Reviews for A New Future 1: Things Change
deanron chapter 13 . 6/29
just because it's not cannon,doesn't mean that it's bad. your story is in fact very good.
Pata Hikari chapter 1 . 3/4
This story has so many fanon problems that the entire tale would need to be majorly re-written to handle characterization properly.

First, the mallet. No. Akane does not have some magical mallet attack and the idea of some kind of "ki hammer" is really silly. The hammer in Ranma 1/2 is a comedic device that a very large portion of the cast uses. Not just Akane.

You then take this and further use the silly idea that "emotion Ki attacks" are the only way to do such things. Which, again, isn't supported by canon and if you actually pay attention it's likely not the case. Herb, after all, was throwing around Ki blasts like it was out of style without any real obvious emotional input.

Sure, the Shi Shi Hokoudan used depression. But heck, it's not even an actual fighting technique. It's a mining trick. Cologne herself points out that Ryoga *adapted* it to combat, rather then it being made for fighting. Also, the idea that using this technique and other "emotional ki blasts" *strengthens* the emotions involved is also fanon that contradicts canon. After all, both Ranma and Ryoga have to, in the Shi Shi Hokoudan arc, *struggle* to maintain the emotional state needed to use the techniques throughout the fight. If they really created a feedback loop then there would be no such issue.

So basically it's like you looked at the absurd fanon of Psycho-Akane, decided that it was somehow canon, and then made an "excuse" for her behavior with even more fanon to allow you to "develop" her away from a character problem that never existed in canon in the first place.

Furthermore, I may not be as familar with Sailor Moon as I am Ranma 1/2, but even I can tell you're using Fanon Sailor Pluto. Tip: She is not in any way this future seeing manipulative schemer. The idea that she actually uses the Time Gates to peek into the future is not canon. In fact, concidering her role as their guardian was to make sure that *nobody* used them dare I say this directly contradicts canon. Which, of course, means that pretty much the entirety of Pluto's role in this story, even more then poor Akane, is unsalvagable basically.
Guest chapter 13 . 7/11/2015
While that was all well and good where are the updates. This story needs to be complete.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/20/2015
Incredibly stupid. Women who are raped don't get turned on because of friction. What an idiot.
deathgeonous chapter 2 . 4/19/2015
You write very good, and also very serious, Ranma fics. It's a nice change of pace for me. Well, thanks for writing this, and bye for now.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/28/2014
Hammer? really? you mean that thing Ranma used more than akane?

this shit is tripe.
mika chapter 7 . 8/26/2014
I guess this review is WAY late and not at all helpful, but I'm just saying I like this story.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 13 . 7/28/2014
Great story so far and I lovd it! Ryoga hearing about this and being part of a clan that protected would be pretty cool, even more if he actually planned all his fights to keep Ranma in shape KNOWING who SHE really was-LOL. Priceless reactions.
Rune Tobor chapter 13 . 9/27/2013
Akane is OOC.

But since I despise canon Akane that's ok.

The change seems a bit sudden but that can be overlooked.

Thanks for writing.
Rune Tobor chapter 2 . 9/27/2013
Have you read "Reflections of Ruin" by P.H. Wise? It is here on FFN.
Rune Tobor chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
I have read some of your other fics first. If I had not I likely would not have given this the chance I have. As far as I can tell this is very in character for the old pervert. Ultimate Weakness Moxibustion that's in canon would let the rape happen too.

Rumiko Takahashi wrote herself into a tiny corner with Ranma. A Tiny Corner with very Thick, Strong, Walls. A "Bomb" of sorts was needed to move things along. Saffron was a bomb, Ranma did say he loved Akane. The ruined wedding was a counter to that though and undid most of the good done by the Saffron bomb.

Stupid foolish R.T. She is just as bad as JKR was with Harry.

This rape scene was a bomb as was the old pervs death.
And its only that he died that lets you get away with it at all.

Most other writer back up a bit and have Ranma need more power to kill Saffron.
Thats when Ranma gets more of a new kind of power and sometimes gets locked.
Rune Tobor chapter 7 . 9/26/2013
So this does have Ranma/Akane.
Please put that in so the filter will show it.
Now I don't like Akane, and mostly I don't read R/A fics.
But sometimes Akane has been redeemed/changed/made OOC and it works.
Sometimes...
Celestia's Paladin chapter 13 . 8/18/2013
So let me see... Kasumi, Nabiki, and apparently Nodoka are on Ranma's side, Akane is still in lover with him/her... and our tech level is equivalent to that of the 1950s?
OddWallow chapter 9 . 3/18/2013
(Dang smart phones)

In comparison to some of the stories uve read so far from you, this doest seem as dark.

I cant remeber what else i wanted to say.

Think i may have to read sailor moon now ;)
OddWallow chapter 8 . 3/18/2013
When a story is finished and moved on to the next arc, i usually dont post my review till i get to the end, but this one is a lot if fun. Sad at parts, most definitely, but in comparison to some