Reviews for Love Letters
SikanderLeto chapter 10 . 6/17/2010
Oh my god, the final chapter – ALREADY the final chapter ): What am I to do the next weeks? :o I hope, there will be soon more fanfictions :D I can’t wait to read them!

“"It's sad to think that we've been at odds since the spring…"”

Oh dear! For so long time? That’s horrible O_O And they still shared a room all the time? Oh no... They surely suffered a lot, my poor Baby_Boys! ûu

“"Or Heracles wanted Iolaus?" Alexander suggested gently, crouching beside him and taking Hephaestion's hand in his own.“

Oh, that’s a good start. They don’t bark or yell to each other – my hopes a rising! xD

“[...]Hephaestion, you see how lust controls him… if I really am his son, what if I become like him? Think about it, Hephaestion… what if I begin treating you the way he's treated some of his lovers…?"“

Ha, no, if that’s the problem, you’re simply the son of Zeus. Well, bad example... he, too, has a lot of love affairs and – yes, very bad example. We could just hope, he has not this genes! xD

“As he spoke, Hephaestion leaned forward and kissed him.”

And a sigh of true, real happiness is hearing. *_* AT LAST! After 10 chapters they finally understand each other! Thanks god, thanks to all muses, thank you! xD Oh my god, I am happy! 3

“[...]"let's go to our room…"”

Oho! *harrumph* Well, I won’t say anything more than: yeah, he understand his body and his feelings at last! x)

“[...]but if being the son of an ordinary mortal means I can give in to feelings like this… and share… what we've just shared… then I'm happy just to be Alexander, son of Philip."“

*_* Oh dear, how cute, how charming, how wonderful he says this! 3 Alexander and Hephaistion, for now, for ever! :D

“[...]if you haven't had enough of me yet… if you'd like to share some more…"”

WOHO! What the hell? O_O My, my, Alexander! Firstly a little, shy boy, who not even WANT to do such things and now -? xDD That’s great *rofl*

And the end *_* The end with Philipp was great! :D I love it! Someone has mad a man of Hephaistion – yeah e_,e after such a hard and dramatically story O_O uhu, I love it 3

It’s the best Happy End I every could imagine for this story :D And I love Happy Ends. I need them, I am a childish, immature girl towards the topic “Alexander and Hephaistion” _

I really hope there will be a lot of other stories! :D I love your style of writing and your ideas.

May the muses be with you :D And thank you very much for this wonderful, romantic, fantastic story!

Sincerely

Sarah :D
SikanderLeto chapter 9 . 6/17/2010
Hello, hello :D

I know, I am late with reading, but school was so hard the last time x_x But now I have time (next week will be holidays at last! :D) So, let’s start _

It was so cute reading Alexanders wishes and hopes! He still is not more than a boy, even if he want to be a man. He needs someone to talk, he needs someone who is there for him. And Hephaistion, who had this part, is now not longer this person :o It’s so dramatic how you exlain Alexanders feelings, I love them! 3

“There was only one aspect of this Love-Tragedy of Hephaestion that Alexander did not want to acknowledge – the identity of the Beloved.”

Mah – Alexander, boy! YOU are the Beloved. You always was! Chrm – sometimes I want to jump into the story, bagging Alexander until he understood :( xD

“And you will read to me in your sweet, clear voice, maybe something from the Iliad or perhaps, if you will not laugh at it, some stories from my book about the loves of Heracles.“

Arw, that’s so cute! Hephaistion is a real romantic! :D (leastwise one man in this world... xD) And this picture in my head! 3 Charming! :D

“He felt his skin growing hot – he even felt a stirring in his loins which mortified him but was not enough to scare him off.“

Grah, Alexander! OO You’re ready for sex! Well, that sounds a little bit harsh in English, but I can’t describe my thoughts in other words xD Can’t he understand now, that his body is ready? That just his head is between him and his great love?

“Hephaestion's words trailed off as he stopped in the doorway, staring at Alexander crouched by his trunk as if he could not understand what he was seeing.“

O_O No! X_X No, no, no! Catastrophe, apocalypse! Why didn’t he closed the door? Why hadn’t he waited a little more? O_O Alexander, you’re a ... fool x_x a stupid fool!

“"I hate you!" Hephaestion's words struck Alexander like a blow; by the time he had recovered, his friend was gone.”

No, no, you can’t O_O You mustn’t! *cry* That’s Alexander, that’s the love of your life T_T Alexander, shake your ass and follow him òo tell him the truth – tell him EVERYTHING!

Oh dear, my poor heart. That’s not good :o

But there is the next chapter and there will be a great Happy End, right? There has to be one... *hope*

Sincerely :D Sarah
Maydn chapter 10 . 6/16/2010
I think this is a wonderful, beautiful end to your story! I really like how you described Alexander and Hephaistion talking, with some uncertainty and fear on both sides but still they were open and honest with each other. It wasn't some cliché confrontation, instead they behaved more believable to what they really are: friends who knew each other for so long, and I'm glad it turned out like that! :)

I think you were doing a great job with the portrayal of their thoughts, like with Alexander's 'consideration/acceptance' ;) of his human side or -especially- Hephaistion's lovely proclamation that he'd have to live a pious life from then on... It all simply fit.

And then, the last paragraphs were the icing on the cake! So funny and somehow full of loving warmth, it really brought a smile on my face. xD Thank you for sharing this, I'll certainly check out any new stories you might post. Good luck~
Mistress of Nightmares chapter 10 . 6/16/2010
Naw, what an adorable ending! This was the perfect conclusion, it’s nice to have such a sweet finish for such a tumultuous course of events. Plus Philip cracks me up so much, that man is such a perv! lol

Your Alexander fics are really the best I have found; I hope you plan on writing more when you have the time, but I know what a pain a busy life is. I look forward to them if you do! :)
So chapter 10 . 6/13/2010
Hi!

I just want to tell you that your story is beautiful! Alexander is so cute like that, And Hephaistion's letters are...so interessant!

For me, in your story, they are as teenagers in real world, and everybody can find himself in both of them.

Wonderful!

Congratulations to the author!

(I am sorry if i make some mistake, but i'am a French girl, and i have never review an English story at this time. You're the first! But your story deserve a review, i think.)

So, thank you for writing!

So'.
Sovereign of Silence3 chapter 10 . 6/13/2010
great story, it's finally done hah! i'm glad that Alexander and Hephaestion finally hooked up, I guess a bit of added conflict was needed to give them that final push haha. Alexander's father is hilarious. Hope to read more from you in the future.
Laurensis chapter 10 . 6/13/2010
Hey Selene71! I got your email and I shall respond to you in a separate message very soon.

Perfect! The scene with Philip's presence is just what the story needed to round it up. The King-self-assured,ribald and unabashedly sensual. To my mind it is just the right counterpoint to the central theme of your story-Alexander's abstemiousness. It just shows how multi-layered the facets of the perception of human sexuality can be. There you have the Prince's sexual insecurities, Hephaistion's own comfortable if innocent sensuality and Phillip's very, very masculime (or macho if you wish) sexual also qualifies the angst portayals from earlier chapters thus light-heartedly reedeming the story from being maudlin. Within the context of what is being mostly churned out in this Website as of late, this story defines quality.
Serpent91 chapter 10 . 6/13/2010
Well done!
Prieel chapter 10 . 6/12/2010
Such a beautiful story, finally Alexander gives in :)

This just warmed my heart.
Norrsken chapter 10 . 6/12/2010
Dear Moon,

A beautiful conclusion to this intriguing tale of adolescent love and friendship. Alexander and Hephaestion has walked a long road together and apart, all until they find out the truth about their feelings. Alexander's complicated family relations are always a hindrance, too. His fear that he might become as King Philip is scary, we know that he will not, but he doesn't realize this himself.

The dialog is fast flowing and natural, the scenery and imagery vivid and compelling. I can almost *see* and *hear* them together. I like how your pictures of autumnal beauty accompany their flaming love and friendship.

"The fruit on their favourite tree were heavy and ripe; some had already fallen and lay like bright red jewels upon the green grass."

"all about them the cool greenery had exploded into a firestorm of reds, oranges and yellows."

All the best wishes and many thanks for sharing, Looking much forward to new tales from you,

/ NorthernLight
Sovereign of Silence3 chapter 9 . 6/6/2010
wow, it seems this story has taken quite a turn! alexander gave into temptation, but it's nice to know he's slowly realizing his sexual feelings for hephaestion! i hope they can work this out, looking forward to the next installment!
PrinzessinUmi1 chapter 9 . 6/2/2010
Aawwww poor baby! *Hugs Alexander*

Those two need to have a very long talk! D:
Serpent91 chapter 9 . 5/29/2010
Well written!
delos13 chapter 9 . 5/28/2010
Another wonderful chapter, and just one more left? I would be so sad that there are no more chapters to expect but from the other side - I would be happy that Alexander at last realizes where the truth lies and that Hephaistion prayers would be answered.

I don't personally think that it took Alexander that long to realize the truth but your story is incredibly convincing! When I read your story, this is how I think it happened, and I get so frustrated with Alexander, how can he be so blind?

Thank you so much for this story and please update soon.

Best,

Delos13
1874716 chapter 9 . 5/24/2010
OMG! I just found this today and JESUS! This is so good, so exciting and wrenching and WELL WRITTEN. I don't think I've read anything this good in for at least a year! I realize you have just updated recently but still, I feel like I must urge you to do so again! Please! I love Alexander and Hephaestion's love just breaks my heart. Waaaa, I'm so in love with your fic, I can't stand it. Keep it up!
88 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »