Reviews for The Melancholy of Her Goodbye
Brainysoul chapter 21 . 12/12
I can't wait forthe next installment. :)
Choco Banana Smoothie chapter 21 . 12/5
Wow. This story is just so captivating. I cried while reading some chapters, especially in those chapters where Sakura is struggling with her sickness. I like how you portrayed her, kinda different with other authors' version of Sakura but wonderful nonetheless. I definitely felt that pang in my heart when Naruto confessed his love, once again, for Sakura in front of his parents' graves. It was like my heartstrings are tugging each other, seriously! Reading your story gave me a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach. I love your story so much!

Thank you for this gem of a story. I'm looking forward to your updates, kind author.
brenda sianipar chapter 6 . 11/16
please please pleaseeee continue and complete this storyy i love it so much and i never read anything like this before. please
derpalicious chapter 21 . 8/12
Please finish this! ;-; I feel so many things about this story.
LizardLover chapter 1 . 7/31
Literally reread this twice already Beautifully made, please update
MSala chapter 1 . 6/15
best NaruSaku fanfic i read, gut-wrenching, heart-breaking story..pls update i need 2 know more!
lakeya2700 chapter 20 . 5/28
Omg please you have to finish this
I love it! Will you continue it pls pls continue i really love your fanfic
silentguardian71 chapter 21 . 4/12
All of us dedicated readers really need a little bit of reassurance that this hasn't been abandoned. I shit you not, every week or so I check this fic to see if it's updated or not. It just left a large impression on me and quite frankly, no other book or fic (I'm an avid reader) made me feel as if my heart was ripped into two, melded back together and then shattered again. This is a masterpeice, though a little slow in the beginning, it makes up in later arcs with giving its readers a rollercoaster of feels (forgive the cliché). I'm not even a NaruSaku fan but this, damn, I dont simply have any words to descrive it. Please update, or leave us a message in ur bio that says you haven't abandoned it. Or if you can't write more chapters, please tell us so. Btw, after reading most top fics in this fandom, this should easily be in the top 20, if not top 5. Don't know why it isnmt though. Oh well, it's the potential readers loss.
K chapter 21 . 2/27
Hi, it has been a while.. I hope you update this again? Please?
Aevrum chapter 21 . 2/18
I dont know what to say, all things were honestly covered in the previous reviews. It's that kind of fiction I like the best: So much emotion, pain, hurting, healing and melancholy while still staying mostly in character is just phenomenal; the kind we needed in canon, no matter the pairing, but sadly never got. Especially Sakura is such a interesting character to write, what is again confirmed by your fic here. I dont know if it is because her, at the first look, totally irrational and/or fluctuative behaviour in canon sometimes, that makes one simply thinkWhat is going in the head of this girl?'. We were given some insights into her psyche in canon, most prominent the bullying as a child and her psychological suspicious addiction to Sasuke, but at the same time there are so many holes in her narrative, which let our mind to take many assumptions to why she is working, how she is working. There is such a big ambivalence in her most prominent character traits, like her ability to be super caring and understanding but five minutes later to totally ignore the others emotions and feelings (not to forget Inner Sakura, which is like a confirmation to this), which makes you wonderWhich is the "real" Sakura? Is there even "one" Sakura?'. It's a shame that Kishi set all this up in Part 1 and early Part 2 to then lose the interest in further working it out and turning her into a shallow character. But Im losing the focus here and I just hope, that you will at some point find your motivation again to continue and hopefully finish this work; it's sad to see a extraordinary fic like this 'abandoned' .
Aevrum chapter 21 . 2/18
Obsessed Lass chapter 16 . 12/16/2016
This has been quite an unusual piece among the NaruSaku fics I have read. The tone became extremely sombre after the initial chapters but guess I should have expected it given the story's title. Haji's introduction definitely enlivened the plot. He's one of the most endearing OCs I have ever read about. I found certain chinks I would like to address here. Hope you don't misconstrue it as wanton criticism. It's just that I think the story could be much more better. Firstly the initial context of the story appeared pretty sketchy. Naruto and Sakura's falling out felt to have been rather weakly fleshed out. I know their estrangement propels the plot but it could have been depicted with better clarity and less melodrama. Naruto's reaction on the battlefield were OOC but it's okay if you deviate from canon in a consistent manner. Character fluctuations from boisterousness to emo to boisterousness again would be unrealistic. Of course naruto's changed personality could be explained as his suppressing his essential self to block out the pain but it could have been portrayed in a more gradual manner. In my opinion, rather than his flamboyant rejection of Sakura, angst manifested in a more sober manner would have been more in character. As in bitterness whose controlled expression hints at its terrible depths. Secondly, Sakura after her reunion with Naruto indulges in way too much self deprecation. She does have her fears about obstructing naruto's rise to greatness but the way she reiterates her being a burden does a disservice to her character. She makes a sacrifice and never wavers in its aftermath; there's no reason for repetitively belittling her own self. It makes her appear rather pathetic. Thirdly, the events occurring in the the three year gap where Sakura is virtually abandoned by everybody appear a bit suspicious. The slanderous gossip and sudden ostracism makes little sense considering her vivacious personality. Perhaps the mystery of the prophesied child when unraveled will sort it all out. All that being said, you wonderfully empathise with your characters. Sakura's interaction with her "mom" and "dad" and the orphaned children is beautiful. How she resolutely tries to make the best of her remaining life and loathes to make her suffering public and inconvenience others is just amazing. She wants no pity or reassurances from others. She has accepted the outcome of her choices but without succumbing once to self resignation. That's why her proclamations of holding Naruto back seem jarring. Or could it be that she's saying that only to justify her actions to Naruto? It's obvious how you have matured as a writer during the progress of this story. Your later chapters are much more sophisticated with exquisite character interaction and robust humour. Apart from the tiny grammatical errors where you use present tense instead of past tense, it's pretty much immaculate. All the best and keep writing. I am looking forward to your next updates.
Guest chapter 13 . 11/11/2016
Hey, guys! I have this one friend who's really into fan fiction. And for the longest time I was always skeptical. But I always loved the pairing of NaruSaku. They're love for each other was always so selfless and I can only hope to find a girl some day to develop a similar bond with. Anyways, upon seeing that this ship didn't end up becoming canon, I had a time getting over it. I was watching one AMV about them that claimed to get its inspiration from this fanfic. So I thought I'd check it out! And to my surprise, I was immediately hooked to the story. This is my first ever fanfic and I'm lucky. This piece is so well written and the characters are fleshed out and it's fun to see bonds form between unlikely characters (Neji and Sakura) and new characters (Haji). But most importantly, it's made me so happy seeing Naruto and Sakura slowly but surely repairing their once beautiful and pure relationship. These two just have so much depth. I was really hoping this story would be finished by the time I get through all 21 pages. Not because I wanted it to end, but because I couldn't deal with another NaruSaku relationship that never gets it's proper closure. Although I'm so happy with the most recent chapter, I NEED to see Sakura's life be saved and see how Naruto and her proceed to get their happy ending. Dear author, I may not know what's going on in your personal life that may keep you busy. But please, if you ever get the chance, for me, a new fanfic reader and all the others following this story, find your muse and give us the happy ending Kishi couldn't offer to us. These two loved each other so selflessly and deserved to make each other happy for the rest of their lives, and we weren't given the satisfaction of that becoming canon. But I am already more invested in this story than the actual ending. So I beg, if you ever can, finish this story, it'll mean the world to me, and I'm sure every other reader that has been following this story since way before I decided to give fan fiction a chance and read this one. Thanks in advance and sorry for the length post.
soloerauncomentario chapter 1 . 10/27/2016
Hey,

I really hope you continue this one. I recently became obsessed with Cancer from My Chemical Romance and I was looking for something to read that had that same feeling. You capture perfectly that feeling. "I will not kiss you, 'cause the hardest part of this is leaving you."

1,041 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »