Reviews for The Summer Sword
mutive chapter 7 . 1/23/2011
OMG, I hadn't realized that you were continuing this. (Yargh, why do you taunt me this way? OK, never mind...I just...missed it, I guess, in between holidays and such. Note to self...add alerts generously.)

This is such a wonderful update. I really love Cauthrien's utter confusion, combined with her utter loyalty - such a perfect internal reflection of what we see in that cut scene. And the scene with the brandy is perfect. After Ostagar, I'd be doing the same thing, no doubt.
mutive chapter 8 . 8/14/2010
Ah, how I like this. Sexy. Intelligent. Perfectly in character for both of them. There's something delightful in the hero worship turned to more, and the peculiar relationship (and rumors) between the two that is hinted at in the game (but never made explicit).
hopelessromantic34 chapter 8 . 6/29/2010
this is a interasting story and cant wait for the next installment
Zute chapter 8 . 5/25/2010
I think this might be my favorite story thus far. I've always really liked Loghain as a character and you really captured his essence and all the elements that were very, very subtle in the game. Not long after my first play through I became aware that Loghain wasn't so much evil as mistaken and misguided. It's like his brain is running hero version 1.0 and he badly needs an upgrade.

I actually had thought this story was completed so I was really happy when I reread it you had added more. Yay!
Infernal00 chapter 8 . 5/18/2010
Really nice to see Cauthrien point of veiw.

Wished we could have seen more of her in D.A.

Thank you anyway.
Midnight Strike chapter 8 . 5/15/2010
I think this story is so much grittier than even the Cousie/Nate story. There's a serious and very dark undertone to this entire piece. I love it. I'm just waiting for the unraveling of their relationship when she continues to question and to doubt.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 8 . 5/15/2010
Once again, sad and lovely. The bannorn really are pack of jerks, of course-clinging to their privileges and blind to everything else, like petty nobles throughout history. And its so tragic that Howe got his hooks into Loghain. I still blame blood magic (because that's less painful than other reasons).
NotLaura chapter 8 . 5/14/2010
Phone review, whee!

Tas, I love thus chapter. I love this story. Your loghain and your cauthrien... guh.

So perfect.
Sagacious Rage chapter 8 . 5/14/2010
I love how they both say so much with so little. I can just imagine Cauthrien's eventual confrontation with a babbling Alistair.
Piceron chapter 8 . 5/14/2010
I'm trying to pull out what it really is I like about this chapter, but I can't tie it down to just one thing. I think it is the way the whole thing flows together. I can just about see the black cloud of doom over Cauthrien's head as this chapter progresses. From the initial Landsmeet scene, her having to go out in the field against the Bannorn, coming back and finding Howe, Zevran, Loghain's drinking, it just all builds the angst exquisitely! Wonderful.
Kimbo42 chapter 8 . 5/14/2010
Oh the delicious angst. I really love this. Plus cameos from Teagan and Zevran, this reader is happy.
Lilith Morgana chapter 8 . 5/14/2010
Ah, the angst of this part of the game plot is just... gah. Delicious in itself, of course, and made even better in your story because we get to see Cauthrien's side of it. Yay!
Alairas chapter 8 . 5/14/2010
Like many people I'm sure, I never really liked either of these characters in the game. Even so, I love this story. The interactions between Loghain and Cauthrien, the reasons for doing the things they did, they really help to paint them as real people, not just the "bad guys." Oh, and I love how you got to include Zevran, even if just in passing :-)
eboncat chapter 7 . 4/18/2010
Wow, this is really well written! I don't even like the characters in question, and I was glued to the monitor until I had read the whole thing through twice!

Well done :-) Adding this to my allerts
Piceron chapter 7 . 4/17/2010
This is very well done. I really like how you showed the reason for what Loghain did at Ostagar. I'm looking forward to more.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »