Reviews for Ophelia Drowning
allisvanity chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
Wow. You're right, this is pretty weird, but it's really well done.
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
good story, poor neal!
OhWillothewisp chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
I love this story so much. The emotion portrayed is heartbreaking and beautiful. Your descriptions are perfectly written! :)
Post U Later chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Oh Wow! Poor Neal! Being Treated That Way. Then He Expects It From Peter Too. But Peter Wouln Never Do Something Like That. Never!
jessytemple chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
awww. i'm so addicted to pre-series fanfics.. xD really touching one!
Kyd Chyme chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
i've always loved this story... i wish you'd do more pre series WC...?
C8H7N3O2 chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
Amazingly beautiful.
Stealth Dragon chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
I'm not a slash or sensuality fan (I'll admit it, I kind of, sort of glossed over the touchy/feely/kissy parts) but looking at this story from a completely gen perspective it's both fascinating and heart breaking. It's not a far stretch to think that there could have been moments in Neal's life where he had to do something similar. And based on Neal's reaction to Peter, it's not only something he's not proud of but maybe even despises. He does it because he feels he has to, not because he wants to. I can also see it that because Peter doesn't take Neal's offer plus promises Neal that he won't hurt him as what seals Neal's trust in Peter.

That's my interpretation, anyway. It would be interesting to see a sequel in which, for some reason, Peter brings the matter up again, reminding Neal of his promise.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Really liked this. I love that you have the art heist Neal 'allegedly' pulled as the case.
KB49 chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Wow. Just wow. What's especially awesome about this is that while revealing a whole new side to Peter and Neal's realtionship, it could still fit with the canon relationship. And it doesn't require either character to be gay (which would put several canon relationships into question), because the sexuality being offered- and rejected- is ambiguous in origin. It is entirely plausible for someone as "pretty" as Neal to have learned to trade on his body as a commodity to obtain safety in an unsafe world.

Nice con, too.
Traveler of Worlds chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
This was gorgeous. The detail with the wine glass shattering was particularly powerful, and the whole piece was hauntingly atmospheric. I like that you leaned towards platonic at the end, with Peter thinking of Elizabeth, but also the beautiful description of Neal kissing him.

"Neal's lips were soft and dry and Peter could taste the rich red wine on them. Neal moved against him, tongue darting out and tracing the line between Peter's lips. He smelt like cologne and oil paints and soap, and Peter disappeared into the gentle rhythm of the kiss. Neal kissed like perfection, like old-fashioned romances and expensive taste and risking everything and winning it all."

It's exquisite.
gracie89 chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Great story. So subtle and well written. Awesome job x
Ultracape chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
I enjoyed reading this.
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
I'm not a fan of SLASH stories rest of the story was good though.

JeanneZ84
StraddlingTheAtmosphere chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Oh my, God. Please continue this. This was beyond words. Incredible.

I'm putting it on story alert in hopes that you continue it...-hint, hint-