Reviews for Cookies and Compromises
rezmutt chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
this was good, i really loved the whole fic. the characters r very real. i've always wanted to try roofsledding. never enough snow where i live though
SamKay61 chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
-really enjoyed this. Thanks. I love the word picture the kitchen scene painted.
JamSack chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
Argh! that was so perfect! the tension was right, I could picture everything in my mind, all the details, I could hear their voices saying everything, I was completely swept up in it. I loved the cute and homely feel of it, and that it was nicely balanced with the desire and the heat.

Since I've been reading your take on their relationship throughout season 3, I would think it could take place then, but I can see this happening more around Season 7/8 if we completely disregard that 'P' guy.

Oh, and I'm going to a nerd themed party on Friday and I'm totally taking cookies with equations and pi iced on them (and one with an earth symbol, let's see if anyone notices) :D thanks for the inspiration

This story was awesome! Thanks!
LaraSGCLena chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
(Pol), though I'm only now starting to read the Shipmas fics, your story just brought me right back into the warm, family, cozy Christmas spirit :)

I like that it's not Sam/Jack straight from the beginning, it shows you took great importance in building up that family atmosphere that SG-1 has and is. Reading the story you kinda feel like being part of that family.

Love how you described Jack's smile. It's true, sometimes someone can have this wide, open, teeth baring smile and it may not FEEL as a smile to you but then another person can give you just the faintest, a glimpse, a ghost of a smile but you FEEL it as a warm, genuine smile. Stuck with me, loved how you wrote that.
Kathryn Shadow chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Dear Lord, that was cute. If I get diabetes, I'm blaming you. :P

-hugs-
leiasky chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
I'm finally starting to catch up on all the backlogged stories I have to read! I'm glad I read this a few weeks ago but was even happier to read it again. It was just a wonderful, funny, piece that made me smile all the way through.

I really do think there needs to be another part to this . . . evil woman! :)
wildpeace chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Gah! LOVED! I missed this when it first got posted what with sorting out babies and 4 year olds and Christmas, but I'm SO glad I came and found it. I mean, I ADORE Cassie!fic of any description, but when it is lovely family Cassie!fic, I just about squeed my socks off. This was lovely, in character, and I can just imagine Cassie sliding off that roof, lol! We used to do similar things down the hill by my church when we were young - because like an ice path and you'd sled right into the main road if someone to forgot to shut the gate at the bottom! Good times :) Thank you for bringing some of those memories back! Lol.
drewandian chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Holy UST Batman! wow...I loved this! very cute and fun...and darn that cookie timer! :)
dp chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Very cute story. Glad you weren't hurt sledding of the roof. I could see Sam Jack and Cassie doing this. Boy! What would Janet say if she saw her babysitters sharing with Cassie a roof sledding adventure.
elleelle chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
This is now officially one of my favorite stories. The characters were written just right and the baking cookies issues kept making me laugh. I'd love to see an epilogue but i understand if this was a oneshot.
Zoser chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
“Let ‘em burn " Yes indeed!
GateSeeker2 chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
o...wee! Steaming! Gotta bake me some cookies! YUM! you go Sammie! Nice story... loved the line, "...flew...blew..." Too funny about the EOD... Also, loved your own personal snow story. I didn't grow up with snow...with just jumped off of the roof - pretending to be paratroopers! Jump...tuck and roll! And hope you don't break your leg or get caught...oh childhood in the '70s!
BettyHall223 chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Wonderful story and wonderful writing. You rock, girl!
Miss.Understood 1982 chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Excellent story. Had me holding my breath at the last bit, almost jumped myself when the timer went off :)lol):
shadowsamurai83 chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Aw hell, what's the world comin' to when you've gotta put a note at the end of a fanfic story like that? Not criticisin' you, it's just...what's the world comin' to, eh? I mean, we did the same when we were younger, crazy stuff that no one would even *dream* of *thinking* of lettin' their kids do now...

Ahem, sorry, I digress! I *loved* that. I mean, I really LOVED it. It was fluffy wuffy and sweet and... *happy sigh* Thanks for sharing it with us!