Reviews for A Study of Cliches
quokka chapter 2 . 5/9
This was too funny. First chapter was good, the second was downright hilarious. A whole paragraph of zivaisms, the missed proposals, 8 babies...I'm still grinning as I write this.
plaincrazysuckup chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
on "too soo L-word use" i totally agree, but there is someone who does this... ted mosby.
ncisloverinnc chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
.Gee. I don't know what was better- the fact that you identified all the worst cliches, or made a hilarious fic out of them. This was awesome!
rumpleswagskin chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
ohhh my god...

YES YES YES YES YESSS!

i TOTALLY and COMPLETELY agree with you!

they have been done sooooooo much, especially the "tongues fighting for dominance" bit.

yeugh.

LOL
Anonymous chapter 2 . 4/6/2010
From the moment the 8 babies were mentioned, I couldn't stop laughing. Great story and I totally agree on the cliches
Viper003 chapter 2 . 3/1/2010
Loved it!

Fantastic job, absolutely hilarious!
outtabreath chapter 2 . 2/15/2010
So funny and satisfying. You do NOT know how much I enjoyed this (while inwardly asking myself if I'd engaged in any of these unpardonable cliches in my fics for other fandoms. I haven't, BTW. Made of win!) - and I will be directing folks over here every time I get a request to write a fic with one of these (most likely candidate: babies with Names We Saw Coming A Mile Away).

slow office clap
HAAH chapter 2 . 1/27/2010
HAHAHA

this ius all SO true...

I love the oh and i think i see the janitor over there

man U ROCK
time.forgets chapter 2 . 1/20/2010
LOVED this. It is so true about all of these ) And I cracked up so bad at the having eight babies and the naming them after everyone. It's like Harry Potter and Twilight all over again :S Great job it was extremely funny! Jules
zatl chapter 2 . 1/18/2010
We laughed together then, at just how ridiculous it could be. Really? A television show about us? Who would want to watch a show about Navy cops?

that cracked me up.

haha.

this whole thing cracked me up, actually.

just like the previous chapter, you did a good job of exaggerating all the clich├ęs in fanfiction... well, some of them anyway. (my favorite was the 8 kids, that was just great)

awesome story : )
LordMaster6 chapter 2 . 1/17/2010
Ha ha ha! I'm guilty of a couple, I think a lot of Tiva writers are guilty of a couple of these.

The one that really annoys me is the honorable mention from chapter one, about how every kiss sounds the same... how is it possible that people can write exactly the same thing and not be copying and pasting each other's work? I sense a huge conspiracy here.
Blahblahblah987 chapter 2 . 1/15/2010
I just had to laugh at "Who would watch a show about navy cops?"
crimeshowsaremygame chapter 2 . 1/9/2010
YOU WROTE MORE? Wow. Is it my birthday?

"I'm seriously going to be a father.

Holy fucking shit"

that made me crack up. and it was awkward trying to explain to my brother what I was giggling away at.

Thankyou for making my day. again.

the office proposalmy pet hate. though, i'll admit, despite the cliche, i have so much love for the idea of a proposal in the middle of a firefight.

God help us all if they ever do any monumental events in the show in the way you've written. The pre-teen fangirls might just explode with the excitment of it all.
crimeshowsaremygame chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
*wipes tears of joy from eyes*

where has this fic been my entire life? you made my day. possibly my year.

I hate cliches almost as much as I hate poor grammar, people who lack the ability to differenciate between 'your' and 'you're' and capitalize proper nouns, and the substitution of 'u' for 'you'.

You read my mind. I'm sure you did.

I can't thank you enough.

much love!
Questioning.Silence chapter 2 . 1/6/2010
Even better than the last, in my opinion. Thanks for the sequel!

K