Reviews for Mistakes We Knew We Were Making
Amazingrl87 chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
I love this ️.its very interesting and I enjoyed reading this
Guest chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
I wish we could read Mello2s reaction
littleflowerkohona chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
THAT WAS SO SAD TT . TT It was really well written tho.
SPYforYOU chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
I haven't gotten to much into Death Note. I'm not familiar with the characters but... the writing style was amazing. I can tell you write really well ;P
MARVELCOMICS chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
I can't live off of what I imagined happens next! Are you going to make a second chapter? I hope you do...
iphis15 chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
#points accusingly#

You. Made. Me. Cry.

AGAIN.

Damn you...

~Mademise Morte
YurieOfTheLair chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
No! This's so sad ! Great writen but sad .
Queen of Dreaming chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
This is a very, very good piece...

of original fiction.

It is well-written, intelligent, and evocative. It says something important and it is intriguing. But if you ask me, it belongs on FictionPress. Matt's nearly blank character in-canon so he doesn't tie it to Death Note much, Mello barely appears in this, and if I read the end right it directly contradicts canon. So if you're going to write an AU fanfic about a five-line character... you're writing original fiction with recycled names. I say again, it is very good. But it doesn't belong on this site. I'm sorry to say it, and I'm sorry for the experiences that made it a personal piece.
Lucidique chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
And again, you bring me to tears. This is a great way to start my day. Jokes aside though, this piece is amazing. It's well written and powerful and so heart-breakingly sad. And in a way, I can relate to it as well. I've had several friends die of overdoses and got to see my own brother go from normal guy to pill head/heroin addict when I was younger. So I can understand the emotion put behind this. Bravo.
saidtheirnevers chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
I like the way you incorporated the title into every character you mention in this story: Matt, in his drug addiction, the one guy, in selling the laced drug, The Source, in keeping it, and Mello, in coming home late; and it's the combination of these mistakes that lead to the predictable conclusion. Good job on this.
BeyondBirthday'sBestie chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
UGH! I love your writing. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Grr. Jealous. AMAZING! I cannot WAIT.
biancaMinola chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Aww. You are a really creative writer (I've read your other stories) and if you are going to do 12 others that are all unrelated, then I totally give you props. This was a very realistic one-shot for Matt and Mello and even though it takes a crank-load of emotional pain to make me tear up, it made my chest feel as though someone was strangling my inner organs (that make sense?). Either which way, you should keep writing and I can't wait for the rest!
katen1993 chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
guwah! such a sad fic...

poor matt... :(

nice story... but still sad
chaosattractor chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
God that was heartbreaking. I feel like I've been punched in the stomach after reading that. ;_;

First, you have nailed a good writing style. Congratulations; that's rare. Not only are the grammar and punctuation all there, but you have a skilled way with words that makes the story flow naturally. There were actually no instances where phrasing or sentence structure jumped out to me as awkward, and I've hardly ever been able to say that about fan-fiction I've read. (I'm picky. :P) Well done.

The bit where Matt was going unconscious and repeating Mello's name in his mind was absolutely heart-wrenching. I also didn't see the ending coming, and it pretty much broke me. SO SAD. The irony of it really burns - it was probably the last time he would have been able to use, because Mello would've made sure he couldn't, one way or another.

I really liked Matt's moment of junkie logic. "I look like shit from drugs. Solution? Use more!" That gives the reader a nice glimpse into the addict's thought process.

I had two minor critiques. One is that I found it odd for Matt to be using powder-form cocaine. Most broke addicts use the crack variety, which is a lot cheaper. There's also typically a very different perception about those two drugs...cocaine is associated with rich celebrities and classy night clubs, crack is associated with poor, pathetic, hopeless addicts.

The other is that I thought it strange that The Source had the bad stuff in the first place - dealers usually test it before they buy, and if he caught that it was bad, I didn't see why he would end up taking it home with him. I thought it sounded just a little forced to have him tell Matt that there was rat poison in it, and I was surprised he couldn't be bothered to stand up and call after Matt to save one of his best customers. I think you could have just left that bit out and either had Matt realize too late that he was given a bad batch, or simply had him overdose.

But like I said...those critiques are very minor. I just wanted to give some constructive criticism rather than write one of those completely fawning reviews. This was worthy of being favorited; the only reason I didn't is because the subject matter honestly depressed me so much I don't think I could read it a second time.

Again, well done.
Blind Justice chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Matt does seem like the type to do drugs.

It was very nice to read~