Reviews for Towards the Setting Sun
glraxaystarfire katniss chapter 26 . 3/2
I LOVE THIS STORY TO THE PASSTION I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE CHAPTER Though. So Please finish it out it wonderful
Casiopea Tortuga chapter 26 . 2/11
OMG! It's been a whole year, my dear. Where are you? You left behind such a good story... We never get to know if Mulan goes back to China... or not?
Joy995072 chapter 26 . 1/23
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ finish this wonderful sorry I am going mad
Lovely Minnie Minty chapter 19 . 1/10
I'm so glad you continued this story and I hope you're not finished! Love it and can't wait for a reunion :) great story!
WolfishMoon chapter 26 . 12/17/2013
Now is the time to bring out the flaming pitchforks.
How could you leave it at that for almost a year?!
Anyway, very well written. You slid the previous author's style into yours so very gradually that it's difficult to spot the change and impossible to care that the change took place. I adore the fact that this fic actually sorta fits into history, and all that. Your strategical thinking is very good, and the progression of the war realistic. While the historical context might be the work of the previous author, the war progression and strategical thinking is entirely yours, and it is to be entirely commended.
Now. UPDATE!
Or I shall come at you with an imaginary army of sentient and self propelling flaming pitchforks.
Galloping Horses chapter 26 . 12/8/2013
OH. MY. GOSH! I am on the edge of my seat! Please tell me Mulan escapes, or gets rescued and ends up with Shang! I am currently crying my eyes out! Updat soon!
Princess Geta chapter 1 . 11/24/2013
Agh, I'm having a hard time thinking of how to word this...

You are most certainly a talented writer, I could never do even half of what you or the original writer did with this story. You both included history of which you may not have originally been very familiar with but because of your passion for story telling, took the time to learn and incorporate. Before even reading a word of your own material I found you to be so sweet and charming and humble in regards to how adamant you were about giving the original writer the credit. But I can definitely say I quickly started to note big differences between the writing styles, original author had a truly graceful way with descriptions, subtley (no need for coarse language to describe anything but you somehow still felt the uglyness of what could be going on) whereas now, it feels...gritty. The dialogue feels out of character from the characters the original author introduces (and hey, they are in out of character scenarios so that is most certainly understandable) but I do feel like it could have been delivered or given to us in a way where you are so in tune with the character, with their inner turmoil - that you know they truly had no choice.

and again im sighing because I don't want this to sound at all like a flame... :( I commend you immensely for the unbelievable time consuming task you took on and I have actually really enjoyed it! So much so that I've spent the last 3 days reading it from beginning to end. Had I really disliked the change I would have stopped after a chapter or two after the switch, but I didn't :) I'm very intrigued by and impressed with the dark direction you took it in and will happily put this story on my alert list incase you ever do decide to come back! All I was truly trying to say was, setting the scene and a little more description with what she's feeling instead of just telling us. Hopefully that makes sense 3

take care of yourself, the story is great, supremely unique and I truly can't wait and hope to see an email telling me this story has been updated anew!
Moonstone blaze chapter 26 . 11/1/2013
Aww why do you have to torture Mulan so much? From whipping to a rapist then to another rapist. I don't like the Turk guy much, however nice he may be, he is still the enemy. Sighs I have a feeling Mulan won't easily enter a relationship with Shang now. If only Mushu was here, which he should be as her guardian, then he could've help Mulan like before. I miss the magical aspect of Mulan in the Disney movie. It was more funny and dramatic. I hope Mulan's future will look better soon.
Joy995072 chapter 26 . 10/22/2013
PLEASE FINISH THIS STORY! Its literally killing me, your such a good writer.
Miss MJ Mayo chapter 26 . 10/9/2013
Please, please, please! I'm begging you, please don't stop here! I will say it all, on my knees, in tears! But please don't stop here! You've said it yourself, it's so hard to find a good Mulan story and then they discontinue it! So please, for my sanity if not my needs, continue writing because living in this fantasy life, is way better than my reality.
-Miss MJ
Aud chapter 26 . 9/15/2013
Are you planning on finishing this story
July's fantasies chapter 26 . 9/7/2013
just... can't wait for mulan to get back to shang now... anytime would be good.
Lisa Cooper chapter 26 . 9/1/2013
Thanks for posting the characters', Mulan and Shang, ages up. My 20th-21st century perspective had Mulan older. I enjoyed Chapter 26; I don't think it was up when I last read this story. (It was definitely worth more than one reading. Both you and icedragon6171 did a nice job on building the story, the plot, the dialogue, adding enough detail to make the story believable, etc...) Thank you for writing this story;I do hope if you have the time and interest you'll complete it. Best of luck, Lisa C.
Guest chapter 26 . 8/12/2013
Oh, come on! You have to update! I just read your story for the first time, and it is amazing. Please, please, please, PLEASE update soon!

Guest
CluelessAngel chapter 26 . 8/2/2013
When are you going to next update? I'm dying to read more!