Reviews for Wise Men
Proseac chapter 4 . 4/2
Well, I don't know how I missed this one before! Very nicely done indeed! And now it all makes sense, what you said when we were at the WWII Memorial last summer. :)

I've never seen Gibbs and Tony exactly as having a 'father/son' relationship (they're too close in age for me wrap my head around that), but different strokes for different folks. I see them more as mentor/mentee, and this story still works with that framework.

Very impressive how you worked the prompts into the story. Obviously this was written before 'Flesh and Blood' aired, with a much harsher view of Senior that what the show has given us. It makes me sad to think of Tony having this sort of (non)relationship with his father. :(

You totally shocked and surprised me with the hints of Tiva in this one - I never knew you had it in you, gal! LOL

Now I have to read the sequel...
Fingersnaps chapter 4 . 11/28/2014
I'm so glad I found this at this time of year, it's a great way to get a day closer to Advent! Wonderful Tony/Tim conversations and truly amazing McNicknames...the skating sequence is excellent, and the encounters with the wise men, just perfect!
stareagle chapter 3 . 7/1/2012
I love this story - especially the conversation with Ducky and Gibbs! Tim was wonderful in every chapter. Loved that he was an excellent skater too. It was fun that Tony and Ziva had such a good time skating... a little Tiva is good for the soul!
stareagle chapter 4 . 4/2/2012
This was a delightful tale, full of love in the most important family way... aptly titled, you created an atmosphere of warmth and trust. The sad suicide case was an effective counterpoint to the different outcomes. Even though victim had a family that cared for her, they didn't communicate with the intimacy and trust that the MCRT does. A beautiful example of how families are created and blended. Loved it.
USAFChief chapter 4 . 8/20/2011
A lot to like about this story of yours. The first chapter was very good - the team tying up loose ends of the case that they really didn't realize was a case. Tony and Tim talking was very good, although I think their friendship is not that deep nor settled. I'm very willing to allow you to think it is and write it that way. The skating sequence with Tony and Ziva was really excellent and the way you handled Ziva's internal dialog was very good. The description of the wise men was very good. My only complaint, and this is my preconception, is that Gibbs neither wants nor needs any of his team to be his family. There is no doubt that Abby is his favorite (he has said so) and that he cares for her. I think he loves each of his team members in his own way, but that love is stilted and compromised by his own losses and the demons he fights. On the other hand, you wrote it very well...its just my perception of Gibbs is so different than yours.

Vive la difference!

All the best.

pdf
USAFChief chapter 2 . 8/20/2011
*guffaw* Ziva will get the "dangle" of it. Perfect.
Mezzo Beev chapter 4 . 5/8/2011
I like the relationship you show here between McGee and DiNozzo – that despite their frequent verbal sparring on the job, there is a solid friendship at the foundation. McGee, Ducky and Gibbs made very good wise men in DiNozzo’s dream and managed to stay in character while doing it. You did a lovely job with the details of the skating party. And you struck a very nice balance between the Griffith case and the DiNozzo’s personal dilemma.
Space1Traveler chapter 4 . 3/24/2011
Well done! Thanks!
Space1Traveler chapter 3 . 3/24/2011
I just got the "shiver of goodness"! I'm loving this story!
Hieiko chapter 4 . 10/16/2010
A lovely story! I always like the Gibbs-Tony dynamic, but my favorite part in this tale was actually when Tony and Ziva were skating together. :)
Choosing Sarah chapter 4 . 9/15/2010
This was a lovely story. I really enjoyed the friendship between Tim and Tony and the relationship between Tony and Gibbs as you've portrayed it. I thought it was in character and just cool. Thanks for a great read.
RookieGinge chapter 4 . 8/15/2010
Wonderful story, love it!
Gunner'sDream chapter 4 . 8/15/2010
i like the tim and tony friendship in this! it was written really well.
Mysteryfan17 chapter 4 . 7/23/2010
That was a neat fic. Can't wait to read the little extra next. 10/10
Mokibobolink chapter 4 . 4/21/2010
Beautiful story! Loved the ending and loved the "wise men" and what they each said to Tony.

Great job!