Reviews for Aftermath
Guest chapter 4 . 2/3/2015
Yep, you definitely are one of my favorite authors. In case you haven't guessed, I'm reading all of your Star Trek TOS stories in order, from oldest posted to newest. Enjoying myself greatly.
detectivejigsaw chapter 2 . 12/29/2014
My favorite part here is the line about Spock "threatening him with painful death by unknown Vulcan methods if he so much as breathed a word of what he saw to anyone, ever." That makes me snigger.
detectivejigsaw chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
You've got to love Dr. McCoy and his attitude.
SweetFirefly chapter 4 . 9/1/2014
OK, let me tell you this is awesome. I should be reading the text I need to have read by tomorrow morning, and yet I can't, because my eyes are glued to this gorgeous piece of fanfiction. Operation Annihilate is one of my favorite episodes, and you dealt with its consequences so well, even without going into slash territory (which, admittedly, is where my preferences lay). You really captured Spock's experience of human grief well, and I can almost see Shatner, Nimoy and DeKelley acting out that scene at the Observation Deck. Kudos to you. \o/
MuggleCreator chapter 4 . 5/23/2014
Awwwwww... :,)
FanFiction Queen chapter 4 . 2/5/2014
Wow. Amazing story. Many people have attacked the aftermath of Opperation Annihilate looking at Spock's recovery, very few think about what Kirk had to have been going through! Beautiful. Would love to see more in same 'verse!
WeirdLittleStories chapter 4 . 10/31/2013
You've done your usual wonderful job on this story. I love how much you GET these guys!
hjohn302 chapter 4 . 2/12/2013
How I have never been able to take the time to read this before...

This piece is a gem. So beautifully written, and the range of emotions you express here through the characters is immense. There is so much to love about this story, and not one thing to criticize in my opinion.

I love that you had Spock pursue Jim, and take Bones advice in not over thinking, just doing what "felt right." Jim's instinctive reaction to warn Spock away from his flood of emotions as absolutely perfect, as was showing his breakdown from Spock's point of view as he experienced it through their physical/mental contact. Definitely showed the strength of Kirk - his endurance as you pointed out - and the strength of Spock in being willing to take on that level of emotional input (flood, bombardment?) And the strength of the friendship between the two of them that only grows stronger through time and experience. And then with Bones in there, knowing when to let someone else reach his friend when he can't.

The closeness between the three men (yes... Spock, you too) who are so different has been captured here brilliantly. You do an amazing job putting them in different situations to bring out different characteristics of their strengths and weaknesses.

I love this! It's definitely hitting my favorites list... the first Star Trek fanfic to do so! :)
Pearlkat chapter 4 . 1/19/2013
Wonderful, wonderful story. I loved every word. I like the way you make Spock say the simplest thing in as many words as possible.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/30/2012
Great characters, deep running emotions. I am delighted how easily / naturally you manage the characters to display the appropriate balance between closeness and distance. Powerful visual language. Made me feel like hiding in the darkness witnessing the starlight scene, myself.
Hummingbird2 chapter 4 . 12/21/2012
What an incredible story! Beautifully written, with superb characterization, and lots of wonderful friendship, thank you.
Satin Ragdoll chapter 4 . 12/9/2012
Oh, I love this!
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 4 . 11/15/2012
Beautiful story. I love the interactions between the characters. I especially love Peter pointing out the truth that Spock smiles with his eyes.
Mister D8a chapter 4 . 8/23/2012
Brilliant.

James
HogwartsFan chapter 4 . 7/29/2012
*liked this very much*
That's so...heartwarming, really! Especially the scene on the Observation Deck, and this last chap with Peter Kirk. That was really well done! Peter was just very cute, and how he figured out the way Spock smiled...and he had to tell it everyone, hadn't he? :D
You have a knack for writing amazing stories!