Reviews for Harry Potter and the Soul of a Chimera
Goldencoyote chapter 9 . 6/22/2011
I Like this, keep going
spedclass chapter 9 . 6/20/2011
Awesome chapter keep up the good work and update soon!
Ex10 chapter 9 . 6/14/2011
awesome story
quick answer chapter 9 . 6/12/2011
I'll come back at a later date for a proper review, but I just HAD to respond to your end of chapter question...

If by some strange occurance a KKK member and Neo-Nazi happened to breed producting a male child, I would hope that child services would have picked the boy up at birth for his own protection, and he would have NO problem dating a mulatto.

Yes, that answer is based on the fact you only mentioned the genetics of the child, not who actually raised him or exactly WHICH ideals he agrees with (don't eat the big white mint, for instance). Much like your Harry, I often feel the need to be a smart ass (and when I was in school, all my teachers lamented when I reminded them that's better than being a dumb ass).

I think I get your point though and agree, which is why I disagree even more firmly with Draco/Hermione (Draco/Ginny can actually work, depending on how twisted the diary made her). Don't know if you do anything in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer fandom, but it's even worse there, trying to put Xander with Spike or Angel. Leaving aside Xander is most definitely not gay, the the fact is he feels Vamps are the most putrid things in existance, and he would happily copulate with a "living" demon rather than a corpse (he leaves that to Buffy).

Okay, my "short" answer got away from me. I do promise to come back with an actual review of the chapter later. (Actually I want to read the story beginning to "end" to make sure I recall how things fit. General impressions were that last chapter was a let down for some reason I don't recall and this one feels more solid... and I was thrilled to see you actually start to develop potential male friends for Harry (need to flesh out distinct personalities for each of his room mates, but the choice of Blase is, in my opinion, absolutely inspired. Harry needs an intelligent male he can snark with and generally enjoy looking down on the idiots. Blaise, as the only intelligent Slytherin, would fit that role nicely - though down the road he may need to warn Harry off any ideas of "Mrs. Robinson" as far as his mum is concerned. Them Black Widows is scary).

Thanks for writing and for posting.
Oaks423 chapter 9 . 6/10/2011
I'm really enjoying the story! This is honestly the first story I've read where Harry is a Huffelpuff!

Please keep up the great writing!

spidermonkey92k chapter 6 . 6/2/2011
this is realy good
Matt chapter 9 . 5/31/2011
Yo I love this story please update soon. I love how you made Harry so completely different combining three beings into one but you kept it realistic. Please Update Soon I want to read more.
Jaraiya's apprentice chapter 9 . 5/30/2011
Very, Very nice story!
AiSard chapter 9 . 5/14/2011
lol, that last bit there I thought Harry was just a bit shocked after the adrenaline rush and didn't notice the injury. and then I had the epiphany moment "ooooh, the hairrrr" lol. Love the fic, love this Harry. Truly do like the feminine additions to Harry, more often than not i see authors make Harry all out flamboyant and put him into a chinese dress for kicks. randomly. I like how it pans out in this fic, with a resolutely male character with very slight female tendencies (just the hair and the maternal nature?) Also, really like how you added the French ghost as the third part of the new soul, though hoping that in the future she'll play a larger part (well.. a larger obvious part anyways) it'd be a shame if such a character-forming character just dissapears into the mists of supporting characters. dead supporting character in a sense. A bit ambivalent on Harry's character in Hogwarts so far though, really really liked his personality when he's with his family, but at hogwarts he seems way too apathetic and slightly psychotic so far. I'm getting hints that as he gets closer to the kids his age that'll probably change (slightly?) but even then its a bit of shocker after the adorable character you introduced pre-Hogwarts. Harry now seems like a mesh of characters; the psychotic adrenaline junkie we just saw, the maternal cooing Harry, and apathetic plus disturbing Harry that seems to be his default in Hogwarts barring interesting happenings. Just felt like those characters are portrayed a bit too.. well, they read like almost completely different characters at the moment to be honest. I just think if you wrote him so that these character tendencies seem more part of a whole rather than distinct fragments it would be just that much better. The difference in how he reacts to different things is just a tad bit too extreme at the moment, makes me think of him as way more disturbed and broken than what I think your trying to show (unless he /is/ in fact a /lot/ more psychotic, in which case that probably wasn't shown as clearly in the first half of the fic) hmm, thinking it over, I guess the part of his personality I have the most problem with is his seeming apathy with everything that seems to be his default Hogwarts emotion. Whereas before it was more like a genuine child trying to act older and more in control (and adorably failing XD) now Harry looks like an old soul that just so happens to inhabit a youthful body. The childish, or youthful, spurts are just that, spurts, they seem like totally disparate parts of his personality and not part of this apathetic Harry. Rather than a partially apathetic Harry with childish/maternal spurt of emotion, its a totally apathetic Harry that at times switches to being childish/maternal/damnscary. Well, hopefully I haven't read the whole scenario wrong but really really liked the early depictions of Harry and hope theres a resurface of that kind of character again ) love the fic ya, update soon~
shinji the good sharer chapter 9 . 5/8/2011
Nicely done. I look forward to reading more in this story. Harry and Fleur pairings are my favorite and there are too few good ones. Keep up the great work!
bookivore chapter 9 . 5/7/2011
Your challenge question is quite amusing, because I immediately thought of the counter example, but that example is NOT what the Drarry writers (usually) write.

The good ol' boys would not ask a mulatto on a date or marry her, but set her up in a little love nest if they had the money? Especially if they were likely to marry a frigid b* like mum?

It has struck me quite often as a possible situation between Lucius and Snape, especially since Snape was so poor. All you have to throw in is Lucius having rather strange taste.
DobbyElfLord chapter 9 . 5/5/2011
I was late to work today because I refused to leave until I finished this story to date. Very interesting. I can't wait to see how it develops.

Good luck with the Marine training.

Rick - DobbyElfLord
w.j. dutton chapter 9 . 5/2/2011
is good
Ungodlyone chapter 9 . 4/28/2011
Cool Story.
Remi chapter 9 . 4/23/2011
Oh how I enjoy your little rants about how messed up you think

some pairings are. I do agree with you however. The harem pairings here seem plain stupid and the concept of some pairings is just illogical and rather daft. I cringe at the sight of them.

This story is... ah ... very /amusing/.

I like the poker part though.
853 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »