Reviews for The Sword and The Shield
Moonprincess202 chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
Beautiful. I loved the glimpse into the Star Wars universe through the eyes of Sabé and Saché.
Thessilian chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Gosh, this was beautiful. So many lines that work so well.

Naboo historians would forever know them as The Sword and The Shield. - made me well up!

The Empire never learned that a murdered queen's handmaidens set its demise in motion. - this is a lovely idea - of how someone so insignificant to them could cause them so much damage.

It would not be the last time Amidala's daughter's brazen courage and naivety caused the death of innocent lives. - that's so sad!

Her time was rapidly approaching and Saché knew the Captain would soon be ready to take her home too. - you just made me cry at my desk at work!
Perilous Velocity chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Wow. This was truly amazing and moving. I liked your writing style. It was natural and convincing. I'm absolutely impressed.

Oh, and I adore, just adore hints of Sobiwan. They were so subtle, yet so lovely and telling.

Also the character of Sache was well-shown.

Sache and Sabe's friendship, I mean, your descriptions of it were exceptionally realistic and believable.

Great job,

Magdalena.
DarthMii chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
I loved it. Well written and enticing.
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Omg. I loved it! Stories about the handmaidens always fascinate me, and I love hearing about their lives and what happened to them after the Invasion of Naboo. Sabe is often paired with Obi-Wan, and I like the idea of Sache and Captain Typho. Usually I see Dorme and Typho, but Sache and Typho works too :) I also liked that you explained what happened to the other original handmaidens - they just never would leave Padme's service with no explanation. The ending was sad, but happy too, I liked seeing Sabe and Sache live out their days together raising the orphaned children. Excellent story!