Reviews for Absolucion
Elise de Sallier chapter 13 . 2/23/2011
This story just keeps getting better and better. I'm so impressed I'm gobsmacked. And intrigued of course...
Elise de Sallier chapter 12 . 2/23/2011
oh Rolle... Oh Rachel - I get the feeling she might just be a sidenote to his story, his 'Jacob' for a moment but I feel so sad.

I loved Edward's technique for calming Bella - so apt for these two. And poor Esme - her fear and anguish were palpable.
Elise de Sallier chapter 11 . 2/23/2011
I've been a counsellor for a long time and I thought that description of depression was incredibly honest and real. I love this family and the way you are giving us a wonderful insight into the depth of their bonds and the quality of their characters.

Alice's vision and Edward's response - chills down my spine...

Rolle's fairwell - aarghhh... - agony...

Then... way to go Esme! I'm really enjoying seeing her playing a larger role in the life of the family. She gets a bit lost sometimes.
Elise de Sallier chapter 10 . 2/23/2011
Idon't know what it says about me but I found Carlisle and Esme's love scene a bit disturbing at first. Silly really - I guess I'm used to thinking of them through the filter of Edward and Bella's perspective and relative youth - well appearance of youth.

The discussion/confrontation with the Romanians was fascinating, ramping up the tension and building a sense of dread. Oh and Alice's forewarning - oooh... chilling.

You really are a tremendously talented writer. Have you ever published outside of fanfiction? I'm looking forward to reading the other stories you have written. And thank you so much for your responses to my reviews - not used to that! - it's quite a treat.
Elise de Sallier chapter 9 . 2/23/2011
I'm sorry but Marcus and Aro discussing margarine flavoured blood and the benefits of harvesting organic farmers? - #** hysterical! Try explaining those hysterics to your husband though - not happening.

Then straight on to the poignancy of Carlisle's depression and Edward's concern. I loving this insight into their relationship, the way the weight of the history they've shared permeates the story.

And then we have Edward and Bella - midnight to six. I consider myself pretty darn lucky to still be in love with my husband after almost 30 years but these two? Imagine feeling that level of burning, uncontrollable desire every night as if it was the very first night - phew... Its a good thing they've got six hours to quench the flames! - well usually. These two are too good hearted to forget their friend for very long.

Then back to the truly delectable romance between Rolle and Rachel. I feel somehow disloyal but I'm more interested in it than Edward and Bella at the moment (I know, I know - how dare I say such a traitorous thing!)
Elise de Sallier chapter 8 . 2/23/2011
Gosh - I just loved this chapter. I love the intrigue and the layers and the way you're slowly tieing all the different pieces together. The blossoming romance between Rolle and Rachel is tender and beautiful. I can't help wondering what is really going on in Rolle's mind though. Is this 'moment in time' significant to him or like his music, just a way to escape his overwhelming pain for a little while - a temporary break from the grief. I have a suspicion that's all he thinks it will be and that he's assuming as soon as he leaves Rachel behind, Gillian's memory will consume him leaving no room for anything else. I hope he is wrong. I like Rachel - what little we know of her. I hope she will be the catalyst that allows Rolle to begin to heal and even move on - doesn't fit with the whole 'soul mates - half of the same whole - never to be found again' scenario. Guess I'll just have to wait and see!
tuelles chapter 23 . 2/22/2011
I loved your story. Found it through the Vampies nominees and loved your creativity and Rolle. He's a wonderfully unique and interesting character that you can't help but root for. And it's nice to see Caius being put in his place, evil bastard!
Elise de Sallier chapter 6 . 2/21/2011
And he did it so well... That was extraordinary.
Elise de Sallier chapter 5 . 2/21/2011
Okay... we're heading a little further off canon now. I don't remember Vladimir being so badly disfigured. Tough way to learn his lesson though!
Elise de Sallier chapter 4 . 2/21/2011
Oh wow! I can see why this won all sorts of awards. That was amazing. I so hope these two meet up again but I don't think I should hold my breath somehow. Still if wishes were fishes...
Elise de Sallier chapter 3 . 2/21/2011
Rolle's back story is so fascinating. Also great to explore the history and motivations of the Romanian vamps. YOu have a wonderful gift for research and adding layer upon layer, giving your story such rich depths.
Elise de Sallier chapter 2 . 2/21/2011
I am so impressed by the details and the research that you've put into this story. It's intriguing, challenging and exciting all at once.
Elise de Sallier chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
Great insights into Carlisle's worldview and perceptions - and a fairly understandable crisis of faith considering his recent experiences though I wonder that it has taken so long to occur. Maybe in the past his focus was so much on the needs of others, his family and quite probably his concern for Edward's loneliness that he was distracted from his own fears and doubts. A 'mid life crisis' at 350 instead of 50?

PS - you write very steamy, heartfelt lemons. Whew!
thepinktabby chapter 23 . 2/17/2011
Oh my word... Wow Brilliantly written! I love the different POV's and how lost Carlisle was until he realized that what he was searching for was always in front of him. I adored how lost Rolle found himself. *Grin*

Thanks!
mgefanfiction chapter 23 . 12/21/2010
Wonderful story! Thanks so much for sharing it!
282 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »