Reviews for Love Letters
delos13 chapter 2 . 12/25/2009
Ah, Alexander and Hephaistion interpretation of being lovers is so different at this stage. I very hope that you'll allow them to come to mutual understanding in the end.

The discription of Hephaistion attempt to show the depth of his love to Alexander is so masterful, the interaction between Hephasition and Alexander is so vivid and true to reality (at least as I would like to imagine it).

I am waiting impationately for the next chapter.

Delos13
angstman chapter 2 . 12/23/2009
so sweet and sad :) I know that what Alexander did is a noble thing to do but...it is breaking Phai's heart.
Yumemakura chapter 2 . 12/23/2009
What an emotional chapter! I felt every onces of Hephaistion's agony. It was brilliant how you described so delicately the different perception of love between Alexander and Hephaistion. I hope they will meet at the same point very soon...
Sovereign of Silence3 chapter 2 . 12/23/2009
At the end, I went "aw! poor guy!" This chapter was well written, even the intimate part as Hephaestion and Alexander lay on the grass. It wasn't rushed or anything. And again, the way you are showing the awkwardness of youth is just so true. I love how Alexander feels about his love for Hephaestion, just sounds so pure and innocent. Have a Merry Christmas too! Woot! Looking forward to hearing more!
Norrsken chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Dear Moon,

What a nice surprise to find a new story from yo waiting for me in my flooded mailbox. I see it as a Christmas gift for us readers! And it is a chapter novel, too. I enjoy this tale of adolescent love and friendship a lot. King Philip is a bit too blunt when he speaks with his son *man to man* about his awakening emotions. Alexander is jealous when he sees Hephaestion together with others, but I can sense that all will be well towards the end. :)

All the best wishes and many thanks for sharing, Wishing you and all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Writing year,

/ NorthernLight
delos13 chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
dear Moon71! I am so glad to read your new story, you didn't post here for quite a while. And like other readers who already reviewed this story I am happy that there will be more chapters.

Alexander's uncertainties about Hephaistion feelings and their near future are quite understandible and you described them so well. I hope to read more about Hephaistion feelings in the future chapters. The ending of the first chapter is very heart warming.

Best,

Delos13
Sovereign of Silence3 chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
nothing like awkward teenage romance hehe, im glad you posted this story up here! i'm curious to see how the story progresses. It seems hephaestion is growing up a bit faster than alexander, physically and in maturity lol. can't wait!
unestel chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
Wow, I'm so glad you still continue to write. It has been a long time I read such a beautiful story like this. Can't wait to see more.

I love the part about changing season too, and your Philip. One of the things I don't like about Renault's novels is the way she seemed to underestimate him.
Kizzykat chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
So pleased to see you active again! I hope this means you're feeling inspired to continue writing on Alexander and Hephaestion.
Gulizar chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Great story nd it is so good that you are writing again.
evave chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
I am so happy to read another one of your stories, and to see "to be continued" brings a smile to my lips.

I have reread "Rediscovery" this week, because it seemed like the perfect "winter" story; I feel stuck in my own doldrums, waiting for the Solstice to come and the days to begin their slow and steady lengthening to spring.

I have always enjoyed your "youth" stories, I have always liked the way our young heroes interact with others. I can imagine that A/H were caught in their own little world, letting others in most of the time, but in a little world of secret smiles and glances that reveal inner thoughts.

I enjoyed Alexander's interactions with Phillip, and I like Phillip coming to see for himself how his son is doing. I wonder if he would've preferred his son having "friends with benefits" type of relationships or he would WANT his son to love somebody for the "first" time. I know you don't like Chugg, but he mentioned that there is a treatise called "Dialogues of the Dead" in which Phillip berates Alexander for his "excessive" love of Hephaistion. Would he want his son to love so much or would he want him to love in moderation? After all, what is moderation in love? I appreciate the Phillip you wrote here, not a lecherous drunk but a loving father.

I will wait for your conclusion with bated eyes.

Eva
Arlad chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Oh, I loved this! I can see why you'd want to write a reaction to Renault's Alexander and Hephaestion - every time I re-read her book I immediately turn to your stories for MORE, you know? Hahaha. I loved Philip's ride with Alexander, how he could read his son so sharply, in a way, but also be ignorant of what Alexander felt at the same time. And, well, Alexander and Hephaestion at the end there melted my heart. I can't wait to see what happens next!
87 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6