Reviews for In the Eyes of a Soldier
Elf Knight chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
This does have a shot at brilliance since it would be rather fascinating to see the battle for Minas Tirith through the eyes of a common soldier. However, do try to make spaces between your paragraphs as one wall of text is kind of hard to read. Also, Pippin (or was it Merriadoc/Merry?) was also real famous in Minas Tirith along with Gandalf and the people there called him the Prince of the Shire. Thus, I think it would be good to include him. Perhaps Pippin (or Merry) can tell him some stories and the soldier can write it down wondering what the Shire is and if they will help them in the war. Otherwise, it's pretty good and all the thoughts running through his head are probable and realistic. One last point though is to make it slightly longer like a page at least. Don't let my words deter you though as this is a nice read.

Keep it up!
Mike AZ 2 chapter 1 . 1/18/2011

This is a good one-shot fic. What more can I say?
GendryMightBeComingBackSoon chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
A great story. Very well written.
LOTR Fan chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Nice journal enrty (as you said it was). Can't wait to see what other works you got, kid!
Ithil-valon chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
Excellent! This is a point of view that we rarely get...that of the individual soldier. I think part of what makes it so powerful is its brevity. Every word is full of though there is not time to write more because the battle is upon him.

Well done, Teddypro!

fireamber chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
A nice one-shot (I assume) which shows the mind of a regular soldier in the army of Minas Tirith just before the final battle. I like it. It brings our attention from the heroes of the encounter to the rank and file and how they must have felt as they prepared to defend their homes and families.
Evendim chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
A very credible attempt at a very emotional moment in a soldiers life!

Short, yes, but well written and poignant, and besides, quality counts, not quantity!