Reviews for Step on my ego, just don't walk in place
dannyshutyerface chapter 34 . 9/28
I need to break everything. To peel apart the layers of this world and every world beyond it. Because I need this show, this fanfiction, to be real. And I need to find it in the twisted reality that can be found SOMEWHERE in this damned universe.
HylianFishFood chapter 11 . 5/4
*whispers* hello yes I think the word U are looking for is bisexual
Like I love the story so far but being bi myself it's super cringy to see a character who could be bi in a situation like "I've liked girls, but theres a hot dude so I'm gay now"
5dshadesofgay chapter 34 . 5/3
I still don't know why Sam was so... ooc and crazy. But this ending was more satisfying than the previous chapter.
it would be cool of there was a sequel in which they were both in college and actually friends and some way or another they ended up back together (Danny as a human) and then Danny could finally tell Dash that he was Phantom. And as a subplot Sam realizing she was so crazy homophobic bc she herself was gay, her parents had just squashed their beliefs on her. (Which is actually something that happened to me irl. My high school arch-enemy was crazy homophobic and I just recently learned he came out of the closet [best day of my life tbh])
however it is your story to do as you please, and aside from the Sam bashing, I really liked it. It's just bothering me that Dash NEVER FOUND OUT DANNY WAS DANNY PHANTOM lol
I'm a tad tempted to write a fic of my own but I don't do well writing outside my main Fandom (also like all my stuff is unfinished and unpublished oops that's why there'there's only one story on this account (I abandoned my old account bc when I wrote that stuff I had no idea how sensitive my subjects were and how I used them inappropriately so i was just like bYE).

Nice story though. I really did enjoy it.
5dshadesofgay chapter 33 . 5/3
I don't understand what just happened? like, I just don't understand what Sam's reason for all this was. There was no actual, tangible reason for her drama, which contradicted itself in the end? I'm very confused and not at all satisfied.
5dshadesofgay chapter 29 . 5/3
okay now that I've calmed down, the next chapter awaits me~
5dshadesofgay chapter 27 . 5/3
That was a little confusing . There was no break between Tucker talking with Danny and then hanging out with Sam so it confused me a bit.
Also I got excited at the diary but the entry wasn't really what I was hoping would be there.
well, onto the next chapter! It seems like we'really building up for the climax.
5dshadesofgay chapter 25 . 5/2
I was expecting something different from this chapter.
still hoping Sam realizes she's gay and that'that's why she's been so crazy about all this, or something like that. I really don't want this to end up as one of those anti-Sam fics.
I said I was gonna stay up all night to finish reading but I accidentally fell asleep oops
5dshadesofgay chapter 21 . 5/1
Wow that really tore at my heart there.
but anyway, I wanna talk about the title of this fic, bc for the last 20 chapters I've been wondering what it means, too.
The "ego" of someone is who they are, their self image. How they think and how they feel. And I interpreted the "step in place" bit as a state of unchange. If you step in place, you'really not really going anywhere, are you?

So my hypothesis is that the title is either referring to Danny or Dash (or both?) And their self image, telling the other it's okay to destroy them as a person, but just don't act like nothing ever happened.
this interpretation makes we anxious for the outcome of this story though.
I don't know if the meaning will be completely clear once I finish reading this, but I'd love your feedback on my theory c:
5dshadesofgay chapter 20 . 5/1
This is getting sooo good omg I am not going to bed until I finish this fic
5dshadesofgay chapter 18 . 5/1
Okay, I was hoping to review at the end of the story mostly bc I didn't want to stop lol but I had to stop bc I'm a little concerned about Sam as a character here. I am really hoping her reaction was bc her of her parents' ideals which have caused her to surprise who she really is and hate anyone who is what she wants to let free but can't bc her parents have made her hate Herself. That's what I'm hoping is going on, more or less, bc I really don't like when people turn characters into villains for the sake of the otp. I like Sam, and I'm hoping that the thing with Paleena (did I spell that right I'm sorry) was more than what Sam made it sound like. So, I'm a little nervous to keep reading but that's what makes a good story, I suppose. Afraid about what the outcome will be haha. Do have to say, as long as Sam isn't being bashed just bc UGHHHHHHHHHH ANTI DANNY X SAM UGH EVERYONE HATE SAM, I really like this story. And it's not easy for me to read fanfics from other fandoms other than my main. Especially long ones. (And bc I have a really bad reading disability so reading all these chapters in a row is a friggin miracle for me lol)
Lexosaurus chapter 34 . 6/22/2014
This was amazing. I loved everything about it. SEQUEL PLEASEEE?
girlygeek3693 chapter 34 . 1/27/2014
I'm crying sloppily muccccchhhhhhh
Oh why, whhhhhhhyyyy
I love this storrrryyyyyyyyy
Danny Phantom's Lover chapter 34 . 1/22/2014
So long Bitch Manson! Hope you die a painful death and hopefully you'll be alone when it happens!
Danny Phantom's Lover chapter 29 . 1/22/2014
Danny Phantom's Lover chapter 18 . 1/22/2014
And Sam has become even more of a bitch than she was previously... Congratulations you psychotic, hypocritical bitch.