Reviews for Trust in God, or, The Riddle of Kyon
Atheist chapter 2 . 6/8
I win
Ado Edem chapter 2 . 5/28
That cliffhanger! That suspense! Just hang a noose over my neck already! I enjoyed this, and once Kyon began to try and wake her up I was shocked.
gecoma chapter 2 . 4/17
WELL FUCK.

That was amazing.
humble servent chapter 2 . 1/21
... Words... They... I cant even... So beautiful. You dear sir or mam are an artist of the highest level. Haruhi praise you.
oblivionraptor chapter 2 . 10/22/2014
Good short story. Is there more? Cos I would like to read it
Cassie chapter 2 . 7/5/2014
Strange..interesting..and very disconcerting
Waywardneko chapter 2 . 4/26/2014
...This is perfect. Absolutely perfect.
Entraya chapter 2 . 3/12/2014
If someone ever dare to claim that Rationalists have no shred of romance in them, I will show them this story and thus the incorrectness of their generalization. This was beautiful. I'm afraid that my ability to use words doesn't allow me to fully express it, so the single concept of 'beautiful' will have to make do. Should i ever become better, I might return and amend it
anon chapter 2 . 2/2/2014
That was very well written, and you got Kyon's line of thinking down fairly well. My only problems are that
A: I don't seen Kyon as being quite so philosophical, (but hey, this is 2 years later, things change,) and
B: I like the Kyon is God theory better (which is an opinion of course, and says nothing of your writing ability).
Great work, would have been nice to have seen a continuation but this resolves things fairly well and leaves the ending up the the reader, which is always nice to see.
Writingathing chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Make that existential/catastrophic risk.
Writingathing chapter 2 . 12/30/2013
Kyon doesn't seem very concerned about systemic risk, does he?
marduk-report chapter 2 . 12/26/2013
...but i want to emphasise that, despite what i said in the first review, this was really very well done, and i think it was ended in the correct fashion.
marduk-report chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
It is a well written story, and an interesting concept. For me, however, the logic is unsound (and you had the great misfotune of my reading your story in an introspective mood)

To my mind, Haruhi would specifically have to know that they are "G"od for their disbelief to potentially nullify themselves, which they could not do as "the" sufficient being. God could not knowingly deny its own existence. By contrast, an unknowing god could not, through the denial of the concept "god", end their own existence or that of existence itself, on account of their notion of god being an "other" that they are negating; they are negating an inherited notion that is not necessarily related to their own existence, and as such there would be no problem, because the god being negated is not themselves.

Effectively, Haruhi the unknowing God could negate the notion of "god" through her disbelief in it without repercussions, even if that notion is of an omnipotent and omnipresent god, because that definition of god is still different from the definition of "The God" of Haruhi's universe, and is thus external to and dependent upon her, whereas her own Godhood, by dint of being an attribute of Haruhi, must necessarily exist as long as she does.
ScarletEdge98 chapter 2 . 12/18/2013
THIS. IS. AMAZING.
very frustrated about the abrupt ending but whatever.
lesser fairy chapter 2 . 12/1/2013
unbelievable. amazing. truly remarkable. i can't say i expected that. not in the least. this has got to be one of the best 'power reveal' stories out there. i really didn't expect kyon to be such a schemer. the way he roped everyone into it was just...something else. also the open ended ending was just perfect. the way he broke the news to haruhi and haruhi's reactions... all of it. i was half expecting kyon to jump ship after the whole 'you're god' bit. like saying 'you are god to me' or something. but this was just so much better. although, if she DID rewrite the universe just to bring kyon back, would it be just to the start of that day? and would everything that happened be a dream? maybe. maybe not. that sure was one heck of a gambit though. great job!