Reviews for Traditions, Old and New
LAIsobel chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
So beautiful and somehow also ... made me sad.

(My computer is struggling today and there is not much I can be doing... so I decided to check out some stories... hehe)
SaraBahama chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Well done, Pol. The setting, the mythology, all so well executed. Breathtaking kiss. I really liked that you captured Jack's wry gruffness. Oh! and the tag at the end -thanks for reminding us of those serving our country!
rezmutt chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
this is such a good fic. i love it. plus it has kissing so..a good kissing scene that is.
JamSack chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
with reference to cookies and compromises, you probably are right. It was refreshingly angst free and would probably fit better away from the angst of seasons 7 & 8.

Like this one. And her over thinking moment in it, correlates to the fact that their 'caring for each other' is still unspoken. (Sorry to put this in here, they won't let me review twice :( )

I really like this one as well though. We don't have mistletoe in Australia, but it's a good excuse for a quick peck.

I like the idea of Jack sneaking the quasi-mistletoe in the tent and waiting for Sam's reaction too. Thankyou kindly.
LaraSGCLena chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
-'the rich gold-flecked brown colored almost amber in what sunlight filtered through the dense grown-'. Ya know I've read a lot of ways to describe Jack's brown eyes but this one's got to be my fav.

The details that spawn from your mind, Pol, are amazing. You know and feel what you write. When I closed my eyes, I remembered the scent or smell of the mistletoe just as Sam could after kissing Jack. I strongly believe that your stories are true to the show and are cannon. I don't think a lot of people can truly understand the bond that is created between two people when they're serving together, especially on long missions, away from home.

It's caring, protecting but even more surviving together.

So yes I can see them getting pretty close, closer than what the show portrayed, but you dared to write and did in your fanfic.

Thank you for this heartwarmer!
Soleya chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
*sigh* You do non-angsty romance so well... Mine is always so angsty. I wonder what that says about us? :-)

BTW, all of the half-sentences were perfect for them. :-)
Kathryn Shadow chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
It's amazing what you can do. Truly, it is. I haven't watched Stargate in ages (I know, I'm a horrible person) and I heard their voices in my head as I was reading...

Happy not-Christmas-any-more, Pol. XD -hugs-
leiasky chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Been gone for two weeks and am slowly catching up on some reading!

LOL! 'What kind of name is Loki' . . . ok, I had to giggle at that. If he only knew he'd be meeting a 'loki' in a few years time . . . lol

My only critique is . . . would Jack have voiced the 'you forgot someone tonight' (he's not a man of a lot of words, after all, and he's almost always tight-lipped when it comes to any feelings for Sam) or would he just have gone on and done what he'd done without that particular phrase?

Very cute holiday story, nonetheless!
Majikthize chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
Happy shippy sigh here! Gosh that was beautiful! Sam and Jack can always find something off world to pass for mistletoe on Christams eve. ;-)

Although tecnically I guess Daniel found it which makes me forgive him for whipping Sam with the branch... are you still punishing him? Poor Dan. Heh heh!

Seriously though (yes, yes, i do that sometimes) this is just lovely. Oh the UST. Did you have to stop at a kiss? I think we deserve more y'know!

Thank you for writing this and for sharing. I love your writing so much.

And a lovely dedication at the end too. How lovely.
LadyMo chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Lovely, lovely story. Jack does have that effect to surprise and leave you speechless. I love how he waited to see if she would protest and also I love how when he calls her Sam he is saying he is in friend mode not working/miltary mode. In his and her mind that makes the brief kiss allowable.

Thors Mom chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
what a sweet story. really well done w/ everyone in character. thanks for writing, really enjoyed it.
TiaKisu chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
For the umpteenth time: Brilliant! Loved every bit of it. It's so sweet how Jack turns to walk infront of her to make sure no further branches can hit her. And the scene with Daniel and the Mistletoe ... God, I love Teal'C (- “I do not wish to kiss you. Nor, I believe, does O’Neill.” - haha, I can so picture the big one there )!

Best of course was this awesome shippy scene in the tent. ;D

Thanx for giving us yet another great story to read.

P.S.: And thanx for adding the little mythology background. Didn't know that one before. :)
ALIMOO1971 chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Great short story, merry christmas to you Polrobin
Kedd chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Very sweet...

Although, I have to admit that when Jack said, "Are you going to plant one on Teal'c?" I half expected Teal'c to respond with, "I do not believe I would be a suitable growth medium for this vegetation, O'Neill."

Love your writing, as always. Happy Holidays!
gater62 chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
That was such a wonderful story! It warmed my heart! Thanks Pol!