Reviews for This Is Why We Fight
Munku-JGSPTV chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
I really like how you took some small moments and made a fic out of them ( and I think you didn't need the long AN at the end cause the fic was self-explanatory but anyway). I enjoyed reading this!
ValykirieRevolution chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
I really liked that, and like you, I hope they do get to fight side by side, but I alos think the reveal won't happen for a while more sadly.
Word-Stringer chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
I know exactly what you mean! It's been... what? Four years? of erlin saving Arthur with his magic, and he STILL doesn't know! I mean, it might spoil the plot a bit, but there's still the threat of Uther... I'm about to kill myself hear!

Lovely insight though :3
Jen89 chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
This was very well written, I really liked it. I loved this episode but every time that bit comes on I find myself thinking something along the lines of "Arthur, HOW did you not hear that?"

I still love it though and I just sort of accepted that he was... somewhat distracted.

I like the way you described Merlin's disappointment at the end of the story that his secret has to stay secret for now.

I can't wait for the time when they can fight together, when Arthur doesn't see Merlin as someone he has to protect in battle but as someone that can more than look after himself.

Anyway, I loved this story. It described Merlin's feelings really well and I thought the characterisation of him in this was good.
SecondStar2theRight chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
OK so it's been a while since you posted this story - but I just saw the episode this weekend (we're only on series 2 in Canada) and I have to say I had they exact same thoughts watching it - but I like the way you wrote it much more than my thoughts of - "Go Merlin! wait - no seriously, is Arthur deaf?". Nice work!
Annon I guess chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Sorry, late comment is late...

I personally think that Arthur knows that Merlin has magic, but he chooses to keep his knowledge hidden so he doesn't have to betray his father.
noamg chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Totally believable, and beautifuly written.
HermitKnut chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Twas good, this. And reading your notes, I immediately went on youtube to check out that moment. Took me a while to find the right video (having only seen all of Merlin once through) but I found it. I can see your point about Merlin being right behind Arthur, but I think that Arthur pays less attention to Merlin than that. Merlin says something - we know it's magical, but Arthur's confronted by a ton of knights that don't die when you stab them, he probably assumed that Merlin said something random and irrelevant, and just ignored him.

Not that I'm trying to undermine your fic or anything - I actually really love it, it was a wonderful way of looking at Merlin's feelings. I can't wait until (hopefully) they let Merlin fight with his magic with Arthur... *dreams* :)
SnowyPrecipice chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Haha, sweetie, he was busy fighting the crazy darth vader lookalike soldiers. ;) And Merlin was probably whispering but they showed him up close. The show doesn't hope to insult our intelligence too much.

Anyway, I loved this part too! I totally agree with your sentiments. (: Great fic.
Momerath chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
I thought this was just a horrible piece of blocking when I saw the episode, but you have made it into a really interesting story. It really rang true with the characters. Nice work!
CrayonsPink chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Great job! It was written pretty well.
Bundibird chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Totally fantastic fic! i LOVE it! I so agree - when Merlin refused to run and he went and defended arthur's back i was so excited. Its just so RIGHT for them to fight back to back like that.

i loved this episode (quite possibly the best of the entire show, season one AND two) because of the comraderie that Arthur and Merlin had all the way through it. And this was a fantastic tag to such a brilliant episode.

I'm DYING for the next episode! it looks totally awesome! I'm fizzing with excitement just thinking about it. I hope arthur finds out. I reckon its time. He's been turning a blind eye (or deaf EAR, as the case may occasionally be), and i reckon it would be a great end to the season.

Brilliant fic - i loved it. :)

xoxo chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
love the story..and i totally agree with you. Arthur knows; he has too oblivious by now; there's been one too many close calls...
Witty-Kate chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
aww nice little fic! and i agree with the whole tempory deafness thing, there is no way in hell that arthur did not hear merlin, it snot like he whispered it either!
MerlinStar chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
wow, very well written!

I really like that scene, and you've got a point - how come Arthur didn't hear Merlin? Or maybe he did! We'll have to wait and see!

Great fic! :D