Reviews for Old Faces, New Hopes

more Martha/10
Son of Whitebeard chapter 6 . 3/15/2010
good job on combining Reset the Torchwood with mainstream Doctor Who
PhoenixWytch chapter 6 . 3/15/2010
Yes! The Doctor working with Torchwood. I would smack Owen for his thoughts at the end, but that is just so Owen. I figure that the Doctor is going to be even more protective of Martha now.

Thank you for writing. I look forward to seeing what happens next. Hope Leela's fate is better then the people infected with the mayflies.
rianess chapter 6 . 3/15/2010
Brilliant work so far. The narrative is well balanced, with a great mix of the old and new. I think you made the right decision on how to handle the inclusion of the episodes. The story is great fun to read, yet thought provoking at the same time.
Julian Carax chapter 5 . 3/12/2010
By God, not only is he domesticated, The Doctor is playing nice with Torchwood!

I look forward to meeting The Doctor's students and seeing him interact with Martha's friends - just imagine him spouting out bits of medical knowledge, over hearing and answering complex questions with disturbing ease and clarity xD - it'll be awesome.

Seeing him help set up Leela - whom he'd no doubt see as a daughter of sorts - could be fun too. Especially since she's an 'adult' now even if she's still just a child compared to him. Oh God, Martha is the 'younger woman'! You know, where the daughter is older than the stepmom... although, growing up with Timelord's probably means she can disregard age somewhat.

xD This'll be fun.

PhoenixWytch chapter 5 . 3/2/2010
Yes, the Doctor is good at pretending. Glad Tosh asked Owen out. Hope everything goes good with Martha and the Pharm.

Thank you for writing. I look forward to reading what happens next.
adlerj chapter 5 . 3/1/2010
Good chapter.

I liked the talk about Sam Jones. Nice touch :)

I also liked the end with Owen and Tosh. They are a good couple!

LunaSolTierra chapter 4 . 2/15/2010
Love your version of Reset. Is Martha going to go undercover in this version as well?
adlerj chapter 4 . 2/14/2010
Good chapter.

I hope that Leela will be alright.

Are you going to be following only the three episodes where Martha guest starred, or only that episode?

LunaSolTierra chapter 3 . 1/28/2010
I'm glad Martha decided to do her own work yet still help the Doctor. I agree with Martha to have that kind of power is very dangerous, but that's one of the reasons the Doctor needs Martha. To stop him from going to far. You got the characters spot on, I like the interaction between them. Will Leela travel with the Doctor and Martha if the Doctor is successful in rejuvenating her?
PhoenixWytch chapter 3 . 1/27/2010
Jack's reaction is great!

I can see why Martha is concerned about the Doctor. I would be too in her position.

Thanks for writing.
OrionTheHunter chapter 3 . 1/26/2010
Great, thanks for the update.
adlerj chapter 3 . 1/26/2010
Good chapter.

I liked how the Doctor explained Jack's history to the team. AFAIK, they have never really heard about his past with the Doctor much.

On a side note, are you planning to follow the Torchwood story and have Owen "die"? Or do you have your own plans?

Keep up the good work, and PLEASE don't keep us waiting so long for the next chapter!
OrionTheHunter chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
Great! Thanks for writing this. I'd kinda dropped out of reading Broken Faith - not sure why - but after seeing this I caught up with what I missed.

Anyway, this whole series is great. I originally LOVED Rose and was mad when she was gone. I really didn't like Donna in Runaway Bride. But then Martha showed me what a real capable companion was, and Donna became one of my favorites. I don't mind that she's not here (yet?) because I think that The Doctor actually finding love is great - and I like Martha too.

And The Doctor teaching? That sounds like about the most fun class ever.

I look forward to seeing where you go with this.
rianess chapter 2 . 1/9/2010
Brilliant start to the sequel, with a great twist too. Love it!
54 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »