Reviews for Edge of Forever
Firebird Scratches chapter 1 . 2/17
This is so sad...and yet, somehow so hopeful...shows that even when life is hard, and miserable, it's still better than...not-life, I guess you would call it. The kind of stale, not-life that he's got there...poor Donnie.
iwantyourovaries chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
This was so sad and bittersweet and utterly perfect. I absolutely loved it!
Scribe of Turesa chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
"sniffs" sad...but good...

-Lon
Toraus chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Sad day good story. -
Happy Stalker Ball chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Wow. I don't really know how to express in words how heartbreaking and touching this story was. It was so sad and just tragic. It was well-written and I felt so horrible for Don the whole time and even for Renet.

And when his brothers got older and he realized that he would be watching them die and how the visits didn't come as often. Wow, that was just so sad.

You're a great writer, you really tug at the reader's feelings!
RenaRoo chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
This is absolutely amazing! I can't believe that I have yet to read this one of your stories. I mean, wow! It's the absolute greatest tragedy I have read in such a long time. Truly, the shift of catharsis and morals is more like that of a Greek play than it is a fanfiction!

I have been a fan of your works for quite some time, Amicitia, and I should have been reviewing for your stuff earlier but I'll start making up for it. Obviously, as this story has showed me, I can't risk missing any!

Truly fantastic. Great work!

~Turtlefreak121
kktt chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
all i can say is- wow.

that was one of the best tmnt one shots i've ever read.

great job!
KameTerra chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
I have to admit, I hesitated before I clicked this link…but by the end of the story, I was really glad I had. The style was simple, yet I found it very emotional and thought-provoking. A new twist on the oft-used young and tragic death for one of the turtles. It made me wonder—why did Renet go to all that trouble in hopes of prolonging Don’s life? It made me feel like there was something deeper there. Would she have done all of that for any of them, or was there something special about Don?

I really liked the thought you put into this scenario, that Don would remain “trapped” as a teenager, while his brothers, now with new lives, grew and matured. It was so…sad, that they got to see one another, but they ceased to be able to really relate to one another. Renet was so honest when asked whether his family could visit, and she said, ‘yes, but you won’t like it’.

Don’s fear of death was very true and real, too. What 15 year old, faced with the knowledge that their days were numbered, wouldn’t give anything to be given a chance to keep living? And of course, his family felt the same way, no matter the consequences. Yet obviously, he matured enough to realize that there WERE some things worse than death. Don’s choice to return to real time was both sad and brave. Once again, Renet hit the nail on the head when she told him he could stay in Nulltime as long as he could stand it.

All in all, a very good read! The only critique I have is that I could have done without the bits of narration, which I found rather cheesy. I do understand that you probably needed something to break up the scenes, but to have the narrator speaking to the actual reader kind of disrupted the impact and tone of the story. I wasn't sure if the narrator was supposed to be Don, but if so, it didn't really sound like him to me.

I also think it would have been a cool avenue to explore if Don had been able to watch over his family's lives with some gadget of Renet's, without leaving Nulltime.

Anyway, I’d really, really like to see more work from you about the TMNT! Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

KameTerra
zenonaa chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
No no fair. :L I want to give Don a cure. D'x *gives Don a cure*

I liked it; it was sad.
Tauni chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
I am so uber pleased to see you on ! As good as SS is, at least here I can fav things and keep them forever (or until you delete them T_T) in my favorites box!

I have loved all of your fics over at SS (another silent viewer, usually, but the excitement of seeing you over here has given me much muse to comment haha) and when I read this one when you posted it (... last week? I forget.) I loved it, its epic. Beautiful and elegant with much sadness at the whole idea of it.

I think my favorite part of this is near the end, when Don talks about how at first the meetings where just strange and then they get downright awkward with his brothers living on and having families. Part of me wants to read a oneshot about their side of the story, of the new life they're leading in the new place with a piece of them missing. But it's not necessary to complete this story, not at all.

I hope that you post more of your stories here (paperwallsplzplzplz:D) so I can fav them and xD Can't wait to see more from you, I can sincerely say that I look at SS for two things: Lost and Found and you xD -dont be creeped out I swear I'm a good citizen-

~Tauni
Low-Key chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
Beautifully melancholy.

It's a nice new angle on the idea of immortality, as the most popular form is where a character doesn't age and die while having external stimulus so they can still grow and change emotionally and mentally.

It makes you think if it was really the better choice. He and his brothers can still see each other, but his brothers are gaining new experiences while his environment is static. They just become strangers since he can't watch them change gradually and so they can't relate to each other anymore.

It's a wonderfully written piece and I hope to see more of your work.
Willowfly chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
*Squeals* You finally made it onto FFN! And now I have the opportunity to leave you a proper review.

This story is so unique and refreshing, just as most of your stories tend to be. Honestly, I've seen the whole turtle-gets-terminal-illness spiel done to death and back again. But I don't think I've ever seen this type of spin on it.

Null time... what a concept. It seems popular fanfiction has forgotten about Renet and her abilities for the most part. But now that I've read this, thinking of her in this type of situation just seems like a no-brainer. I wonder why no one's thought of it before.

Alas, it makes your story that much more enjoyable.

Also, I'm usually so opposed to breaking the fourth wall, especially in fics. It always seems so jarring. But the way you've written it is GLORIOUS! And the ending, especially the last line...oh man, such emotion!

Even though I know you haven't read all the comics, I feel I have to throw a quote at you. This story is a prime example of when "Life at best is bittersweet."

*Muah*

As I've said before, I adore your writing and look forward to seeing more of you around! ;D

Much Love,

Willowfly
Mondhexe chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Great oneshot reminds me of Gullivers in the hall of the immortals. immortality always has a price.