Reviews for The Little Medic That Could
PhantomEmpress chapter 2 . 12/16/2009
Yay! Lifeline's beginnings! I like how Beach handled that interview, still a hard ass but a hard ass with good reason to be. Can't wait for more..
Faye Kinitt chapter 2 . 12/15/2009
poor lifeline, hope he finds his footing soon, and that doc is nice to him.

cant wait to see with these recruits think of snake eyes and how snake eyes and lifeline become friends.
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 2 . 12/15/2009
Greenies are dead. D-E-A-D. Snake is going to make greenie mincemeat if they mouth off like that in hand to hand.

Poor ninja...what's he going to do with Lifeline?

Looking forwards to Doc and Lifeline getting to know one another, and Beach's obstacle courses are always high entertainment.

Very much enjoying this, and I hope you update soon.
zenbon zakura chapter 2 . 12/15/2009
hahahaha lol

hm lifeline and who is the question...-_-
Karama9 chapter 2 . 12/15/2009
At least one of them recognized Snake Eyes's name... I wonder how? They're sure going to be in for a surprise if any of them still think their hand-to-hand instructor is just a pencil pusher who knows karate and who'll only be better than some of them.

Great chapter. I'm at the point I have no idea which story I hope you update next.
Frog1 chapter 2 . 12/15/2009
(chuckle) Can you please add Snake Eyes reaction to Beachhead 'passing the buck' or the pacifist in the next chapter?
susan chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
awesome job! please4 keep writing )

I got an suggestion for Life Line since he's a pacifist.

I want the betting pool betwen Life Line and Beach head to bet that Life Line wins and Beach head had to clean all the bathrooms in the pit
slapshot22 chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
As always great start to what's going to be yet another great story! Go Lifeline! I bet Lil Beachie was proud of how the real BeachHead whipped those greenies on the first day! :)
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
It's always a pleasure to see the less prominent or support characters getting a bit of attention, and this fic looks like it'll do that in spades. I loved Beach Head's reaction to the pacifist-and oh dear, he would be happy at the prospect of new recruits to torture, wouldn't he?

I haven't know you to write anything other than a good 'fic yet, but this one looks like it's going to be extra-special. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Strapakai chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
I'd love to see them try and talk Lifeline into carrying a tranquilizer gun. At some point, he could use it on an injured BeachHead.

I really enjoy your stories, and this one is no exception.
mossley chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
This is a fascinating idea for a story. You've set it up nicely, and the OCs add a nice dimension of detail without being distracting.

The comics never really dwelt much on Lifeline's views beyond a single Special Missions issue, but there's a lot of potential there. Where you go with it depends a lot on whether you're following the cartoon or comic canon. In the comics, he was accepting about what went on around him, but he was kind of an annoying jerk in the cartoon, IIRC. Feel free to PM me if you need someone to bounce ideas off of.

A couple of comments, though, but nothing major despite the length!

Was the reference to Duke as a lieutenant a typo or did he have that rank in some version I'm not familiar with?

The scene with Flint and Beach Head came across as a little over-the-top. They both have tempers (depending on which version of BH you use), but they're both professionals. Technically, BH was borderline insubordinate in that scene, and Flint wouldn't have a license to punch enlisted members; look what happened to General Patton.

Finally, I think any doctors reading this story might disagree with the idea that a paramedic is practically a doctor. :-) Lifeline is highly trained in his own right, but he's not really that close to Doc in range of skills.

Hope you update soon.
Sunflare2k5 chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
I think that BeachHead would wash out Superman and Batman... :)
Karama9 chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Really nice start. Can't wait for part two!
Grosbeak chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Cute story, but there's no big issue with field medics who are paficists. That's usually where the military usually puts conscientious objectors too. And Duke can't pass anything on to Flint. Flint's an officer and Duke's just a sergeant.
Frog1 chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Very good job, can't wait to read more!
245 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 Next »