change that any time soon. I didn't like the choppiness or brevity of the story because I felt there was such potential for depth and drama that were lacking.
So that's about it! I haven't read many other George/Amanda fics, though I'd like to. While I've told you my desires for the characters they're insignificant - I'd much rather see a more involved story that keeps me guessing than the fairy-tale relationship as I wish to see it. I hope you write more about these two and I'll be keeping an eye out to see if you do.