Reviews for The Twilight Before Christmas
NaginiFay chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
0.o That is an unusual Christmas story indeed. It is very well done!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Oh, nicely done. Snape was lucky he wasn't eviscerated and left as a warning to other fools silly enough to believe legends-or love, for that matter. We all know what happened to him in the end because he did.

Good one-shot.
MissCorker chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Here is your review:

FASCINATING

Merry (late) Christmas.

For the New Year...dare I request...More of this?
MollyCoddles chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Snape being mistaken for a Hufflepuff? Oh the horror! lol That was my favorite moment of this little fic. I can just see the expression on his face. Priceless. Snape singing and gathering flowers only adds to the charm.

A fic that makes my day. :)
Itsa Mia chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
I liked this but I'm sick so i won't elaborate _
rara999 chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
Originality!

*drops to ground, salivating*

Thank you very, very much. We can't tell you how /annoying/ it is to plough through tale after tale of Dumbledore deciding to hold another Yule Ball, and the resulting Rose Bush dramas and 'tab A slot B' mechanics.

This really brightened our day.

Let's see . . . our three favourite things.

1) The rhyme at the start. It made us smile, and contrasted nicely with the opening paragraph. The contrast kept our interest up.

2) Severus' characterisation.

For some reason, we were particularly struck by the fact that he only knows one song. This was an appropriate touch. We also enjoyed his indignation at being labelled a Hufflepuff. :P

3)The story! Sometimes, OCs send us running. If they're bad, they are either blatant self-inserts, or wish-fulfilment, generally at the expense of canon characters. We appreciated the use of Fina as a function.

Well done!

RA
WriterMerrin chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Snape, Lily, Vampires, Christmas. So many of my favorite things in one story, and brilliant use of Bane.
Valmarien chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
That was certainly unusual, and well crafted. The way you write Severus is highly effective. He sounds his usual middle-aged, cynical self. So far so good until the reader realises he's barely sixteen, and then it becomes hearbreaking. I liked the idea of him being taught Legilimency from a dark, chaotic being. It suits his character well.

Have a great Christmas!
Calenmarwen chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Excellent Halloween-y-Christmas story! I like this as the idea behind how Snape became a mind-reader. Also good association with Lily. You do feel sorry for him. It was a very bad mistake, but a mistake all the same. Do you think you will use this OC again, she's rather detached but intriguing, not at all like the one Charlie fell for. I'm going home for Christmas tomorrow, so without internet access I'll have to wait if you post anything new. :D Merry Christmas!
vintagejgc chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
I always love the way you write Severus, and this was an enchanting tale! I have an affinity for school age Severus, and this was exactly how I pictured him, especially when he had to defend his honor by declaring himself NOT a Hufflepuff!

Also, great job on the centaurs and making the vampire believable. (Merry Christmas to you!)
Andie chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
I generally hate Severus/Lily stories, but I love this one! A a long time lurker, I should confess that I check in every week to read the latest installments of fics. I've read a LOT of HP fanfics, but you are by far the author I enjoy best. Between regular updates, consistently good writing, a steady T rating (and thank you for that!), and wonderfully engaging plot lines... I love Fridays!
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
Different. Just finished reading the Twilight books, they're fantastic. Like that maybe a vampire or two might be in the Forbidden Forest, it has everything else. Long as they aren't preying on students. Very easy to imagine that the only song Severus knows is the school song. Wonder if they sent all the phlox so quickly just to shut him up, lol?
A Chocolate Frog chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
Very interesting. I liked it a lot!
tambrathegreat chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
Lovely story. It explains how Snape became so proficient at the mental arts, and gives him a reason to look forward to Christmas.

I love that the only song he knows is the Hogwarts song. Poor guy, to have to sing those words in front of a very attractive vampire. I do wonder, does he fear and hated vampires like he does werewolves? Interesting.
Moontime chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
That is so unsual

I'm lost at words

but I like it

plus Bane has always being a very dark one.