Reviews for Absolucion
philadelphic chapter 2 . 12/27/2009
Such amazing research! I'm utterly fascinated with the Romanian vampires. We should do coffee VERY soon!
philadelphic chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
you made me cry. I could really feel the depth of Carlisle's sadness. And I've always loved the story about the starfish. Thank you for a great chapter.
MsMayfly chapter 2 . 12/23/2009
This is amazing and so detailed. I just finished reading Antithesis and went straight into this story. While I originally mourned the loss of Bellas POV, I do understand why this was neccessary. You have such a talent and I am looking forward to seeing where this story leads. I can't wait to see the Cullens reaction to Rolle's true intentions.
Milalencar chapter 2 . 12/21/2009
And I’m back! I know I still owe you some reviews for Antithesis and I’ve not forgotten. Just need to find a bit more of free time for reading.

SOMEONE HAD WALKED OUT OF THE BLACK SEA.

Heheheh Wonder who it could be. ;)

ONE OF THEM NOW ANSWERED TO THE NAME STEFAN, THOUGH HE HAD LONG AGO FORGOTTEN HIS MORTAL NAME.

Has this got any significance? I think most of the vampires we have seen in canon keep their original names, right? DO you give it some significance that he changed his?

"TU TREBUIE SĂ-ŞI PREZINTE SINGUR IN ORASUL NOSTRU, CAMARAD," VLADIMIR STATED

Impressive! You just translated or do you know Romanian? I love these little details. :)

"WHERE AM I?" HE WHISPERED, STRUGGLING TO KEEP THE QUAVER OUT OF HIS VOICE AND SWALLOWING HARD.

Poor guy! Rolle truly breaks my heart so many times.

"SHE'S NOT HERE," THE STRANGER MUTTERED. "SHE'S NOT HERE."

Oh no! I this just after he got thrown in the ocean by Marcus? After his second “death”?

He is looking for his love, isn’t he?

THE RUMBLING FROM THE EARTH REACHED A CRESCENDO LIKE AN APPROACHING TRAIN.

This is already Rolle’s power getting triggered, right? I wonder if he even realizes what is happening.

"ROLLE!" HE SHOUTED AS A CLOUD OF DUST REPLACED THE OLD TURK.

Oh! Scary! I’d have enjoyed seeing what happened next. :) Bet the “elders” got a little scared themselves.

"YOU DO EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING TO MAKE SURE SHE'S SAFE OR I'LL KICK YOUR FOOLISH HEAD IN. DON'T," HE SAID SLOWLY, GENTLY POKING EDWARD'S CHEST AS HE ENUNCIATED EVERY WORD. "BECOME. ME."

See what I mean? He breaks my heart. I just want to hug him tight till the hurt goes away.

BEFORE HE DISAPPEARED AROUND THE CORNER, HE PAUSED AND LOOKED BACK. "TELL CARLISLE THAT I DIDN'T BREAK MY PROMISE TO HIM. WILL YOU MAKE SURE HE KNOWS THE TRUTH?"

I’m not sure what this will do to Carlisle. It should get him out of this funk, but it will make him die of remorse instead. :P

WITHOUT A WORD, THEY REACHED FOR EACH OTHER AT THE SAME MOMENT, CLASPING THEIR HANDS TOGETHER.

I love your Edward and Bella. They are so beautiful together! :D

"WHAT WAS HE THINKING?" EDWARD HISSED IN IMPOTENT FRUSTRATION. "HOW COULD HE THINK WE'D EVER AGREE TO THIS?"

He probably didn’t really count on them finding out the truth. And since he is a man that keeps his word this was the only way he could both keep his promise to Edward and Bella and to Carlisle.

"WE BOTH KNOW TOO WELL WHAT IT'S LIKE TO ASSUME TO KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR SOMEONE ELSE."

Hahaha He really deserves that one! :D Love it!

AS MORE TIME PASSED, ROLLE FELL INTO HEEL LIKE A WELL-TRAINED GUARD DOG, SILENT AND UNWELCOMING.

That is so wrong. So cruel. Marcus does not deserve to share the same air as Rolle.

ICY WATER PELTED ROLLE'S SERENE FACE. MARCUS MANFULLY YANKED ROLLE OUT OF THE SHOWER AND TURNED IT OFF.

He has no idea who Rolle is, his history (other than his role in his transformation), his needs and such. I’m really feeling the hate for Marcus right now!

INDEED, HE HAD CARED ABOUT VERY LITTLE IN ALMOST SEVENTY YEARS, SINCE DIDYME'S DEATH.

But ironically they do have that in common.

1960

CONSTANTA, ROMANIA

THE ELDERS GASPED AS ONE...

Ah! You are too good to me! Heheheh You always deliver what I ask for. ;)I Wonder what their reaction was and you tell me.

THEIR HISTORY WITH THE ROMAN VOLTURI WAS LONG AND BLACK.

OMG! I just now realized who they are! I thought their names were familiar, but I just now placed it. :P Heheheh I'm a little slow.

IN THIS ONE MAN, THIS YOUTH FROM AMERICA, THE ANCIENT DACIANS SAW THEIR FUTURE ANEW.

Hhm, so here there was no Renesmee and no “battle”, right? So the Cullens really are not acquainted to the Romanians either, right? Will this story be something like that? Big battle or a big confrontation? That will be cool. :D

THE BOY HAD NO IDEA OF WHAT HE HAD DONE?

Why couldn’t he have washed up in a beach near Carlisle? Things would have been so different then. :( But such is life...

Another great and exciting chapter. I must confess I’m enjoying this one even better than Antithesis. ;)
Milalencar chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Yay! Finally gonna read this! The end to Antithesis was so exciting. I do promise to go back and review as soon as possible. :D

WHAT YOU MIGHT FIND SURPRISING, HOWEVER, IS THAT EDWARD'S FRIEND IS AN ASSASSIN. AS ALICE EXPLAINED, 'IT WASN'T LIKE THEY EXCHANGED BUSINESS CARDS.'

But I still don’t understand how they learned about this, that he is an assassin. Did he come right out and tell them? Who hires him? I’d think the Volturi would be the only ones out to do that but Marcus was not even aware of him being “alive”. Is he considered an assassin just because he can so easily kill another vampire? I hope this is all explained ;)

TRUE TO HIS OATH, ROLLE SACRIFICES EVERYTHING — THEIR AFFECTION AND HIS FREEDOM — TO PROTECT EDWARD AND BELLA FROM THE VOLTURI.

That still leaves me so sad. :(

EMMETT WAS FACE DOWN IN THE MUD. HIS ARM WAS AT HIS FEET, A YARD AWAY.

I know it is a very emotional an intense scene, but poor Emmett is always the one getting torn apart when things like this come up. Poor guy. ;)

THAT DAY, THEY WERE QUIET BECAUSE THEY FELT EDWARD WAS MAKING A MISTAKE…

I still have a hard time accepting that the other Cullens allowed Edward to make such a horrid mistake. It is not like they didn’t have anything to do with Bella by then. I have a hard time swallowing that. :P

ON MARCH TENTH, FOUR TERRORISTS ENTERED THE MONTREAL GENERAL HOSPITAL AND DETONATED THE EXPLOSIVES THEY HAD ATTACHED TO THEMSELVES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EMERGENCY ROOM.

Can’t imagine how horrid it would have been if this really happened. :(

CARLISLE HAD TOLD ESME WITH DISBELIEF ABOUT AN UNINJURED BUT FRIGHTENED MAN FLEEING FROM THE DEBRIS WHILE HIS DYING CHILD CRIED FOR HIM BENEATH THE RUBBLE.

But I’m sure there must have been just as many examples of people helping and sacrificing themselves to help others. No?

HE HAD BEEN THE FIRST PERSON OUTSIDE OF THE FAMILY THAT CARLISLE HAD PUT HIS FAITH IN; A FAITH THAT WAS UTTERLY CRUSHED THREE DAYS AGO WHEN ROLLE HAD TURNED ON THEM ALL.

Why hasn’t Edward come to explain the truth behind Rolle’s attitude?

Is that later? I might be a little confused about the time line. How long did it take Edward and Bella to figure everything out?

CARLISLE WANTED TO BELIEVE THAT EDWARD WAS RIGHT ABOUT HIS FRIEND; THAT ROLLE HAD STAGED HIS ATTACK ON THEM TO PROTECT THEM.

Why would they doubt it? I don’t like this! Rolle was very thorough in his role of traitor, that much is true, but after what Edward and Bella discovered, and taking into account all they knew about him, how could they not believe him? :( I feel very sad.

IT HAD BEEN CHARLOTTE AND PETER WHO FIRST SPOKE UNEASILY OF THE RUMORS OF A VAMPIRE ASSASSIN WHO DID NOT WORK FOR THE VOLTURI BUT HUNTED AND KILLED OTHER VAMPIRES: A VAMPIRE WITH UNPARALLELED TRACKING SKILLS.

Ah, maybe I’ll get the explanation now. :D

HE WASN'T A LOST BOY. HE WAS A POWDER KEG WITH A BURNT FUSE. ONE COULDN'T KNOW IF IT WAS SAFE TO APPROACH, UNSURE IF IT MIGHT YET EXPLODE — OR RIP OFF YOUR SON'S ARM.

That is not really true though, is it? Rolle didn’t just snap or something. This was a calculated “freak out”. His intention was convincing Marcus. Maybe he might have gone a little too far with the arm ripping, but still it got the job done. The Cullens are now safe and the Volturi are off their back for now. ;)

"GOOD MORNING, PETAL,"

That is cute! :)

"YOU RETHINK YOURSELF RIGHT THIS MINUTE." SHE PUT HER HANDS ON HER HIPS AND LOOKED STRAIGHT INTO HIS EYES, HER FEAR AT HIS WORDS BURNING LIKE ANGER IN HER.

You go Esme! I think the relationship between the two of them often does not get the deserved credit. Not even in the movies.

"I WANTED ROLLE TO BE A STARFISH," HE ADMITTED SADLY.

I think they are being to glum about this. Who said he isn’t or at least won’t be one? ;)

ESME PULLED BACK AND LOOKED UP INTO HIS FACE, EACH WORD MADE WORSE BY THE SAD CONVICTION SHE COULD HEAR FROM HIM. SHE KNEW SHE COULDN'T BULLY HIM OUT OF HIS ENNUI; SHE'D ONLY MAKE IT WORSE IF SHE TRIED.

It is one of those things that you either let the person work out on their own, or you literally show them how they can be wrong. :)

Like they say, actions speak louder than words.

"WE'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE. WE WANT TO CATCH ROLLE AT THE AIRPORT AND TALK TO HIM," BELLA BEGAN WHEN EDWARD DID NOT.

Ah... So they still haven’t verified Bella’s and Edward’s theory. Hope Carlisle gets off this funk after this. *fingers crossed*

I CAN'T ACCEPT THAT ALL OF THIS WAS SIMPLY AN ELABORATE MACHINATION SO ROLLE COULD JOIN THE VOLTURI.

Especially since I’m sure the Volturi would have taken him without that anyway. They are always willing to recruit any powerful vampire they can get their hands on, right? Even if he has lost most of his faith, Carlisle is still an intelligent person.

OMG! This whole thing with Carlisle is breaking my heart. He is my favorite character in the entire saga. He is the kind of man I’d love to have beside me. Forget Team Edward or Team Jacob (although I’d take either as a second choice ;) LOL), I’m Team Daddy C!

SHE UNDERSTOOD WHERE IT CAME FROM.

That really feels real, the actions and reactions of both of them; the pain and anguish, the anger, fear and love. :) Beautiful.

HE OPENED HIS EYES OBEDIENTLY AND HIS BREATH STILLED IN HIS CHEST AT THE ABSOLUTES HE SAW IN HER EYES.

I love them like this, so much more can be lived when they are equals. Not that she needed to be turned to achieve that. But I think it was necessary for them specifically. Only as vampire did Bella feel this confident and only like this does Edward give her the proper “respect” as an equal half of this couple, even if he still slips here and there. ;)

THOUGH THE JOURNEY WAS NOT NEW TO HIM, EDWARD WAS ALWAYS STUNNED BY THE WAY THEIR BODIES CAME TOGETHER PERFECTLY.

This might be one of the most beautiful descriptions of love making I’ve read so far. I almost forgot they are having sex, I just “hear” the love. Amazing! *bows*

HIS HANDS FELT NUMB AND WEAK AS HE SLID THEM OVER HER SIDES AND WRAPPED HIS ARMS AROUND HER. HE WHISPERED, "MINE."

SHE PRESSED A KISS ONTO HIS CHEST THEN LAY HER CHEEK OVER HIS QUIET HEART. "YOURS."

I’m kind of teary eyed right now. Beautiful. :)

Wow! Wonderful beginning. I can’t wait to see where you will take us with this one. :)
baynewen chapter 2 . 12/21/2009
I love Rolle and his motivation, he is so unstable though and to have rattled Carlisle the way he did is very disturbing. But I'm very interested to hear what the Romanian connection will be, this could get very complex.

I wonder what the Cullens will do, after Edward and Bella share what Rolle is doing?

Damn you are good! I love this story, the flawless storyline, which is complex and subtle, the emotional elements and phsyical environments you create are so vivid, that I hate it when a chapter comes to an end.

Happy Holidays!
reeb.myoo chapter 2 . 12/21/2009
I WANNA BE A PREVIEWER! Because then I will be able to see it before everyone else ;) I love the intensity of this story, and how twisted it is. You make an incredibly hard story to write seem effortless, and it just is AMAZING! I really really love it.

One question (I think I'm going for one random question per review at this rate), why is it called Absolucion? Because I know that AbsoluTion is the forgiveness in the sacrament of reconciliation, and absolución is the same, but in spanish, but is this the reason it's called that? It makes sense, I guess. I think I'm just probably too tired to think it through properly. Or I ave to wait until the story develops more ;)

Anyway, I've been drabbling. I loved the chapter, and please update as soon as you can, because it's incredible.
sunfire04 chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
That was a great first chapter. Poor Carlisle :(, his faith is so shaken. I look forward to the next chapter :)
reeb.myoo chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
Wow, what a freaking amazing start to the story! One question, how do you pronounce Rolle? I LOVE THIS!
squalloogal chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Holy Shit Mouse

I am sorry I can't give you the flame I promised.

I am left without a funny or hurtful bone in my body.

Jeebus that was so well written.

So well crafted.

Simpathetic and heart wrenching.

Way to good for the flame...

Oh all right a little flame

ube sux way bad itwas good mother fricker you fricken suched that shit hard what the frick where you thinking I don't know why you write cause you suck to good at it FRICKERR.

There feel better? Lubs you Long Time 3
baynewen chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
This was an absolutely beautiful beginning to the sequel.

I love Antithesis is was a story that was heart wrenching and heart warming!

Absolucion I think is going to be even better! The warmth of the family that you have shown in this chapter and the depth of human emotion that the Cullens experience is amazing. They are a family like no other, and Carlisle just has to remember that together they can endure or deal with anything.

Bella and Edward's relationship to me is iconic, and you have once again reaffirmed that belief with the slow sensual reaffirmation of their universe. You created a beautiful, tasteful, sensuous and startling touching scene, a true romantic interlude in a world gone crazy!

I love your writing and look forward to the next chapter!
LolaShoes chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Well, Carlisle needs cheering and I LOVE THIS CHAPTER so here goes...

My favorite parts:

"Carlisle believed it was because they were immortal that they could see the Lord's plan unfold over time: that mortals simply lived in a blink of God's eye and were not around long enough to see the greater good of his work."

I love this because it sets so many things in motion. Carlisle's thoughts about their role, and you know that he spends so much time finding his place in the world. I love how he tries to find the good. It makes it that much more heartbreaking when he loses sight of that pin of light.

"No matter how he imagined it, though, the death of so many and the selfishness of panicked and frightened people could not be in God's greater plan."

Exactly. And at some point, this need to see the good would have to be tipped in Carlisle, because the world is not always good and not always sensical. How devastating for someone who has put so much effort into seeing the positive. It's almost like he has lost his reserves.

"It turned out that Rolle concealed much more craft than anyone had realized. He wasn't a lost boy. He was a powder keg with a burnt fuse. One couldn't know if it was safe to approach, unsure if it might yet explode — or rip off your son's arm."

I love the powder keg reference. I love the idea of Rolle either being fabulously good and vulnerable and needing care, or insidious. He would be the ultimate weapon and hides behind such a fantastic mask of innocence.

"He closed his eyes and shook his head. The motion was slow and weary. She didn't have the heart to scold him for not taking care of himself."

Here is where you can really tell that third person was the perfect POV for this multi-character fic. I see so much of Esme here. I love it.

Carlisle hesitated, not really wanting to admit the truth to his wife, but unable to do anything else. "Maybe I was just hoping to have a little sit-down with God."

She held him tighter. "What would you talk about?"

God, I don’t know why but this totally affects me. It’s like, the best communication of the age of their marriage is communicated in this exchange RIGHT HERE. He’s so raw and aching, and she just knows him so well. I love how that comes through here.

“She knew she couldn't bully him out of his ennui; she'd only make it worse if she tried. She cupped his cheeks in her hands, holding his gaze, but the dullness she feared was there in his apologetic eyes. She petted him, stroking his hair back from his face before leaning in to kiss him. She tried to stir the passion in him, deepening her kiss, but his heart was too heavy to do more than offer his lips to hers.”

Again, third person POV is awesome. You really feel the weight of what he is feeling through her reaction. So well done.

“She understood where it came from. Things he treasured, people important to him, felt like they were slipping away, out of his control to stop it. He had to reassure himself that the single most essential person in his life was still there, still safe, still protected.”

I love everything about ExB and I especially love how they use each other for grounding. I don’t mean “use” in the negative sense, I guess I mean “rely upon”. When he’s lost or somehow untethered, he finds that grounding in her. It’s just…guh. So good. I love it.

Great first chapter bb! I’m so excited for this story, especially since I know what is coming! Whe!
original audience chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Well, I have to do my part to cheer up sad Carlisle. :)

Reading this chapter again, and watching Edward's reaction to Carlisle's depression it reminded me of the point in every child's life when they realize their parents aren't the strongest and don't have all the answers. For Edward, it's a necessary part of growing up.

Still it was so sad and moving to see Esme and the rest of the family coping with Carlisle's internal crisis. Maybe the family will be stronger for it?

Anyway, thanks for writing!
283 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19