Reviews for Love Letters
Norrsken chapter 7 . 4/18/2010
Dear Moon,

So nice seeing another update from you. My congratulations to your new computer! :)

Your Love Letters gives us much of the complicated adolescent feelings. I feel so sorry for *your* jealous Alexander. He has grossly misinterpreted the letter he read, he doesn't realize that it was actually meant for him, as a secret way of expressing Hephaestion's *forbidden* feelings.

The night time scene is mysterious. Who is Hephaestion meeting in secret? Poor Alexander, no wonder he feels very bad about it.

My favourite in this chapter was of course Alexander's meeting with Hellanike. She is a very wise woman and I think that she is of some help to him in his difficulties. Her nursery tale of Cleitus' dreadful prank puts a great smile on my face. It is quite hilarious, especially the honey on Cleitus' fingers ! :)

All the best wishes and eagerly awaiting the update,

Troilus chapter 6 . 4/10/2010
Mistress of nightmares is right :

this story is a brilliant mixture of fun and heartwarming romance.

Please update soon !
Sushoo chapter 6 . 4/5/2010
OMG, you are killing me with this! please update soon.
Mistress of Nightmares chapter 6 . 3/27/2010
This story is hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time - keep it up. :)
SikanderLeto chapter 6 . 3/12/2010
Hello again! :D

Uhm, what a sad chapter! T_T And embarrassing both Alexander and Hephaistion!

But lets start with the beginning:

Which kind of books bought Hephaistion? OO ( . . .Kamasutra? xD)

And what about the letters he wrote constantly? Does he lock the chest where he puts them in? I mean... I would read them if I would be on Alexanders place. But he has too much respect for Hephaistions privary, hasn't he? :D

And Cassander is an asshole! I hate him :( He's such a ... bastard! A mean bastard. And Philipp should be punished for telling Antipatros such things about his son! Doesn't he know shame?

Well, and the story with the "bringing himself off" . . . LOL xD Understandable on the one hand, but on the other - what does Alexander think about him now? . . . Or another question: Does he really KNOW what they spoke about? xD

I hope my poor Baby Boy will be treated better the next chapter ._. And I'm curious if he will ask Hephaistion what this is all about.

Sincerely

Sarah
delos13 chapter 6 . 3/7/2010
Dear Moon71,

I was so happy to read the next chapter of your story and I enjoyed it a lot. It's dificult to say whom I pity more, Alexander or Hephaistion, they are both miserable and it doesn't look like there is any solution to their predicament unless Alexander starts to understand that love such as Hephaistion's is a great treasure and there is nothing to be ashamed of. I hope he sees the light soon, just to end their sufferings, but from the other hand, I enjoy this story a lot and want it to continue for a very long time.

The dialog of Alexander's friends about his sex life is hilarious and one would think that the Olympians got frustrated with Alexander's slowliness and made him overheard that conversation on purpose!
Sovereign of Silence3 chapter 6 . 3/7/2010
I wonder how Alexander feels after hearing that. I wonder what he's gonna do now! If anything, that is. Great chapter!
Ardespuffy chapter 6 . 3/7/2010
Oh, chapter 6 is finally out! This makes me overjoyed :3

I really appreciated how you put down in words the fact that Alexander believes himself to be half divine, while Hephaistion is 100% human. Personally, I never thought an interpretation of his attitude would adapt to sexual matters, more particularly his relationship with Hephaistion - but it all makes perfectly sense, you know. Glad to read of you always!
Norrsken chapter 6 . 3/6/2010
Dear Moon,

I was very late at my R&R on your previous chapters. Now I see that I am proud to be the first one to R&R your update. :)

You give us both angst and humour in this. Hephaestion's love letter is so filled with angst and adolescent longings. He pours out his very soul and he has such deep feelings. Then Alexander comes and reads some of the letter. It should have been hilarious but also very frustrating when he becomes jealous of - himself!

The Companions' gossip is also hilarious. Poor Alexander, having to overhear such indecent talk. One feels sorry for him. They don't have any flattering things to say about his love life. :)

All the best wishes and many thanks for sharing,

Sovereign of Silence3 chapter 5 . 2/26/2010
hey! i read this story a while back, but i didnt get a chance to review it then. I kinda almost forgot to lol. I really liked the chapter, the ending was kinda sad but sweet. I want to see how they make it right haha! That sucks a lot about your computer getting a virus, I know how that feels. It's like your world is just crashing and burning! Ok, well that's maybe that's just how it feels for me hehe.
unestel chapter 5 . 2/19/2010
It's beautiful, the tension was built up quite nicely, though...well... the influence of Renaut is obvious. It's you Hephaistion that makes the difference - he's thoughtful, wise, desperate but not pitiful... No surprise Alexander's so in love with him :D.

Take the time you need, I'll wait patiently for the next update!
SikanderLeto chapter 5 . 2/19/2010
Hello!

I am so sorry! I've just mentioned that I'd totally forgotten to write a review for the last chapter! I had read it in school but after it no time for writing a feedback because my next lessons started :( I am really sorry!

This chapter - as the last - is really good but sad, either. I am so sorry for Hephaistion, who is captured in his feelings of desire and who can't understand Alexanders simple love. But I am so relieved that he doesn't seemed to take the offering of his... I think it was his cousin, but I forgot the name - for granted. That would be Alexanders death!

On the other hand he needs help to understand that desire isn't as bad as he thinks and that lust is a normal human feeling.

But I hope, he won't never ever find the letter Hephaistion wrote!

I am really excited for the next chapter :D

I hope, Alexander is able to take a step forward!

Sincerely

Sarah
m.s chapter 5 . 2/14/2010
so update it soon
Norrsken chapter 5 . 2/13/2010
Dear Moon,

More of complicated adolescent feelings. Hephaestion's hidden *love letters' to his Golden One are so filled with angst and frustration. The beautiful imagery from previous chapter is taken even further in the nighttime angst scene. Poor Alexander. You make us feel his frustration in a very vivid manner. At long last Hephaestion understands. He is most consoling and endearing, and one hopes for the best. Still, Andromachus is looming and threatens to come between them.

All the best wishes and many thanks for sharing,

/ NorthernLight

PS: Hoping that your 'net connection and computer will be working better from now on. These problems can be very frustrating, indeed. TS
Norrsken chapter 3 . 2/13/2010
Dear Moon,

Beautiful beginning with Spring turning into Summer. The imagery of our Dear Ones sprawling under their favourite tree adds to the beauty of nature itself.

Then the angst deepens. Poor Alexander. Now he has a rival. Andromachus' ouvertures to Hephaestion makes him very jealous, indeed. His panic and deeply upset feelings are well described. I hope that *our* Hephaestion hasn't told him this on purpose. It sure is a good strategy to make him very jealous and even more interested!

All the best wishes and eagerly off to next part,

88 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »