Reviews for Beneath The Gathering Cloud
Brown hair and eyes chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Wow. That's powerful stuff. Just wow.
May Eve chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Beautiful and heart-breaking and funny.
mountainelements chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
I like how you portray Jim here, especially his friendships with Bones and Janice. It really shows why Bones would risk so much to sneak Jim on board the Enterprise. You also do a good job of showing how important it was to Jim not to just give in and do the expected thing on the Kobayashi Maru.
Lady Merlin chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
This is all kinds of sad and angry, and it's beautiful once I get past the horrifying sinking feeling in my chest, which is, surprisingly, a good thing cuz it means you've done it damned well. Some of your phrasing is downright poetic, though the only one i remember at the moment is 'worthless splintering quietly in his chest' which is the perfect summation of what he would be feeling. Somehow i think you get into the quiet details of his pain and how the rest of the world would try to respond to it, because you're right, people wouldn't be *that* oblivious, and it's just really well done. Thanks for writing this.

Loads of Love,

Lady Merlin
Piper Julian chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Absolutely incredible! I liked the slow progression! You really captured Jim's character.
Fiji Mermaid chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
This story is incredible. The other reviewers have said what I want to say better than I can. I'm going to read your other stories and if they are half as awesome as this one, then you'll be better than most writers here at ff . net.
silver-teddy-1342 chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
im so sorry. i thought i had already reviewed but when i looked again you only had one review and it wasnt from me! ;_; anyway one to the review!

this was absolutely amazing to me. most of the time, the stories i read about jim's broken childhood are so cliche. so monotonous.

poor little jimmy grew up in a home where no one loved him, he had to survive on his own, was sent to tarsus, saved thirty kids single handedly, joined starfleet and became a hero!

i've read enough of those, thanks very much.

your story is different though! i like that he has to lean and rely on the people around him, (i love rand a ton! 3) that he didnt come through all that whole. jim is allowed his weakness too. he doesnt have to be a hero or martyr all the time like other stories paint him to be.

anyway. thank you so much for writing and sharing this! you've rekindled my hope that not all hurt!jim stories are going to be the exact same angst over and over again! :]
Alone Dreaming chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Clearly this entire category has gone to the dogs. How could this story have no reviews? Not even one? Not even someone giving you a flame? How could anyone, who read the first section, not go on to read the rest?

I am utterly furious at the world because this story is one of the best I've read in this category. And it's unique. You've got everything necessary and yet, you've got your own twist. Heck, you put RAND into your stories and I must admit, I was rather wondering about her in this universe. And your version of her is brilliant. If I ever write her, I want to write her as you did (I'd, of course, ask your permission as she's your baby and you've done such a lovely job with her) though I'm not sure my Jim ended up on Tarsus.

My two favorite sections are the nail polish one and the missing Bones one. But the whole thing... it's perfect, it's real and you've captured such excellent emotion in all of it. I am in love with this story.

An instant favorite.