Reviews for Harry Potter and the Soul of a Chimera
Lord Mortensen chapter 9 . 8/10/2013
Awesome! please update soon!
ShutInBookWorm chapter 9 . 8/6/2013
I really like this story it is supremely interesting and brilliant and I dearly hope for more preferably sometime soon.
Pradian chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
Interesting take on the story. Would love if you continue.
LoriStori chapter 9 . 7/21/2013
Dammit, now I have to wait for a new chapter. By the way, I love how you made Harry a L'Oreal Badass, so to speak (the fact that his hair getting messed up is capable of pissing him off more than the fact that he just got into a fight with a troll in a school for children causes me to have a laughing fit beyond what is normal).

Fabulous writing, by the way, and I hope you ignore the pompousness inherent when I tell that me saying such a thing is really quite rare, because I have very exacting standards when it comes to English (seventeen I may be, idiotic and immature I am not! XD). So I suppose a congratulations is in order - well done on making the grammar cut created by a slightly OCD English major-in-the-making! Cheers! :D

Just for the record, by the way, the only thing that I have a couple of issues with is that earlier in the story, you made a reference about how the longer Harry spends with the three souls he has, the more used to it he gets, and the more he stops feeling like Tom or Geneva or the Ghost of Harry's Past, and more just like the Harry he is when he is all three of them at once. This part confuses me, mainly because it gave me the impression that all three souls were merging more significantly, and soon I would be unable to distinguish them as separate entities, and would come to just see them as a uniformed whole. However, based upon the latest chapter, Harry's clearly still capable of telling the difference between thoughts based upon Tom's experience and thoughts based upon Geneva's experience (Ghost of Harry's Past doesn't really have 'experience' so much as 'unidentified Stockholm's syndrome and an overabundance of world-weary and jaded cynicism in pretty much equal amounts' - lack of innocence, as it were).

I suppose where I was going with that is that I was under the impression that the longer Harry's Chimaera Soul existed, the less he (and I, myself) would be able to notice the differences between his three souls. Will Harry always be having thoughts originating for his other selves, or will that fade into nothingness later on?

Other than that, I really don't have much to say, except that this is an excellent story concept, and I hope you don't mind me making myself your unofficial beta-reader-via-review - so to speak.

Also, pardon me for the bad names in this review, but most of them are strangely appropriate, at least from my point of view. Feel free to make fun of me about it. ;)

Now then, excuse me while I partake in some delicious updates from some of my other followed and favorited stories.

Ciao!
Treant Balewood chapter 9 . 7/19/2013
Loving this fic hope you make your way back here sooner rather than later either way I'll keep an eye out for the next chapter.
Treant Balewood chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
I am Interested!
TheBlackCatSwordsman chapter 9 . 7/15/2013
I hope that you haven't abandoned this story I am quite enjoying it and look forward to reading more of what happens to Harry. I wonder though how much more the memories from Tom and Geneva will affect him and his career in Hogwarts. I also look forward to seeing Harry and Fleur's next meeting, it should prove quite interesting.
discb chapter 9 . 7/7/2013
lmao I don't get why people but Draco and Harry together.
Endgames chapter 9 . 6/25/2013
Hehe, hairy Harry and his hair habits. This has been a fun story so far, and I do hope you continue it at some point.

Last chapter, you mentioned grammar problems in your writing. I don't know if you've gone back and edited your chapters since posting that, but I really haven't seen too many issues. There's been a few "wrong-word" slips (things like there/their), but certainly nothing that would make this unreadable.

Also, I like how you try to bring out all three sides of Harry's personality as much as possible. I don't look forward to it, but it would be nice to see a little more of Tom though. I realize why you've avoided his pureblood beliefs ("looking at it with a child's logic"), but maybe something when Harry gets into real fights. I think he'd end up being a bit sadistic to his opponents.

Thanks for writing!
ExtremelyAddictedReader chapter 9 . 6/16/2013
Love it hope you update soon
Imaginary world 3101 chapter 9 . 6/2/2013
This story is very good. I liked the Harry/Fleur interaction very much. It would be more fun if Harry would've had chosen France over England for studying magic. Anyway Hogwarts part is entertaining too.

Looking for more updates. Please continue the story if possible.
HoosierCullen chapter 9 . 5/17/2013
I like your fic and this was very interesting. I like the idea of Puff Harry but would have liked to seen Hermione in the same house with him, more worried about having happen to her that did Luna but when she gets there next year may be better for her there. I would have really liked to have seen him go to Beauxbatons, him pissing Fleur off would have made the story funny. Especially after their first meeting in France. I hope you have some more interactions planned like that in the future. The characters are great especially your OCs. I like the idea of Harry having a family that he grew up with learning to love and control his magic and with the combination of the three souls make a very interesting Harry to read. I am hoping you plan on more soon so I will look out for it in the future. Oh and I agree with your A/N and that goes for pairing Draco with Hermione, I mean he hated her for who she was and people think she would date him or do anything with him after his attitude give me a break.
Pyro-Neko-Isis chapter 9 . 5/14/2013
I like this story! Will you update this again? I hope so
DarkStrider chapter 9 . 5/13/2013
Great story, a real shame that it's been so long since an update! I hope you consider returning to writing soon. Great work!
taxzombie chapter 9 . 5/11/2013
Concerning boot camp, back in 73 when I went to the Navy boot camp down in San Diego the Marine boot camp was on the other side of a chain link fence. During the first two weeks of b.c. we would sometimes see the Marine boots running around a track with an ambulance following a ways back. They ran till someone dropped. A word to the wise. DON'T tick off your company commander. They came up with some nice crap stunts for us Squids too. 'Marching to Georgia' was a 'fun' one. One boot on both ends of a bunk, lift it to shoulder height and run in place, FUN! Greatly improves ones attention span.

As for your tale, twisted grammar and all, nicely done. It's interesting and has a good flow.
840 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »