Reviews for Suzumiya Haruhi no Barakeru no Koto
distiellover chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Man I wish I saw this fic before so I could actually read it! The reviews look interesting! Do you mind if you could send me a copy if you still have it?
Durandall chapter 4 . 5/18/2011
This is well written, the characters are consistent...

I can't complain about the technical aspects because it's well done.

Unfortunately, I really don't care for the content. I mean, is it just a deconstruction? Is it just to look at the story and say, "Hey, what if it were unpleasant, instead!"?

The end of Nagato's story, with her implied death kind of really hammered it home for me. I mean, it could be a story about her recovering, but that's all neatly bypassed just to invoke more darkness. Sure, she could have waited. Sure, someone should have reacted to the alarms. Sure, she (really) would have been sedated and unable to do that to herself. Feels a bit forced to me; she could just as easily have not pulled through surgery and it would have been pretty much the same.

So, while I'm somewhat curious as to just how grim Kyon's chapter is ... I'm also not really able to look forward to it. In fact, really, a much more interesting story would be Haruhi's reaction to all of these beyond the single line you use to end the first chapter which pretty much tells us, "The situation will not improve."

I wish I could say more nice things about this story.
Tylec Asroc chapter 4 . 11/1/2010
I began reading your story with the assumption that this would be an alternate retelling of the series: 'what if Ryoko succeeded in her attack on Kyon and, as a result, Haruhi discovered the truth of aliens, time travelers and espers?'

I continued on into chapter two none the wiser. I remember reading that Itsuki described his mannerisms around Haruhi as a 'facade' and that his true personality was rather 'unpleasant'; I assumed the intent of your story was to elaborate on that cruel personality. His raptured worship of young Haruhi seemed appropriate for one who cannonically considers the girl a 'god'.

Then I entered Mikuru's chapter and the scales fell from my eyes - this was a portrait of the Brigade members not as supernatural beings, but traumatized lunatics. It's a fascinating concept, and if you have more interpretations to offer on Kyon and Haruhi, I look forward to reading them!
ByLanternLight chapter 4 . 10/27/2010
This story terrifies me. I don't actually know whether I'll sleep tonight, thanks to this. 6/5.
tar-lungs chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
ever since i read this i've never been able to look at the characters the same way. the great thing is that you make it fit perfectly. i really enjoyed reading this and would love to see the conclusion
gwern chapter 4 . 8/1/2010
I wish this had been perfectly consistent with canon, but I guess that's way too hard to pull off. For example, the best chapter (the Mikuru chapter) simply doesn't work with canon.

Well. I look forward to the next chapter, which is presumably Kyon-oriented.
the aspiring cynic chapter 4 . 7/20/2010
...

No words can describe how I feel after reading this. Now, I think I understand Nagato a lot better. Amazing piece of work. I felt as though these were worthy to be part of the series, even though this is merely another's interpretation. Nagato is by far my favorite character EVER. I don't think there are adjectives fit to describe this. Brilliant!

...
Rahwin chapter 4 . 7/15/2010
Absolutely beautiful. That sums it up pretty nicely. Beautiful.
Netherwood chapter 4 . 7/15/2010
*keels over*

Reading that /hurt/.

I like it. :D

My attention started to flag a bit in Nagato's chapter; I think that's because it's longer than the others and feels more actiony than tragic in places. This little world of Nagato's cult is immersive enough that I started to follow its internal logic, and the fact that it was completely crazy kind of got pushed to the back of my head. And the moment the tragic craziness of the cult gets out of focus, it loses some of its tragic oomph.

Other than that minor critique, stupendous work! I really hope you keep going with this.
zeppelin13 chapter 4 . 7/13/2010
Ugh...this is disturbing and sad... I like it. I think Mikuru's is my favourite, even though the 'time travel' is very confusing to me... (but that's my own fault.)

Will there be a Kyon chapter? That will be fascinating! Please update.
superstarultra chapter 4 . 7/12/2010
Wowza. Pretty gnarly stuff. Interesting AU way of looking at Yuki's past. There were some parts that I didn't get and scenes that I wish were a bit more clear, but it was still pretty great. Cool update.
KHwhitelion chapter 4 . 7/12/2010
...too lazy to log in...

Oh. My. Gosh.

BRILLIANT!

This entire story is just so CREATIVE!

Itsuki, Mikuru, Yuki, I NEVER would have thought to do something like this (especially for mikuru and yuki) I mean, I always pinpointed Kyon as the crazy one...but to read this is just...*Explodes*

Speaking of Kyon...will his chapter come soon too?

:D
Greg Zerich chapter 4 . 7/11/2010
This was a very unique interpretations of Yuki's origins, and very well done as well. It's slightly morose, but compelling as well, and there is a brief glimmer of hope at the end, that she's not gone for good.

I guess that most everyone simply assumed that the interfaces were simply created whole cloth when necessary, perhaps because imagining something like this would be far too dark for the way that the current narration is heading. Still, this was hugely imaginative and I'd say successful origin scenario for her and the rest of them.

I look forward to seeing just what you're going to do with Kyon, and just how this will all culminate.
Arty d'Arc chapter 4 . 7/11/2010
As an exercise in reinvention, this is just tops. The connections to the original canon are few, but it's wildly creative. Nagato's might be my favorite, and probably the clearest. Koizumi and Asahina's had more twists and turns, but by the same token got a bit muddled. Both came together by the end but you had to strain not to get lost (which, I suppose, is not necessarily a bad thing).
Tetsui chapter 4 . 7/11/2010
T_T

Poor, poor Yuki. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this...Kinda.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »