Reviews for Giving Up the Ghosts
Hergan chapter 51 . 6/12
You are a powerful storyteller. Every time I read something you write I come away with a new understanding that I didn't have before hand. I really enjoy reading your works. I really like your mini essays about storytelling at the beginning of your chapters. And I hope that I'm able to somewhat take to heart that the past doesn't predicate the future, and that change is possible in my own life too.

As always, thank you for sharing!
G-chan7 chapter 51 . 4/2
It took me a few days to read the whole thing, but it was so worth it! Both the characterization and the story itself were wonderful; I haven't found many fanfictions this good in this fandom. Great job!
Nachzes Black-Rider chapter 51 . 3/13
This story was truly beautiful. I am awed, inspired, and humbled by the sheer length of it (and the length of time it took to write!). I loved reading it, and eagerly await the next instalment of "Return to Romance" for my next dose of Nenya85 crack.
Bloodyrose125255 chapter 51 . 10/23/2014
In a way I regret reading this story because now there's an empty hole in my heart...but on the bright side, that means that the story had enough (make that a huge amount) impact on me to make me feel this way. Hahaha, I won and lost this game. Anyway, I absolutely-positively encourage anyone who is intimidated by the amount of chapters this story has, to read it. By the time you're done, you'll wish there was more. All in all, I loved this story. It was extremely well thought-out and wonderfully written, though there were a few spelling mistakes that can be easily fixed. I do hope you continue writing such captivating stories!
cuddlykids chapter 51 . 2/11/2014
You just... I finally got myself to read this and can I just say, my feels what are you doing with them. The characters of Yu-Gi-Oh! have always been so deep and complex, and as usual, you've handled them brilliantly. I love how you explore them so well. I especially like your version of Yami. Everyone more or less seems to get Kaiba but Yami is always different. In any case, I also really enjoyed the interactions, between characters who never did get a chance to meet. Or at least get a chance to say much to each other.

And sorry, I'm dead tired because I spent the last few (several, this was long) hours blitzing through this. Am I making any sense anymore asldkfjalskdjf I'm swaying in my seat okay I think I'll find a bed now _
l.h.o.o.q chapter 51 . 2/3/2014
I cannot believe I missed the ending to this. Nenya, I... this will sound funny, but every time I would see an update from you, even if I didn't always leave a review, I got very happy. Kaiba is one of the toughest people to write, it my opinion. Making his character MOVE is difficult. Giving Yugi's friends their just due, I (sigh.) There's a reason, aside from it including my favorite pairing in the show, that I was always happy to see an update on this one. Congratulations, love. And thank you for everything.
scrooge25 chapter 51 . 1/25/2014
It has been awhile since I've read Yugioh fanfiction. A lot of my favorite authors in that department have found other interests. That's why it was such a relief to check in and find a story I'm familiar with.

A Yugioh Wizard of Oz story where the roads aren't paved with yellow bricks but self-discovery. I've appreciated its blend of adventure, romance, and philosophical insights. I can relate to a lot of the things this story talks about. The rich flavor of living. Thank you for sharing.
halowing chapter 51 . 11/20/2013
Another great story ending. Enjoyed the happy ending. You left some room for a sequel. Looking forward to your next story.
Guest chapter 51 . 11/8/2013
Ooooo i can't wait for you to write again! Love this story. I can't believe it's finished.
bnomiko chapter 51 . 11/8/2013
Funny as it sounds, I think this is the happiest ending you've done yet. Kaiba sounds about as well adjusted here as I've ever seen him, Yugi's got Anzu... and even though Pegasus and (poor) Noa are staying behind, Pegasus got what he was looking for and even Noa's found some sense of peace that feels a little more permanent than what he was left with in canon. There's really a sense of resolution here, the feeling that everyone involved can start moving towards their futures.

Or long story short, I like happy endings : D So thank you : D

(I'm not even going to ask for a epilogue this time, aren't you relieved?)
AyaSeth chapter 51 . 11/7/2013
Congratulations on finishing "Giving Up the Ghosts"! It has been a fun ride. I'm definitely looking forward to your upcoming stories. Thank you for being awesome. :D
Mistal chapter 51 . 11/7/2013
SalaciousCrumb chapter 51 . 11/7/2013
...and so it's complete! In a lesser way than yourself I am sure - I am really going to miss this story, the updates have always been something I've looked forward to.

Though the initial ideas behind your tale were straightforward - the twists and turns of the plot, and the nuances you brought to the characters were incredibly intricate - and providing your work for us to read was a fabulous gift. I've loved it... and the way it all tied together at the finish was both fitting and satisfying.

I will always be looking out for anything you write, so am very eagerly awaiting your next venture, I'm particularly keen on the romance idea :)

Thanks so much for all the hours of pleasure.
Will pm.
EvilMidget6 ;)
dragonlady222 chapter 51 . 11/7/2013
I am sad this is ending. I have enjoyed reading it very much. Bnomiko is awesome. It's too bad tha Noa had to stay behind, though. He and Mokuba could have been great friends.
Sylindara chapter 51 . 11/7/2013
It's finally finished! I remember reading the first chapter as it came out for no reason than because your Newly Risen Book of the Dead made me love Prideshipping, and now it's been four years! I'm feeling nostalgic already :)

I will definitely be keeping an eye out on any new fics of yours, but dare I hope that Return to Romance is a sequel to this? Or that a sequel with Yami in the Modern World is in the works someday?