Reviews for The First Mrs Norris
BreathingStar chapter 1 . 10/24/2014
Wow. :)
How very true. There's nothing about Filch that isn't explained through this. His attitude towards students, why Dumbledore would hire a Squib as caretaker (even though he has hundreds of house-elves doing the cleaning), how Mrs. Norris (the cat) even arrived in Filch's life...
And in this short story there's not only those things but so much more.
The twins part in the beginning, the tale of Argus' family, Mrs Norris' character, they all make this story, as short as it is, a realistic lifestory.
And it's written really well. The perspectice, everything.
Once again it becomes clear that not only Snape lives a solitary kind of existence, there are many more whose stories deserve to be told.
It's quite beautiful. :)
Snarky64 chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
This is a super fic. I'm impressed with how you have humanised one of the least sympathetic canon characters to the point that I was quite misty-eyed at the end. Good job!
musefan929 chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Brilliant! Engaging and well-written. I almost teared up a little there as well :)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
ohmygosh! this is so sad I almost cried
Baby Flash chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Awe... I'm crying! Literally crying!
VanillaMostly chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Filch's life is so sad. But I like that he is happy, at least, with that cat. :)
PhoenixLovesPotter chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
I have tears in my eyes. This is beautiful. Kudos. 3
Analie Janes chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
That was pretty surprising but great! I loved how you portrayed Filch and it's cute he named his cat after . I feel really bad for him though...he had a miserable life. Anyways, great job writing this! :)

~Analie~
Mottsnave chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
I have a real soft spot for stories that take on the neglected canon characters (and who could be more neglected than Filch?) and give them a voice.

You created a really heart-rending story, but it's not at all maudlin here, and you also picked up one of those neglected themes that Rowling kind of left by the wayside, all the inequality in the wizarding world.

Excellent job! Loud applause!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
Absolutely terrific. So sad.
chocolate fish chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Aww! No wonder he's so bitter and twisted.
DoubleCaramel chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
Ah ha! I found it! *looks smug*

_~

THIS IS A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I love the entire story and how well thought of it is. It's truly brilliant, and from now on it will be hard for me to accept another past for him. I simply adored this!

It was sad, yet also very sweet. I love - I have a new-found respect for her! - and it was just perfect.

I think Flich's speech should've been a bit more bitter, but then he's probably used to his story.

The ending is awful, though. I know Filch has his issues but asking people to kill his cat when he dies is *cringes*. Or maybe you meant they would take care on her in terms of giving her food.

Right?

Either way this was great. _
Louey06 chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
awww. poor filch What a depressing life.
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
This was kinda sad. It really made me rethink Filch's character. I never liked him much, but now I rather pity him. I liked the idea of his having a twin, Anton, who was "perfect" in every way while he was a Squib, and the idea that Mrs. Norris was named for someone else. It is a bit of an odd name for a cat, but I never wondered until now why he named her that.
The-Foolish-Slave chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Aw...this kinda makes me sad, in an Ironic way, but at the same time is completely plausible. Great work on this.