Reviews for An Uchiha Christmas Carol
Renita Sarah chapter 4 . 1/27
Wow! That's quite a story. I like it especially when Sasuke saw Sakura planting all those flowers at the yard. It's really touching.. You have a skill to write something like this even though you just borrowing the plot. There's also a little OOC of Sasuke from the last chapter. Overall, I like your story. Thank you.
silveroaks chapter 4 . 11/19/2014
Such a pleasant read:) loved it :)
Lossie chapter 4 . 9/18/2014
I cried around ten times while reading this. I love the original Christmas Carol and I know it by heart, and it always transforms me into a crying mess, whether it's the original version or a fanfiction-ized one. Great job! :)
TheBloodDancer chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
I really liked this short story; it was well-written and the past, present and future seemed realistic. I especially loved the epilogue and the dance between Sasuke and Sakura was just so cute! Keep up the fantastic work. :)
rebecca chapter 4 . 12/19/2012
well written, except for one thing. The people in this story are tough people. They kill so they won't be killed, they do what they need to. I think you make them speak a little too well for their backgrounds. In the first two chapters, maybe use less advanced vocabulary. Don't make them sound dumb, don't make them use texting language, but consider making them sound a little less educated. (They went to the ninja academy - that's it. The clan taught them everything else they know. Then they were shinobi. It's the equivalent of a really motivated student skipping out on high school altogether to devote their life to the military, loosely.)
mililli chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
I love this oh my God, I love this so much! It's funny and it's sad and it's so greatly written. Obito was a great choice too! I'm guessing you got a bit of inspiration from 'Ghost of girlfriend's past'?
Sutefanii uchiha chapter 4 . 10/30/2011
Awwwwwwwwwwww it's so..(TTTT)..so beautiful with sad moments that really made me cry (TTTT), and with funny moments like the gai sensei that made me laugh (), but mostly cry anyway I love it
Nokito-chan chapter 4 . 9/19/2011
Okay, so the stupid Internet won't let me login on account of the fact that it's not displaying a security code and therefore thinks I'm a spam-bot xD Ugh.

First off, OMG! You know me and Sasuke-redemption so this was just ... -babbles incoherently-

I've never actually read A Christmas Carol though I know the basic plot but I think you did a great job applying it to Sasu-cakes. I can't help but wonder though ... Your Ghosts ... Obito was a wonderful choice, of course but what made you settle on Gai and Gaara?

The other thing I have to mention is that you totally surprised me with the Christmas Future! I was expecting some happy preview of the life he could have (heavily featuring Sakura, of course) but then you blow me out of the water with THIS! XD ... Sheer brilliance, I tell you.

On another note: the dance scene! So amazingly bittersweet it made me want to cry! And when he smiles and she's surprised by that; it actually makes so much sense that she would really fall for him after something like that.

Christmas Past: oh, god, I don't even really wanna think about it, I'll cry for real! Poor poor Sasuke ... And even worse, poor Itachi and Mikoto! ;.; ... I really have no grounds to do so but I seriously would kick Fugaku if I had the chance. When Sasuke was trying to be brave and to console Mikoto? Omg, my heart broke for them. (Aside: and at the risk of opening a whole other can of worms, why the hell can't Itachi just tell Fugaku to back off, yeah? Sometimes I think that if Itachi hadn't been such a perfect soldier the story could've been so much different! Hmmm ... I sense a plot bunny. Le sigh.)

Nways, back to the actual review: the green-house was inspired, imo. Such a Sakura thing to do. Not just because of her devotion to Sasuke but also because she's that caring ... And in one way, imo at least, she's sort of ... In an unhealthy way, joining the family. If that makes any sense xD

I also liked that you brought Asuma and Kurenai into it. Now you've showcased it, I feel so dumb for not realizing how much a parentless child would affect Sasuke! I literally went 'awwww' out loud when you got to the point where Kurenai was thanking Sasuke for saving Asuma in the Hidan mission.

But, enough, with the fangirling ... Psychologically speaking I loved this fic. It's fascinating how all of this could hover just below Sasuke's consciousness without him knowing or activating it. You're playing with the fact that he's not inherently evil; using Yin and Yang to good effect. Even at this point where he's pretty much unrecognizable due to losing his marbles, he does care. He cares enough to want to avenge his clan, to want to destroy Naruto. Imo, someone emotionless and 'bond-less' wouldn't be that way. You're also showing a side of Sakura rarely seen in that, she's still loyal and devoted to the point of stupidity but somehow that adds to her strength. It's almost as if Sasuke himself changes simply through viewing himself through her eyes.

Sasuke's death, the way no one really cared; that was harsh ... And so effective! You're playing to his arrogance, his self-centeredness and I must commend that! Definitely the way to get through to him.

In some ways, I think that the 'transitions' reflected the emptiness of Sasuke's state of being as well as the simultaneous chaos of his mind ... Again, if that even made any sense xD

The epilogue made my heart ache! If only Sasuke would come to his senses! A little bumpy here and there, with the flow, but that's me being nit-picky. It's a one-shot so limited time means limited exploration; I think you've done a wonderful job in characterizing Sasuke within this setting! All other literary things were good, as always ...there were a few similes especially that I liked and the descriptions were really emotive, too.

There was more I wanted to say but I forget xD ... Which is probably just as well because I think I've rambled enough! Haha.

Thank you, as always, for a lovely read! I'm sorry there's not more! XD

Love ya!

Noki
le.invictus chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Classic Story :)) The story was a bit OC but I enjoyed it very much ;]
domdom456789 chapter 4 . 7/3/2011
awww, im glad sasuke finally came to his senses! and that he went on that mission with asuma!
lovelyell chapter 4 . 8/27/2010
This is without a doubt one of the most well written stories I have read that adapts naruto to The Christmas Carol. Thanks for the great story
another.creative.lover chapter 4 . 7/27/2010
(bawls) WAHHHHH! DDD: Oh, dear, that was too good to be true. :) Definitely awesome. My comments throughout the story:

-(when Sakura socked Sasuke in the face) OH YEAH! ;) Give him what he DESERVES! (happy dances)

-(when Sasuke said, "Gomen.") AWWWW! (cries)

-(The scene where Sasuke and Sakura were in the bedroom and she was finding her shoes) OH YEAH! YOU BETTER LET HER GET SOME LATER, SASUKE! Then after I found out that they were going to the Christmas party I was like, "Aw. :( No kissy kissy goo goo..." . (laughs) Huh. What else... Oh yeah. Ending was absolutely perfect. You NAILED it! Whoo-hoo! _ Not many people do. Awesomesauce in every single aspect. This is going to be something that I will read for Christmas. :) (cries tears of joy) I LOVE YOU!

another.creative.lover chapter 3 . 7/27/2010
(cries) This ending made me really sadface. :( Beautiful as always, and wonderfully written. :) I love how Gaara just gives him the cold shoulder. And I really love the characters you chose as Past, Present, and Future. All of them really do fit their roles. EXPLANATION COMING UP!:

Obito: he's like Naruto, reminding Sasuke of the good times and first showing him Sakura back then and how happy she was with him. Obito's like the humor to soften up the mood before things start to get serious.

Gai: he's the GREEN BEAST! And Naruto is not the same without one of the handsome Green Beasts of Konoha (In other words: Lee and/or Gai). He's the one who can be very serious or very happy. He's the one that's helping the mood of the story, adding comic relief when needed and, when it starts getting to more emotional parts, Gai turns serious as well. :) Love him!

Gaara: He doesn't speak because it's for Sasuke to speak for himself. He's silent and only a guide.

I've noticed that when Sasuke starts going from Past, Present, and then finally to the Future, the guides start speaking less and less, in contrast to Sasuke speaking more and more. :) I thought that was interesting to find out. As always, very well done. On more chapter to go. :)

another.creative.lover chapter 2 . 7/27/2010
Oh, dear. You could not believe how happy I was when I read that Gai was the ghost of Christmas present. This was actually better than the last chapter. No wait. Scratch that. I love these chapters. Both of them so far. Very well written and I love your style and voice. :) There aren't that many fics that right from an omniscient point of view that centers around a single character. Er, I don't know if that makes sense, but let's just say that it does. _" Anyways, this chapter made me sadface. Touching and moving. As much as that brotherly scene did last chapter with Obito, ghost of Christmas Past! SASUSAKU! :D

annee loves sasusaku. :)
another.creative.lover chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Oh my goodNESS! This was definitely entertaining to read. :) So awesome, and I'm so happy that you based it off of one of the best classics. :) WH00T WH00T! That was definitely one of Dickens' best books. :) Loved those excerpts. Very pro, if I do say so myself. And absolutely, positively, wonderful. :) I will continue on the next few chapters and hopefully finish if my computer battery doesn't die out. Heh-heh. I wish I had seen this earlier. :) Then I would have enjoyed it as throughly as I could. GO SASUSAKU! :D