Reviews for After Thoughts
mj-hedwig13 chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
That was amazing! Very good analysis!
PeaceHeather chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
I really like how Toph points out to Katara that things aren't always about her. Maybe it's all the fanfic I've been reading lately, but Miss K does seem to feel that everything needs to go her way, and as Toph said, she has some pretty solid expectations about how people "ought" to be also.

Jet betrayed her trust; he used her abilities to try and murder innocent people. Zuko only said that he'd finally realized that maybe he didn't *have* to follow the path everyone else had laid out for him. Once he saw that he might actually have a chance to go home, he jumped at it - but he never implied to Katara that he was going to side with them, and he never used her to get something he wanted.

Katara is kinda being pissy about it, and your portrayal of Toph made me say "you go girl!" to my computer screen. :)

Thanks for posting this!
funvince chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Huh, it never occurred to me that Katara could have saved Jet with the spirit water. Now that I see that it was a possibility I'm just going to have to believe that she honestly forgot about it as well. A lot of stuff was going on at the time.

I liked the interaction between Katara and Toph and the way you summarized past events for Toph's sake without dragging things out. You made some nice parallels between Jet's betrayal and Zuko's.
Humblescribe chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Hey, this was a great character expanding fic. Much in-depth than other fics of the period between Book 2 and 3, that's for sure. Yup. The part with Jet almost made me think twice, since that particular plot is used in humor fics, but it cleared up nicely. It's clear that there was a lot of thinking about this! Well-written.