Reviews for Need to Know
Bren Gail chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
This was spectacular. The insight into Callen was wonderful and spot on. I enjoyed reading this story.
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
good take on g's feelings!

gotta say i like nate and i miss him
Aeidhryn chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
More? Can I has more? *Puppyface*

(Yes, I know that was ungrammatical. Sigh.)
Loopylou chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Very nice. :)
keviana chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
This was good, albeit a tad short. Please write another with G and Nate, with Nate being all concerned.
Msedward chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Really good one. I think he is right about "Nate doesn't need to know." Good job
necira-skies chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
I thing that you did a good job of capturing how Callen probably felt in this vignette, and especially showing the differences that are tehre between the ones in the field, like Callen, and the ones in the office, like Nate
frommy6 chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Another wonderful story from Nyiestra. I saw your name and had to read it.

I enjoy your writing. You convey Callen's emotions with depth and poignancy without being melodramatic.

Thanks and look forward to more fics.
cdewinter78 chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
I have been HANGING OUT to read more pieces like this. The internal monalogue that you have going is perfect in my opinion. Callen isn't wantonly reckless, he's afraid of the consequences if Nate starts digging too deeply. This is exactly how I'd picture this scene, and you have both characters very well drawn. This was a great lunch time surprise! :) Thanks for the read! Abi.
ColdSpace616 chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
This is great and you write Nate wonderfully. Love the professional balance and the coworker one between Nate and Callen you got going.

"G is okay with Sam knowing. After all, his partner is the one who forced him to hang on as he bled out on the sidewalk on Pacific Ave, and it’s kind of hard to deny the man he owes his life.

But Nate isn’t Sam. And as much as G knows he wants to help and he means well, Nate isn’t in the field."

I like all the details of what G is keeping from Nate and his rationalization for doing so makes perfect sense. And it shows how much more trust G has for Sam. There's this perfect nugget of emotional impact reading this.
TXJ chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
not sure what Nate would say but Gibbs would say 'atta boy!' with a thump on the shoulder ;-)

Very enjoyable.
Illyria13 chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
I love the way you write Callen. And Nate. And Sam. And everything about the way you write NCIS:LA, lol. I loved this little fic. Even though it was short, it was perfect for it's length. You didn't drag it out or make it seem like anything other than what it was. I liked that.

~"No, Nate. Automatic weapons aimed in my direction don’t scare me at all. Never have.”~

That line is totally Callen! My favorite one that he says.

I think my favorite thing(actually two favorites) is when G talks about Sam and how he knows the important stuff, and how he's the one who NEEDS to know, not Nate. So cute, in a way.

My other part is the last two lines, about sleeping with a gun under his pillow even while in the office. I'd be sleeping with a gun too if I'd been shot. And how he knows/thinks to keep it from Nate is almost paranoid but wonderful.

Honestly, I just love how you write this fandom. So thanks for this short but sweet story. You are an amazing author!

-Illyria
Auraya-of-the-White chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Lovely one shot. Nicely in character, Callen can't spill everything. I love how you write my two favorite characters.