Reviews for Go Sadness
Simply Sarah chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Oh my word.

My night took a terrible turn when I was somehow trapped into watching UFC fights, but this turned my night right back around and made it completely wonderful.

First, I have to say that I am a big Shout Out Louds fan so I love the title reference to them.

Second, I really wanted Rachel and Quinn to become roommates at some point too so I'm glad you tackled the idea. Plus, the happenings of "Sectionals" set it up perfectly for her to live with someone else (though I think Kurt is a possibility too- or at least I can work that out in my head as well).

Third, I like how quickly you have her committing to the idea that she's hurt too many people and she's not adding her daughter to that list so she's going to have to start doing things differently. Because when she made that decision with Puck and said those things she did to him and to Rachel, it felt as though she had made it long ago. Like once everything fell apart, she was resolved to things going like this as impossible as it seems.

Fourth, I love your Rachel and how wonderfully loving her dad's are. I think it's extremely believable that Rachel comes from the environment you've created and the things that Quinn could find to cling to within it that aren't like she assumed, are far from what she had, but are better than she could hope for.

Fifth, I love the tiny dashes of Quick and I adore Amy. I can't wait to see what happens there.

Sixth, I love the slow, tentative pace of Quinn's growth as a person and acceptance of what her life is.

Seventh, I love that within the growth and acceptance, the constant reoccurrence of the lovely image of her hand protectively/instinctively/lovingly on her stomach/daughter- which seemed to be happening more and more in the show as well. And I love that that doesn't mean she's keeping her. That you didn't interpret her "doing it alone" moment as keeping her because that'd be a quick change of heart and she seems too rational to decide that at the moment.

Finally, this was simply beautifully written. I almost cried so many times. And take almost as a very high compliment because I am so so not a crier at all. I have a feeling that by the end of this, knowing how wonderfully you always write, I may be eating those words though.

I am very eager to read what happens next.

Have a marvelous Monday!

Sincerely,

Sarah
Cat chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
This story made me so happy :) there are so few non-romantic Rachel Quinn stories and fewer than that with good and interesting writing. This is exactly the story I have been searching for since I got hooked on glee fanfiction (:
mondlering moofoot chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Aww, this was lovely. I love how you wrote Quinn in this - the repeating refrain of "she's hurt too many", the way she pushes herself away with more than one reason, and the way she keeps finding herself with the Berrys, smiling a little bit more. It's very warm, even if it's sad, and I really, really like that you've done that. It's easier to sympathise with her when she realises the wrongs she's done and tries her hardest to move on with that, and you did that really well (especially considering I often get annoyed with her decisions on the show).

I love Rachel, too, and the Berrys; you've done a wonderful job with that! And I'm looking forward to seeing this move forward. It is really, *really* nice to see Rachel taking Quinn under her wing without the slashy aspect, because I'd rather watch them be friends than have that become romantic (almost as if they wouldn't do it at all if there wasn't room for romance there) - that may be my favourite thing about this story, your characteriation aside.

And it's great to see you like Finn/Rachel, too; it'd be neat to see that developing in the sidelines, from Quinn's point of view.

I really love this as a whole. Can't wait for more!
Crimson-Kiss17 chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Beautifully done.
thankgravity chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
That was really good. I really enjoyed reading it. So thanks:)
AHigherOctave chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
So this made me cry, several times, in such good ways. Can I just tell you how much I love your renditions of the parents? This is exactly what I want to happen, I already wanted Quinn to live with Rachel, but I want it to happen this way. If it doesn't, I'll be severely disappointed.

Mrs. Puckerman...I was waiting for Puck to show up at the party and I should have been mad that he didn't, but I'm not because we got to see his mom. And she just makes me want to hug her.

And Quinn climbing into Rachel's bed...perfect. Just...

I'm going to stop stammering about how amazing this was now, because I'll have reitterated the entire story before you know it, but it was.
CAS chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
This is beautiful and I can't wait to read the other 2 parts! I really loved the part where Puck's mom was talking to her and Rachel and her dad's such a cute family!
shinetherapy chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
oh. i love it. puck's mother is perfect. and rachel/quinn being BFFs! squee! some Quick action soon pretty please?
38 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3