Reviews for Man of Mist
Elchikaah Haly chapter 20 . 7/22/2014
Well, I'm definitely, extremely glad I went to check on older fan fics to read as this is one of the best fics I've read. I can understand why people can think about the OCC-ness of the characters, but you've used a really good chunk of their in-character traits to make up for the OCC thing. My only concern about that would be Klavier's reaction at Kristoph's conviction but I can accept that since he's not the main center of the story.

This is indeed a very interesting take of the past and present of Apollo (though Dual Destinies kinda ruins it nowadays, I find your version much more intriguing). I wouldn't be able to perceive how the heck Kristoph could adopt him, much less someone who's like 10 years different in age, but the details and ideas behind your fic perfectly explain thing wonderfully. Your take for the in-game contents parts in your fic is also pretty unique with your subtile changes to fit with your story setting, making those parts more fun to read instead of just re-reading the whole in-game case.

The story overall was pretty well written (though I could find some mistakes, but I guess I should not say that that much as English is not my native language and I do them often lol) and intriguing enough to keep me hooked for hours and almost get no sleep because it was too interesting. Also, you seem to have a talent to play a lot with the emotions of both the characters AND the readers. There were few parts where I could feel some chills on my skin or rapid heartbeats by just feeling the pressure of the characters.

I know this is an old fic, but don't worry about writing long fics. Your writing is good for the readers' eyes even with long texts, and beside, this is your own fic. :p
andysanime chapter 20 . 3/13/2013
Really good job, I loved it! The time I just finished reading this is... 3:11 AM and I have to be into work tomorrow... or rather today... what did you do to me? XD Ah well, at least I don't have to be in until 3:00 pm P
Kaarina Helvete chapter 20 . 6/21/2012
Finally finished this baby after taking a break because of school. Geez, it took me long enough.

Interesting, reading the sequel and THEN this. The irony was STIFLING :D

But anyway, I love Kazaf as always. And Nail. I missed him. And pissed-off Klavier was amazing. I also loved how you added dialogue to the trial, and changed it up to fit your Apollo's personality. It felt a lot more realistic than the actual game.

Finally, I love how Apollo's disposition changes so drastically between this ending, and the sequel. If I hadn't played the game, I would have been like "DUDE WHAT HAPPENED. WHAT."

I think that's it. Yeah. Still wanna draw Nail. *goes back and reads the sequel to find a cool scene or something* I love your stuff, yo.
rosebudmelissa chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
I just love reading fans interpretation of a character's past, and it's a shame to see such an interesting looking story held back by grammatical errors, so I've started editing this. If you'd like a copy, just let me know if there's an email address I can send it to. As you can see from my profile, I don't write much (not even enough to be an official beta reader), but I do LOTS of reading. If you want a copy, you can feel free to post it or whatever, if not I'll just keep it as my own personal copy. I promise not to post the story anywhere myself.

I've never really thought about Apollo's backstory much, but it totally makes sense that he would have been in an orphanage. I'm not even finished with this chapter and I already feel for him. I can't wait to see where you've taken this.
Shaed Knightwing chapter 20 . 1/28/2012
This story is amazing. I've been hooked on it for the past couple of days and I'm not exaggerating when I say that it's the best that I've read. :D

I was a little thrown at first with your odd grammar (with most fanfics I'd have stopped reading right there) but this one really drew me in!

Oh, and the whole OOC Apollo thing? It made a lot of sense. I mean, Capcom's Apollo is a lot of fun to muck about with, but your Apollo was so much more... intense. And we all do love our screwed up characters don't we? XP

But yeah, as a last note, I loved the bittersweet ending, it really finished it off nicely. :D
Puss In Heels chapter 20 . 9/20/2010
I've been planning on reading your story for a very long time, and it took me being sick in bed on a weekend to make it happen. Be prepared for a long review, dear, because I've got a lot to say...I mean...you've got 20 LONG chapters of material...

First things first - I loved it. I love Kristoph/Apollo interactions, and this one reminds me of my own take, which I finally finished. But yours is distinctly different in a good way. Yours is much darker, and I like how you made Kristoph rub off on Apollo's personality, transforming into a cynic. You also made Kristoph a "father", which I avoided, but in doing so, you created a distinctly different dynamic between the two. The whole scene with the atroquinine...I just about DIED.

I also liked how you went off book with the game script. Yes, it's reasonable to assume that, due to Apollo's circumstances in this story, that he would act differently in the Wright trial. I mean, I

Also, Kazaf is the perfect example of an OC that doesn't suck. I could put him in my pocket and carry him around with me as my personal, manipulative chief with a chip on his shoulder.

If I had to criticize anything it would be Klavier's characterization towards the end, but even so, it's a perfectly reasonable idea that his gut-wrench reaction would be to punish Apollo. So, while I didn't agree with it, it was still cool nonetheless.

And you HAD to have them call a truce in the end...so...I dunno, poetic? Kristoph-like? Still, I enjoyed it. And the fact you finished 20 long chapters in 3 months puts my horrible updating skills to shame...ah...I like giving readers suspense...or I get lazy.

Anyways, thanks for giving me something to do this weekend. I appreciate being entertained.

~Kat~
MattsyKun chapter 4 . 6/13/2010
I was thinking ''pacman drove kristoph gavin to be a murderer'' or ''kristoph needs to go to rehab for his pac man addiction'' and god knows the man doesn't need GTA. That's a scary image xX
Cravat of Doom chapter 7 . 2/15/2010
I think I want to marry this story... I really should review more often! XD

(About the title)

Nah, it's alright, I shouldn't be whiny. I'll still read your stories. :P
oMANOo chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Wow, it was a nice story, definitely a NICCEE one..

I loved the way that Kristoph cared about Apollo even if it was almost in an unconcius way. But you practically killed me when poor Apollo heard the conversation in the appeals part !

how cruel are you hah hah

congratulations! now

another non-stop reading to your other story!

this is getting good hah hah
Anon chapter 19 . 2/6/2010

EPIC.

Just totally downright EPIC.

Best ending ever.

I don't really know what to type for this review, because all I can say is that I'm extremely impressed, and TOTALLY in love with this fic.

Now, give yourself a pat on the back and tell yourself that you've did an amazing, AWESOME job by writing out a beautiful piece of work that managed to touch the heart of someone out there who has read way too many fics and thus is able to clearly distinguish the good works from the bad works, and more importantly, the BEST works out there.

I don't know how much time, effort and dedication you've put into this fic, but I must sincerely THANK YOU for writing this.

This will always remain a FAVOURITE in my heart. To be honest, this is the BEST fic I've read in the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney section of FF, and one of the rare few that are the BESTs out there.

You've never disappointed me once throughout the entire fic. Not a vesicle of boredom. A perfect mix of humor, love, joy, sorrow, angst and suspense. Some fiction are just way too long and draggy for their own good, ruining the amazing storyline there. But yours, is what I can call Perfect. A little typos here and there maybe, but hey, everything else is BRILLIANT.

If I ever create an account here, this will go straight to my favs. If anyone ever asks me for a good fic to read. Yours will always be in my mind. That is just how good your fic is to me. And you, are an AWESOME author.

Good job.

No wait, screw that, it is WAY BETTER than just a good job.

As for the closing of the story, I find myself quite surprised to say that I don't actually feel sad that the fic has ended. Instead, I feel a wonderful sensation, a welling emotion that understands a perfect ending when it sees one. It doesn't feel incomplete, that causes the reader to yearn for more. This is an ending well done, and I embrace it fully without regret.

I can go on ranting about this fic, like, forever~

But let's give the amazing author a break for his eyes hmm?

Chunky texts tend to induce headaches~

Once again, you did a more than perfect job, and though I'm just another Anon out there, I will always be a BIG fan of Man of Mist.

Cheers, Bravo, Kudos, and THANK YOU

Lots of love from

the same Anon who always reviews every chapter faithfully~

Huzzah! :D
Anon chapter 18 . 2/6/2010
Oh gawd. I can NEVER get enough of your chapters, so stop criticizing your 'long' chapters like its a bad thing :D

And even though you claim that there seem to be OOC-ness, I beg to differ. Maybe Apollo's cry for the death penalty was a little too harsh, but considering how sucky he must be feeling then, it is understandable.

Overall, there doesn't seem to be any flaw in your story that would change my opinion of it being one of the best fics I've ever read.

Once again, EXCELLENT JOB.

It was AWESOME!
Anon chapter 17 . 2/6/2010
*heart breaks and dies*

OMG this was one of the most painful chapters ever! But bravo to you. I truly commend you on how well-written Apollo's character has been throughout the entire fic. I really hate it when authors portray Apollo as a guy who sees Justice as the sole righteous path to take, and ABANDONS, FRIGGIN ABANDONS Kristoph as if he had done NOTHING for Apollo at all! That is why I LOVE your fic. Even though Apollo knows the path that he has to take, he feels GUILT and even has thoughts on opposing the law for his mentors/father's sake.

It is these little tidbits of love you fill your fic with that makes me LOVE it so badly.

AWESOME.
BloodDawn chapter 17 . 1/23/2010
WAH! Kristoph! Apollo! i love this chapter and i want to cry so bad...like im in mourning now. plz update quickly!
Kitty Neko chapter 17 . 1/22/2010
Whew! The tension between Apollo and Kristoph had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! Phoenix is such a bastard but he's so believable. And poor Apollo! First his mom abandons him and now his father basically disowns him. He has such troubles with parental figures. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Anon chapter 16 . 1/21/2010
Noo~ Right D:

Things look so terrible at this point that I'm gonna die from sheer anticipation. Not that the fic is bad, its friggin awesome. Holy shitz, can't wait to see the outcome of it. Still, poor Apollo, poor Kristoph :( Great job once again!
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »