Reviews for Love Letters
SikanderLeto chapter 9 . 6/17/2010
Hello, hello :D

I know, I am late with reading, but school was so hard the last time x_x But now I have time (next week will be holidays at last! :D) So, let’s start _

It was so cute reading Alexanders wishes and hopes! He still is not more than a boy, even if he want to be a man. He needs someone to talk, he needs someone who is there for him. And Hephaistion, who had this part, is now not longer this person :o It’s so dramatic how you exlain Alexanders feelings, I love them! 3

“There was only one aspect of this Love-Tragedy of Hephaestion that Alexander did not want to acknowledge – the identity of the Beloved.”

Mah – Alexander, boy! YOU are the Beloved. You always was! Chrm – sometimes I want to jump into the story, bagging Alexander until he understood :( xD

“And you will read to me in your sweet, clear voice, maybe something from the Iliad or perhaps, if you will not laugh at it, some stories from my book about the loves of Heracles.“

Arw, that’s so cute! Hephaistion is a real romantic! :D (leastwise one man in this world... xD) And this picture in my head! 3 Charming! :D

“He felt his skin growing hot – he even felt a stirring in his loins which mortified him but was not enough to scare him off.“

Grah, Alexander! OO You’re ready for sex! Well, that sounds a little bit harsh in English, but I can’t describe my thoughts in other words xD Can’t he understand now, that his body is ready? That just his head is between him and his great love?

“Hephaestion's words trailed off as he stopped in the doorway, staring at Alexander crouched by his trunk as if he could not understand what he was seeing.“

O_O No! X_X No, no, no! Catastrophe, apocalypse! Why didn’t he closed the door? Why hadn’t he waited a little more? O_O Alexander, you’re a ... fool x_x a stupid fool!

“"I hate you!" Hephaestion's words struck Alexander like a blow; by the time he had recovered, his friend was gone.”

No, no, you can’t O_O You mustn’t! *cry* That’s Alexander, that’s the love of your life T_T Alexander, shake your ass and follow him òo tell him the truth – tell him EVERYTHING!

Oh dear, my poor heart. That’s not good :o

But there is the next chapter and there will be a great Happy End, right? There has to be one... *hope*

Sincerely :D Sarah
Maydn chapter 10 . 6/16/2010
I think this is a wonderful, beautiful end to your story! I really like how you described Alexander and Hephaistion talking, with some uncertainty and fear on both sides but still they were open and honest with each other. It wasn't some cliché confrontation, instead they behaved more believable to what they really are: friends who knew each other for so long, and I'm glad it turned out like that! :)

I think you were doing a great job with the portrayal of their thoughts, like with Alexander's 'consideration/acceptance' ;) of his human side or -especially- Hephaistion's lovely proclamation that he'd have to live a pious life from then on... It all simply fit.

And then, the last paragraphs were the icing on the cake! So funny and somehow full of loving warmth, it really brought a smile on my face. xD Thank you for sharing this, I'll certainly check out any new stories you might post. Good luck
Mistress of Nightmares chapter 10 . 6/16/2010
Naw, what an adorable ending! This was the perfect conclusion, it’s nice to have such a sweet finish for such a tumultuous course of events. Plus Philip cracks me up so much, that man is such a perv! lol

Your Alexander fics are really the best I have found; I hope you plan on writing more when you have the time, but I know what a pain a busy life is. I look forward to them if you do! :)
So chapter 10 . 6/13/2010
Hi!

I just want to tell you that your story is beautiful! Alexander is so cute like that, And Hephaistion's letters are...so interessant!

For me, in your story, they are as teenagers in real world, and everybody can find himself in both of them.

Wonderful!

Congratulations to the author!

(I am sorry if i make some mistake, but i'am a French girl, and i have never review an English story at this time. You're the first! But your story deserve a review, i think.)

So, thank you for writing!

So'.
Sovereign of Silence3 chapter 10 . 6/13/2010
great story, it's finally done hah! i'm glad that Alexander and Hephaestion finally hooked up, I guess a bit of added conflict was needed to give them that final push haha. Alexander's father is hilarious. Hope to read more from you in the future.
Laurensis chapter 10 . 6/13/2010
Hey Selene71! I got your email and I shall respond to you in a separate message very soon.

Perfect! The scene with Philip's presence is just what the story needed to round it up. The King-self-assured,ribald and unabashedly sensual. To my mind it is just the right counterpoint to the central theme of your story-Alexander's abstemiousness. It just shows how multi-layered the facets of the perception of human sexuality can be. There you have the Prince's sexual insecurities, Hephaistion's own comfortable if innocent sensuality and Phillip's very, very masculime (or macho if you wish) sexual also qualifies the angst portayals from earlier chapters thus light-heartedly reedeming the story from being maudlin. Within the context of what is being mostly churned out in this Website as of late, this story defines quality.
Serpent91 chapter 10 . 6/13/2010
Well done!
Prieel chapter 10 . 6/12/2010
Such a beautiful story, finally Alexander gives in :)

This just warmed my heart.
Norrsken chapter 10 . 6/12/2010
Dear Moon,

A beautiful conclusion to this intriguing tale of adolescent love and friendship. Alexander and Hephaestion has walked a long road together and apart, all until they find out the truth about their feelings. Alexander's complicated family relations are always a hindrance, too. His fear that he might become as King Philip is scary, we know that he will not, but he doesn't realize this himself.

The dialog is fast flowing and natural, the scenery and imagery vivid and compelling. I can almost *see* and *hear* them together. I like how your pictures of autumnal beauty accompany their flaming love and friendship.

"The fruit on their favourite tree were heavy and ripe; some had already fallen and lay like bright red jewels upon the green grass."

"all about them the cool greenery had exploded into a firestorm of reds, oranges and yellows."

All the best wishes and many thanks for sharing, Looking much forward to new tales from you,

/ NorthernLight
Sovereign of Silence3 chapter 9 . 6/6/2010
wow, it seems this story has taken quite a turn! alexander gave into temptation, but it's nice to know he's slowly realizing his sexual feelings for hephaestion! i hope they can work this out, looking forward to the next installment!
PrinzessinUmi1 chapter 9 . 6/2/2010
Aawwww poor baby! *Hugs Alexander*

Those two need to have a very long talk! D:
Serpent91 chapter 9 . 5/29/2010
Well written!
delos13 chapter 9 . 5/28/2010
Another wonderful chapter, and just one more left? I would be so sad that there are no more chapters to expect but from the other side - I would be happy that Alexander at last realizes where the truth lies and that Hephaistion prayers would be answered.

I don't personally think that it took Alexander that long to realize the truth but your story is incredibly convincing! When I read your story, this is how I think it happened, and I get so frustrated with Alexander, how can he be so blind?

Thank you so much for this story and please update soon.

Best,

Delos13
1874716 chapter 9 . 5/24/2010
OMG! I just found this today and JESUS! This is so good, so exciting and wrenching and WELL WRITTEN. I don't think I've read anything this good in for at least a year! I realize you have just updated recently but still, I feel like I must urge you to do so again! Please! I love Alexander and Hephaestion's love just breaks my heart. Waaaa, I'm so in love with your fic, I can't stand it. Keep it up!
Maydn chapter 9 . 5/23/2010
This chapter had some more interesting developments! I liked especially Alexander's thoughts about wanting to understand Hephaistion: he was so very obsessed about it, and how you worded was so intense, it felt like there was quite some sexual innuendo too (might have been only my pervy mind being over-perceptive though ;))... Anyway, I liked how you did that and in the end, Alexander wasn't so stupid about the "mysterious beloved" anymore, but rather in denial and that was pretty believable to me.

That evening when Alex was still so rattled by his discovery and trying to come to term with his own feelings/desires was made even more dramatic with the fact that Hephaistion didn't write another letter. Crazy how doing 'nothing' can create such suspense! xD

I really want to know what happened to Hephaistion... and of course how Alexander will make things right. :) Looking forward to the conclusion!
87 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »