Reviews for The Coffin
Anon chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
You did a great job with Jack's voice. It's a hard line to walk when you have to be laconic enough for his personality but descriptive enough to wet the scene and you walked it perfectly. Your depiction of the friendship between Jack and Cam was great and I loved seeing Cam through his eyes.

Wonderful story.
LAIsobel chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Oh my... I can see Jack whispering to Mitchell in the end, hehe... :o))

This was really good :o))

It was good like this as the one piece, rather short but pretty intensive, with all the struggle and emotions and fears and the real depths of their friendships and the whole team thing... the line about SG teams losing really touched my heart you know? I mean... wow.

And Sam being the one to understand what he needed and then the team being there with them, as usually, as always.

Also this could have been a pretty good longer story with all about what had happened, about being put there, more about their thoughts and then also about the team trying to find them... some bonding time in the coffin between those two, you know, letting them to get to know each other better ... maybe a thought for another story? I like the way you made the Jack & Cam scenes soooo... yeah.

But I like the story as it is, don't worry about that :o))
Kimberly chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Interesting to see more of a pair we see so little of in canon. O'Neill's attitude seems just right - not bizarrely close since they haven't served together for long, but a strong sense of admiration, responsibility, and genuine affection. It works because it's balanced so well between his professional/paternal instinct to take responsibility for those under his command and his awareness of Mitchell as an individual (his optimism, loyalty and strength). Though it's to show us his reaction to Mitchell, it's an perceptive, thoughtful view of O'Neill as well, which makes me like it even more.

I'd be interested to see Mitchell's POV, to see how his viewpoint differs.
Goomba chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
I enjoyed this piece though it could certainly use more to satisfy my desire for more O'Neill/Mitchell interaction. It was also a good stand on it's own - exactly enough.

Good job, Jen
Penelope the Perky Penguin chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
I'd read this before, but I forgot to review or favorite *sheepish grin* so I'm doing it now!

Love the detail, the amazing grammar, and the wonderful sentence structures you have in here! Definitely one of the best stories I've ever read :D

Great job!
nebbyJen chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
Very nice. I was looking around today for a little Cam whump that was free of any type of bonding. This was just the ticket. Again, good job.
zeilfanaat chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
Great job, loved the end! Thanks for sharing!
bailey1ak chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
This was really good. I liked seeing the two of them interact and O'Neill's thoughts through the whole thing. Loved this part - "Sleep came anyway."
medicgirl chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
Nice! I love the interaction between the two, and it's nice how it's more formal than the rest because they're not as close.
Machinal0me chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
aw, so cute! I love this Jack/Cam relationship/friendship you portrayed. I enjoyed reading this!
LaneIA chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
This was such a great story. I love your use of the characters and would love to see you continue to write Jack and Cam in other stories.
drewandian chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Nicely done! I love the "he looked ashamed" bit at the end...very Mitchell!

And...I'm claustrophobic...and felt it while reading this (which is bad for me, but good for you!) LOL

You need to post more SG1 fic! :)
Astrollama chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Aw hell, I love a good whump and these two characters were just made for whumping. Thought you had the voices right and you got on with the story without too much unnecessary background.

Great job!
LadyMo chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Good job. I really like this and the interaction between Jack and Cam. It would be nice to see more of that. I would of liked to see what kind of relationship the writers would have made for Jack and Cam.

:-)
Winnie chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Hooyeah! My 2 favorite SG1 guys and Whump to boot...I loved this...Looking forward to more of your stories...Winnie