Reviews for Love in Dreams
Maleficarum chapter 2 . 3/18/2013
Oh, how awkward would it be if the Warden and Alistair shared sexy fade dreams! I'm liking this idea, the fact that they can communicate in an -ahem- interesting way. Really sparrrrkkss the romance.

Little Chantry boy all grown up.
dorko525 chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Oh, Alistair you're too cute for words. Great re-write of the beginning
icecrystal2k chapter 30 . 8/26/2011
Ah, this was really great! :) I loved the way you wove the characters together, each one speaking in their own voice and true to their characterization. The shared Fade, and the communication between Alistair and Thessaly. Really unique, clever way of developing things between them.

And have I told you I love fics that have big scopes. Because I do. I love when authors dig in and interpret a work beginning to end, it's like playing all over again through new eyes. This was brilliant. Doubly impressive that you wrote all of this to such a schedule. I loved the choice at the end, too. I did read both, because I wasn't ready for the fic to end. They were both beautiful (and damned tense, hah).

Red Headed Warden chapter 8 . 8/19/2011
Alright, last night I began reading this and found today that I couldn't stop telling my friends about it. I had to leave a review.

I haven't read fanfiction in years, but I got bored and found this on recommendation. Let's begin with the Fade-sharing? Really quite an interesting idea. It fits the world and it's believable with the given cannon, and you back it up well. I like that. What I didn't like, though, was that it was sexual right from the beginning. While it left for some very amusing awkwardness between the two characters that brought me a laugh, I felt like it pushed the relationship too fast too early on. Additionally, while it provided the unique twist usually needed for a fanfiction to stand out, it really wasn't needed. Because it was sexual from the first time, it read like a romance novel plot, which cheapened the Alistair/F!Cousland relationship and set the tone for the rest of the fic. Because the given relationship already had so much material to work with, it really didn't need the twist. I thought it was a clever idea, but it unfortunately came off as a little tacky in execution as far as the romance went. As far as the actual plot, as I did read the ending(s), it worked. So, as said, it really would have worked so much better without the beginning sexual nature of their Fade-sharing.

You really hit dead-on with Alistair's character. I was impressed. You knew what made him tick, so to speak, and you wrote him well. There were a few times when I felt like he acted too boldly, but those were a little nit-pickjy. Overall, great portrayal of Alistair through your character's eyes. Your Female Cousland also was well thought out. You considered her previous experiences and her family life, and used that to flesh her out. Your main two were very well done. It was the rest of the cast that could become out-of-character or under developed, and I get the impression like you never played out their quests or got close enough to them in-game to know better. I could be wrong, but either way, you could have used more research on the other party members. It was just disappointing that not everyone was as well written as the main two.

Aside from a few grammar errors, and one misuse of a word (decimate means to kill 1/10th, so when they "decimated half of the darkspawn" it made some very interesting math equations run through my head), there's nothing else I had to say. I blame myself for being very harsh on fanfiction, but I didn't read through this completely. What you did well, you did REALLY well. I honestly wish I could look past the flaws of this piece and enjoy those good parts all the way through. Lovely work, and I hope that in the time since this was written, you've already improved on those weaknesses.
chaos-theultim8-order chapter 5 . 6/21/2011
Ok, I am reviewing now in case I forget when I finish reading. I am loving this story. There aren't any distracting writing mistakes and I have been wearing a goofy grin on my face from the wit and humor! great job!
Frankie in Like chapter 30 . 6/7/2011
Oh my gosh, what a powerful story.

Thank you thank you thank you for sharing it, it was an amazing experience. The endings are so difficult and real and perfect because they're not (exactly) 'happily ever after' endings. The #29 choice was painful to read, I'm glad I picked Wynne first ;)

Just plain amazing. You must write more!
xxFranceExx chapter 30 . 5/19/2011
beautiful. :)
Galen Hithwen chapter 30 . 2/5/2011
I know this is an old story and you might not even check this website anymore but I wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed this story and the unique concept of it. I love seeing the different ideas that people come up with to take the story and make it their own as opposed to just retelling the story from their own character's perspective. So basically... well done :)
HyperNDA chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
WOW THIS WAS THE MOST AMAZING FIC I'VE EVER READ!

PLEASE DO A SEQUEL!

Loved this concept and your writing skills!
alyssacousland chapter 30 . 12/16/2010
OMG, I just found and read this one, and I have to say it is AMAZING! I'm still crying (I picked 29 first, but cheated and read 30 anyway).

It is a wonderful story and very creative. I bow to you!

Great job!
randompwner chapter 30 . 11/25/2010
oh...my...maker... That story was incredible! I loved the concept of the shared fade. Awesome how they end up together, one way or another. Just... Wow.
Thot84 chapter 2 . 11/24/2010
Well, the shared dream thing is quite wicked, but I like the result very much.

In addition, you present a little bit different Alistair than in the game version: the PC-version would most likely blush like a red dragon scale armor, if he'd realize that there was a real component to his dream, consider how unsure he acts about sex in the romance on the PC game.

But the way you point out his wight knight attitude and his humour are totally on the spot.

Only the "with my life" phrase at the end happens too fast from my point of view.
Thot84 chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
It's such a relieve to read this story.

1) A vivid, catching view on the main plot from the perspective of the female Cousland PC (with an obvious prospect on a romance) without getting too cheesy/mushy from the beginning - those immediate 'love on first sight' fics normally suck so much normally, because there is no form of real process in the persepctives between the PC and Alistair, what takes out all the potential of the story.

2) Your Cousland is no Mary Sue! Instead you really get the impression cross that she is simply stattered into pieces by the events in Highever and doesn't know how to regain her footing.

3) Your way of writing really gets the point cross without lapsing into this annoying streams of consciousness.

4) You have the sense and the writing skills to change the plot where it fits (this journey into the wilds for example)

That's at least my impression on the first chapter. 29 more to come. *happy jumping*

Thot
leimana chapter 30 . 10/12/2010
OMG to get to the ending and have to make a choice was excellent! Amazing story and yup I had to read them both! 2 thumbs up!
tgail73 chapter 30 . 10/7/2010
Such a fantastic story. Thank you for this.