Reviews for Bread and Butter
AlyLeo93 chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Hey can I borrow Bread and Butter and come to dinner please?
loverboysgirl chapter 1 . 2/27/2012

lanternheart chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Nice xD

I DEMAND A SEQUAL!
SoulfulSam chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
OMG, I found it again! Hells yes!

I read your story about a year ago when I first started reading Wincest and didn't have an account yet. I loved, loved, loved! it so much but by the time I'd made a fan fiction account I'd completely forgotten what it was called or who it was by. I told several people about this awesome fic I'd read and everyone I spoke to said that they thought it sounded like a really good, cute story but no one seemed to know what story I was talking about. And now I was just scrolling through a list of favorites by someone who just favored one of my stories and found it again on accident. Oh, happy day!

There are so many things about this story that I absolutely adored. First and foremost, the "Bread and butter, come to supper" thing was absolutely genius. I'd never thought about it until I read your story but OF COURSE John would have drilled something like that into Sam and Dean's heads so that they could find each other when they were separated. In fact, I'm sure there are tons of little quirky things like that that John taught his sons that we've just never seen in the actual show and I'm so impressed by the fact that you thought that up. I also loved how that phrase was so ingrained into Dean that when Sam first approached him, Dean was like, "how did you find me?" and Sam just says, "Bread and butter," and Dean automatically replies with the ending without thinking about it before he realizes what he's done and says, "oh, yeah." That made me seriously laugh and it was just so Sam and Dean.

Secondly, I love the banter between these two:

"God, you're drunk."

"Well, thank you, Stanford, for the educated assessment. Any more obvious facts you'd like to point out, or should we just stick to grammar for tonight?"

You have these two down so wonderfully in this piece. Also when Sam and Dean are finally seriously talking to each other there was just one line that I read that just broke my heart: "Did you ever stop to think that if I kill you, I'll be the only member of our family left alive?" OMG! It's so true! The entire Winchester line, all wiped out by demons and monsters and evil things and Sam and Dean are all there's left. It's so freaking sad because it's true!

Third, I so loved the way the biker guy bought Dean's drinks for them because he thought Sam and Dean were a couple. That was so cute, especially when this big guy breaks out and tells them that his son is gay and so he clearly saw something in the two of them that reminded him of his son and the big, tattooed biker guy is showing his teddy bear side. And when Sam tries to correct him but Dean goes along with the whole thing telling them that Sam just hasn't worked up enough courage to "pop the question" yet was priceless.

Last, I adore the end. Dean once again broke my heart by asking Sam if the two of them could just pretend that nothing bad was out there for the night and that he'd never have to hurt him. But thankfully you broke it up with a little comment by bringing up "bread and butter" again.

When I got to the end of this story I was looking for another chapter because I expected to see some Wincesty goodness, but it's alright that you left it out. I was really hoping that Dean's telling Sam that his scent was making him hard would make Sam think about it and wonder if Dean felt something for him, then look for signs to positively confirm his theory. Or maybe a confrontation the next day. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I thought it would be a multi-chapter fic. And although I'm sad that I don't have more of this to read, I'm glad that I finally found it again and now I can tell all of my friends that I found that awesome story and they should read it as well.

Cheers!
melitta4ever chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Drunk Dean here is awesome. And the all 'lets pretend' is just perfect!
NotSureWhatToCallMyUsername chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
So Sweet! i love it when Sam takes control, there is too many of Dean always acting so protective! Loved it! :-D
omgahitsbritt08 chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Cute cute cute!
girlraisedcountry chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Please please please write another chapter im trying not to beg but please
Jd Hakkai chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
I LOVED IT! So creative... More? Please? It totally deserves a second chapter.
Naughtykagome chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
I normally don't review oneshots, but all I want to say to you right now is that you better write a sequel. Okay, that was demanding. But I normally don't want a sequel to a oneshot..but this. This...This was so sweet, and so Dean and Sam, and just so..SO. Can you please write a sequel? :)
SeaKat chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Aw...this was just schmoopy enough!
PencilComet chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
This is beautiful. Too bad more people aren't brave enough to review.
lav123 chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
This is a really good oneshot. Liked it a lot. I really wish you owned these characters so that i could see this very scene play out on TV. The ratings would shoot sky high, believe me.
Jaqueline chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
that was truly adorable... a very delicate fanfic...

i loved the way u described they feelings, especially through the end..the "lets pretend" part was great... it made me a little sad, because the feeling seemed so true...

congrats!