Reviews for Blackthorn
anon chapter 1 . 5/14
UNACCEPTABLE
JaneBeyre chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Heartbreakingly beautiful, I had to fight back the tears.
vic chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
this is one of my favorite fanfics. I still come back time to time to read it.
AsrielWolve chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
...
*Goes to cry in a corner*
sweets427 chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
ok wow. that was sad.
codenamecynic chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Oh dear, dear author, your stories are filling up the little bubble reserved for angst in my heart. This is lovely. I somehow failed to romance Zevran through all my play-throughs of DA:O, and now I feel like I'm missing out. Thank you for sharing this!
Prisoner 24601 chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Wow, this is really good. I'm such a sucker for sad stories like this, and Zevran is perfect here. This is exactly how I would picture him in a situation like this. Lovely work.
Meg The Maggot chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
This is so beautifully written. Please be depressing more often.
TMcGeeSDCA chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
That was beautiful. Always sad to think of those left behind if the warden dies, like in any tragic story of heroes really.
Magette chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
:stares creepily at screen for several hours:

BEAR MY CHILDREN PLZKTHX
NuitNuit chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
This was so completely sad and beautiful at the same time. Poor Zevran :(
Victorita9 chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
i love this story so much. Its so beautiful. this is my 10th time reading it. I hope you continue to make angst stories in the future.
callalili chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
GUH. So. Sad. :(

I am actually not so fond of the dirge itself. The translation seems fairly labored; they put in some effort to make the words rhyme, I know, but the rhyming is rather forced and awkward to read. I'm thinking a more direct translation of the poem might be better?

Otherwise: emo emo emo writing. As always. Why am I even surprised at this point? :( I feel so bad for Zevran! And the PC! And everyone! Are you, by any chance, a fan of Vienna Teng? I think I recognize some of her song lyrics in your chapter titles.
impsy chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Oh wow. That was sad, but excellent and so well written. This is a much darker Zevran than what we usually see on here and he was still believable and totally in character. Thank you for sharing!
Amara Wil Fren chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Thank you for posting this!

This story was so sad...but I loved it anyway. I'm so used to your Amell/Zevran story that I was thrown at first(I was like: OMG! She killed Amell in this one!) but I loved how you used the Dalish elf. I loved that Origin - lots of fun.