Reviews for Edward Elric: Storyteller Extraordinaire
ChameleonGiant chapter 1 . 12/26/2019
Oh gosh, Ed was so mean-spirited and a colorfully-mouthed gremlin but if anything I think you totally captured the spontaneous enthusiastic firecracker of his character XD. I loved the slight jabs too (Not just about Al and Mustang lol) but to the fandom and fanfiction tropes as well. Intentional or not, one thing I found very amusing was how you acknowledged Elricest in a humourous and indirect way (I totally hate it, and I love that the two also acknowledge it's not natural either). Another thing was Edward telling Al not to 'Question his choices because he's the story teller here'. I've definetly seen a good share of fics featuring that kind of writing device enough times for it to be iconic to me at this point, haha.

This was too flippin' hilarious. It was so wild and full of energy and parody that I almost thought it might skip over some vital character elements and get too eccentric and OOC. But once the writing began winding down at the end I was glad to see some of those concerns about character and believability tie themselves well together. Actually, I realized after I finished that you had been keeping those things in mind. Such as Al's voice of reason pointing every little flaw in Ed's self-indulgent tale & countering Ed's baiased actions in that gentle and amiable manner so reflective of his character (like 'Al the Pathetic' was gold, but so dang mean! I felt kind of bad for laughing and was hopping stuff like that wouldn't go unmentioned so it made me feel relieved and happy that Ed did acknoeldged and apologize for it later. And he at least tried to do the same with Colonol Mustang who definetly got the brunt of his vindictiveness. It was cool seeing Mustang jab him back in his cool elite manner, and rightfully so. It was strangely satisfying because oof. Going for a man's manhood was a bratty move XD).

Anyways, totally loved it. I think you told it artistically and you both surpised and allowed me to appreciate how mindful and faithful you remained to each character to the situation while still making it as hilariously over the top as possible. The last part was also really nice to read too. That declining climax followed by a Al's soft confession was a really good way to balance the really wacky part of the story. Thank you!
vivian777 chapter 1 . 2/23/2016
OMG this is pure awesomeness! I love It! Mostly when Ed badmouths Roy. 10/10
LilyYumikoRockMe chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
It is so good.
I'm just a person now read 66 chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Doppler Effect chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
I wish my parent's fairytales had been more like that when I was growing up. It would have made going to sleep so much more amusing.
Casinia chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
Haha, this did remind me of 'The Wizard and the Wyrm'! Not that you stole the concept or anything, because I have read the story, and they're very different. I'd really recommend it, it's a lovely read.

Great story, I loved reading it. It was very entertaining, I laughed through most of it. The story, as Al said, was very Ed-like. Does that even make sense? Well, it doesn't matter, because the story doesn't make sense either. It was literally Ed ranting, wasn't it? Like he does often, but not in the form of storytelling. I love how he insults Colonel Mustang and yet at the same time he... bigs himself up, I suppose.

And you know what? I loved the little bit of fluff at the end. Al misses having bedtime stories! It's ridiculously cute. And sad at the same time, because they never got to have a proper childhood. Poor boys.

You know, I do this a lot with my brother, tell bedtime stories I mean. Crazy, wild stories that tell him everything I need to tell him, about things he should know and my mood and how my day went. It's how we communicate, I suppose, because I don't see him often in the day, we do our own things and have our own lives. So I guess this story does have a personal meaning to me, behind all the humour and profanities. Who'd have known?

So thanks for posting this, it's actually made my day. And yes, you definitely made me smile )

-Cas
The Lone Arcanum chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Here's the funny thing. I'm reading this at 11:46pm, right before going to bed. Best bedtime story I've ever heard. Ed should seriously made a buisness out of this.
sparklybutterfly42 chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
HAHAHA! I SPLIT MY SIDE LAUGHING TO THIS!
Emmy2710 chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
hahhaahhaahah!Meu Deus eu não parava de sorrir quando lia esta história!Muuuito boa!
BlairBearXoXo chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Best bedtime story I have EVER heard!
Sukee93 chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Well, constructive criticism, I'm not sure about that since my english is not really perfect, but I can tell you that I loved your story! :)
Ed was so... well, himself, as Al said in the end xD It was hilarious: how Al kept interrumpt him with story details, the whole "Mustang-Dragon-Shit" reference...
And I did more than smile, you know, I laughted out loud! (fortunately I was alone in the house...)
So a big thanks for this delicious moment! :D
Do a Barrel Roll chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
I think I split my sides from laughing too hard.
Sofi Weiny chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
HAHAHA! OMG your story is HILARIOUS but amazing! Seriously, you deserved a lot more reviews for this.
ajunkboat chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
hahahaha brilliant! i can totally picture a night like this happening between the brothers and roy, you kept them all in character perfectly. love this fic :)
My Vantilene chapter 1 . 11/16/2011