Reviews for Towards the Setting Sun
Duck chapter 28 . 7/25
WHERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER?
seth 8627 chapter 28 . 7/21
Cruel, just cruel. Totally in love but you killing me with the cliffs
pistonsfan75 chapter 27 . 7/17
Yes! She gets to escape! I hope you continue this story after chapter 28. I just read this entire story in one day. I really like it.

I was hoping her and Shang would see each other again. Seems, from the head kisses he was giving her, that he's not gonna let go of her again very easily.

I'm very glad Luo Jin is finally truly dead. What a sorry excuse of a man.
pistonsfan75 chapter 28 . 7/17
Loving it so far!
Cynthia chapter 28 . 7/2
can you please make Shang's P.O.V. for this story? So good!
moraes.alm chapter 28 . 6/29
I open this story every day. I really love this fanfic and I need the next chapter. Please, please, please don't give up. Your story is too amazing and wonderfull for give up. I don't have any other story about my favorite Disney character and you write so good... Please, back to this story. Finish it... ):
My Girl Thursday chapter 28 . 6/17
Just found this story the other day and read it in one sitting. Can't wait for the next update!
FireGuardian89 chapter 28 . 6/9
First of all, I am very impressed with your historical knowledge and your ability to weave it in to the story plot line. I am also writing a story in the Tang Dynasty, although set in the earlier years of its existence. Any time a writer can incorporate actual historical figures, cultural norms/ideals, battles, etc., they earn my respect right away because this is something that is not always easy to do and many shy away from.

This story is WAY better than the second movie disney put out, and it is a shame the sequel wasn't more like this (minus the adult themes because obviously disney wouldn't okay it). I tremendously appreciate you didn't go the rape route, as most of the times this is the used story line when someone is captured. Obviously that would the reality of the female captives, but the way you painted Mulan's bonding with the concubines there shows a good depiction of what life was like and how the women were treated. Luo Jin, however, I grew to hate which shows you are doing your job. Whenever you are able to evoke a visceral reaction from a reader due to an unlikeable character, it shows your characterization is strong. The OCs you have developed are excellent too, and really drive the plot further.

I also recognize that you took on this story from another author, which is not an easy task to do because tone, style, and diction will vary from person to person. Very rarely when reading the story could I tell someone else was taking over, which reflects your ability to adapt very well. Your quality of writing is exceptional and your ability to tell a story is great as well. The creativity from deviating from the normal plot lines is a considerable strength, and your depiction of army tactics and strategies is very realistic. Most stories fail to address the tactical part behind the troops, so it is awesome to see you have a grasp on this.

Kool's comments I have to agree with- it was a powerful scene but would have liked to see a little more there. However, I can also see how you wanted to write the scene in that way to kind of kept things suspenseful as to what happens with Shang and Mulan's relationship afterwards. The head kisses were a very subtle yet effective gesture because to me as the reader that is where Shang is finally expressing his true feelings without outright saying them.

I am familiar with the Battle of Yexi River and Ashina Helu and look forward to seeing how you are going to portray it. I hope you come back soon- looking forward to seeing your next moves.
Meggles chapter 28 . 6/9
Hi! By looking at the dates it seems like this was written a number of years ago...I've just gotten into this Mulan fanfic stuff...Just wondering if it will ever be finished or if it's up to the reader to imagine the rest? Thanks!
Lovelife05 chapter 27 . 6/4
This is such a well writen and interesting story. Why did you stop writing ? It was so good. I really hope you come back to it.
h34rt1lly chapter 28 . 5/1
Gah, I can't remember the last time I was this into a story. I love how realistic and accurate you've written this, it truly is fantastic. My only complaint is that you left such a cliffhanger to plague us until your next update xD
Lady Foxy Roxy chapter 28 . 4/29
OMG! I just found this and am in love with it. Please update soon.
PearlSnorlax chapter 28 . 4/28
I cant believe i havent read this until now. I started it a few days ago, and now i've finish it, (well, for now) Its just great, excelente, and i love all the details and actual historicals facts; the development of the characters, their relashionships its just perfect, and the OCs are great, and i love all the drama, and, and... AAHH Shang and Mulan are back together omg Please update soon, i love this! *-*
poumon chapter 28 . 4/1