Reviews for Harry Potter and the Soul of a Chimera
Nilpfert chapter 9 . 7/11/2011
Please update soon! This is an awesome story!
sugarbabies chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
This first chapter was great! I never read a story about blending two or more think about all the knowledge both could bring into Harry magic. I just hope that the little bit of Tom's soul to be good,if not let them be the biggest bad ass around,including all the light side. or maybe not. please don't have like ron or ginny can't stand them they are worst then the ferret. Thanks
Screwi321 chapter 9 . 7/2/2011
I love this story it has to be one of the better stories that involves Harry Potter absorbing someone elses memory. Its great how you were able to merge all three personalities together and make it work but also having the reader be able to distingush where that trait is coming from. Keep up the good work and update soon please!
Detlef chapter 9 . 6/24/2011
Wow i have read a lot of stories in the potter universe . there are some with puffs background , but a soul merging and Puffs very good idea and well written, ab bit to much Tom (an eigth of a soul, merely an anchor) but very well to read

keep on writing

Detlef
Lord Patience chapter 9 . 6/23/2011
If at first you don't succeed, suicide is always an option.
Goldencoyote chapter 9 . 6/22/2011
I Like this, keep going
spedclass chapter 9 . 6/20/2011
Awesome chapter keep up the good work and update soon!
Ex10 chapter 9 . 6/14/2011
awesome story
quick answer chapter 9 . 6/12/2011
I'll come back at a later date for a proper review, but I just HAD to respond to your end of chapter question...

If by some strange occurance a KKK member and Neo-Nazi happened to breed producting a male child, I would hope that child services would have picked the boy up at birth for his own protection, and he would have NO problem dating a mulatto.

Yes, that answer is based on the fact you only mentioned the genetics of the child, not who actually raised him or exactly WHICH ideals he agrees with (don't eat the big white mint, for instance). Much like your Harry, I often feel the need to be a smart ass (and when I was in school, all my teachers lamented when I reminded them that's better than being a dumb ass).

I think I get your point though and agree, which is why I disagree even more firmly with Draco/Hermione (Draco/Ginny can actually work, depending on how twisted the diary made her). Don't know if you do anything in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer fandom, but it's even worse there, trying to put Xander with Spike or Angel. Leaving aside Xander is most definitely not gay, the the fact is he feels Vamps are the most putrid things in existance, and he would happily copulate with a "living" demon rather than a corpse (he leaves that to Buffy).

Okay, my "short" answer got away from me. I do promise to come back with an actual review of the chapter later. (Actually I want to read the story beginning to "end" to make sure I recall how things fit. General impressions were that last chapter was a let down for some reason I don't recall and this one feels more solid... and I was thrilled to see you actually start to develop potential male friends for Harry (need to flesh out distinct personalities for each of his room mates, but the choice of Blase is, in my opinion, absolutely inspired. Harry needs an intelligent male he can snark with and generally enjoy looking down on the idiots. Blaise, as the only intelligent Slytherin, would fit that role nicely - though down the road he may need to warn Harry off any ideas of "Mrs. Robinson" as far as his mum is concerned. Them Black Widows is scary).

Thanks for writing and for posting.
Oaks423 chapter 9 . 6/10/2011
I'm really enjoying the story! This is honestly the first story I've read where Harry is a Huffelpuff!

Please keep up the great writing!

~Oaks
spidermonkey92k chapter 6 . 6/2/2011
this is realy good
Matt chapter 9 . 5/31/2011
Yo I love this story please update soon. I love how you made Harry so completely different combining three beings into one but you kept it realistic. Please Update Soon I want to read more.
Jaraiya's apprentice chapter 9 . 5/30/2011
Very, Very nice story!
AiSard chapter 9 . 5/14/2011
lol, that last bit there I thought Harry was just a bit shocked after the adrenaline rush and didn't notice the injury. and then I had the epiphany moment "ooooh, the hairrrr" lol. Love the fic, love this Harry. Truly do like the feminine additions to Harry, more often than not i see authors make Harry all out flamboyant and put him into a chinese dress for kicks. randomly. I like how it pans out in this fic, with a resolutely male character with very slight female tendencies (just the hair and the maternal nature?) Also, really like how you added the French ghost as the third part of the new soul, though hoping that in the future she'll play a larger part (well.. a larger obvious part anyways) it'd be a shame if such a character-forming character just dissapears into the mists of supporting characters. dead supporting character in a sense. A bit ambivalent on Harry's character in Hogwarts so far though, really really liked his personality when he's with his family, but at hogwarts he seems way too apathetic and slightly psychotic so far. I'm getting hints that as he gets closer to the kids his age that'll probably change (slightly?) but even then its a bit of shocker after the adorable character you introduced pre-Hogwarts. Harry now seems like a mesh of characters; the psychotic adrenaline junkie we just saw, the maternal cooing Harry, and apathetic plus disturbing Harry that seems to be his default in Hogwarts barring interesting happenings. Just felt like those characters are portrayed a bit too.. well, they read like almost completely different characters at the moment to be honest. I just think if you wrote him so that these character tendencies seem more part of a whole rather than distinct fragments it would be just that much better. The difference in how he reacts to different things is just a tad bit too extreme at the moment, makes me think of him as way more disturbed and broken than what I think your trying to show (unless he /is/ in fact a /lot/ more psychotic, in which case that probably wasn't shown as clearly in the first half of the fic) hmm, thinking it over, I guess the part of his personality I have the most problem with is his seeming apathy with everything that seems to be his default Hogwarts emotion. Whereas before it was more like a genuine child trying to act older and more in control (and adorably failing XD) now Harry looks like an old soul that just so happens to inhabit a youthful body. The childish, or youthful, spurts are just that, spurts, they seem like totally disparate parts of his personality and not part of this apathetic Harry. Rather than a partially apathetic Harry with childish/maternal spurt of emotion, its a totally apathetic Harry that at times switches to being childish/maternal/damnscary. Well, hopefully I haven't read the whole scenario wrong but really really liked the early depictions of Harry and hope theres a resurface of that kind of character again ) love the fic ya, update soon~
859 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »