Reviews for The Dress
Falpangaea chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Absolutely adorable. I kept the wedding dress as well :P Both the dress and Adaia's boots were in my inventory from start to finish, with the wedding ring equipped. It seemed wrong to sell them.

I like the way you eased into their interaction. It wasn't just a "Oh! We just met but let me tell you my life story ... "; this seems a lot more natural, especially considering Kallian's history.

I also love your choice of Leliana as the person she opens up to. Not taking into account the fact that Leliana is probably one of my favorite characters, if not my favorite, in DA:O, her experiences seem most like Kallian's own, which will allow them to form a bond that the other companions couldn't ever possibly have with her.
Aziethe chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
How lovely! Poor Kallian. The setting was beautiful, and I love the idea that she's still carrying around her wedding dress for the sake of sentiment alone. Leliana was a perfect mix of concern and careful information-gatheringness.
Nefferduat chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Cute, and all mushy and stuff (in a good way, I'm just not very articulate right now)

And don't worry about the dress thing. I had my elf wear her wedding ring to the very end... and I named the dog Nelaros.

We are sentimental fools together.
BusyPerson chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
That was magnificent! I love the fact that this story revolves around discovering the PCs character and not the already established backgrounds of the NPCs. I especially love that you fleshed out even more of the PCs origin by giving her a history before the wedding and melding it into her character - her tattoo; that's just neat.

Great atmosphere, overall very well done
goldfoil chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I really enjoyed this, and your writing style is great. I liked the description of the tattoo, and building that into the character's backstory.
Avarenda chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Beautifully done. Thanks so much for sharing this.
Spreniel chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Loved the story. 3

I had a hard time remembering it wasn't my City Elf I was reading about, since my Kallian is very similair in personality to yours (I even kept my regular clothing and wedding dress too). The only thing that jarred my immersion in the fic was your Kallian's physical appearance; my character is tan with short, dark hair (Shianni's haristyle actually, though was unintentional). P

Gonna go read Shoes and Hair now.
Ledilettant chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
a really nice chapter.
Ryzaki chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
That was beautiful and sad. And I never really played City Elf before but you single handily made me do it! DARN YET ANOTHER PLAYTHROUGH BLAST IT!

Usually I play human noble (for one I felt that it tied everything in neatly [the fact that for one: you actually have a reason to want to gut How two: them listening to you at the landsmeet makes sense and three: I happen to like the Couslands.
Exile Isan chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
I like this story very much. :) I always found it annoying as well that your companions were surprised to find out that you'd almost been married... although Alistair's tone of voice was funny. LOL And you're not the only one who's a sentimentalist, my PC wore her wedding ring from start to finish and I kept the wedding dress too. :)