Reviews for Summer of Salt
angstsmoker chapter 19 . 4/3/2010
"Rose asks her why she's always so mean to Jasper, and she thinks for a second. "I guess it's because I have an old-lady crush on him. It's like throwing rocks at someone on the playground, but I'm eighty, so I think the rock-throwing would be frowned upon." - L.M.F.A.O. :)

"He calls me for advice now. He calls to ask what he should cook you for dinner. He calls when he does something idiotic and needs to know how to make it up to you. It's...a first." - love this:)

Thank you for writing.
Alby Mangroves chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
Immediately draws you in this; I love the feeling of friendship and summer that you've captured so perfectly. And I love your Jasper! Your description of Alice immediately drew out my pretective mummy instinct; I just want to rock her in my arms till she falls asleep!
WhatsMyNomDePlume chapter 18 . 3/31/2010
its taken me forever to review this chap, i'm so very sorry. so let's talk:

1) I wanna totes hang out with Ms. Mallory. This is my favorite Lauren ever. Hands down.

2) this is probably one of my favorite succinct descriptions of Edward too- moody with a great ass. Works for canon Edward too.

Okay, i'm done with the list. I really like that you've got Bella and Edward taking it kind of slow physically, since they're both pretty far gone emotionally. While I love me some good lemons, I love when a pairing "earns" them (that sounds weird, but I don't know how else to put it.)

anyway, i've said it before but this story always puts me in this great mood- lazy and warm and happy. i can practically feel the cool breeze from the lake mix in with the hot weather from just the way you write. i'm really enjoying it (talk about a redundant statement). I think we're following each other on Twitter (i'm whatsmynom), let's chat sometime about Patron, freshwater lakes and boys- the key ingredients to a perfect summer, IMO :)
Trinab74 chapter 2 . 3/30/2010
I love this line

The figures step into the light from the fire, and I inhale and hold my breath. My stomach flips, and I swallow hard. They're two boys about our age. One is huge, muscular and cute, and the other is shorter, but not short, muscular and beautiful. I swoon internally.

At least I hope I do.

LMAO and the end of this chap was totes hilarious.

Trina
Trinab74 chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Stephk0565 turned me on to this story and I have to say I love it so far. I like the way you set up the relationships with everyone.

Looking forward to reading more.

Trina
halojones chapter 9 . 3/29/2010
okay, still reading, just wanted to say I really love how you write. You are very eloquent and you are able to express so much with so much economy! Seriously, I'm jealous, I'm really crappy at that when I try to write stories. lol
halojones chapter 8 . 3/29/2010
omg, this got rec'd among like 30 stories on a thread on adf and I blindly picked this cause I liked the title, and wow, just love this! You have a great voice, I'm eating this up and asking for seconds! Thanks for sharing.
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 18 . 3/29/2010
OMG why do I get caught up when you are on vacation? Hope you enjoyed it!
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 17 . 3/29/2010
I'm loling at the ending,

""Fucking dorks,""...best line ever :)
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 15 . 3/29/2010
You are amazing and have me up after 5am reading your amazing story. I love it! I have never loved Mike Newton more! God, that's how great you are. You made Mike Newton loveable!
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 11 . 3/29/2010
I've never wanted Bella with Mike, EVER, until now!
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 8 . 3/29/2010
I love how you write!
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 7 . 3/29/2010
I LOVE that you had Edward sleep with Tanya. I know that is stupid, but I do. Authors who write AH make Edward perfect. Even when he's doing stupid crap like dating Tanya..they NEVER have him sleep with Bella and then when Tanya shows up sleep with Tanya. That NEVER happens and it fucking would if they were being real about the situation. I mean, my heart breaks for Bella because it's sorta like "welcome to my world", but at the same time I love you for being so REAL!
Guest chapter 6 . 3/29/2010
I submitted my review on the last chapter to quick!

The lemon was perfect and I loved that you had Emmett going down on Rose instead of the other way around as most people would have it. Love, Love, Love this story. It makes me wish I had a lake to go to growing up. :)

I love so far that you kept it to Bella's POV. I love one POV stories. It keeps to the mystery of what is going on. We learn when Bella learns.

I love that they clapped when they emerged. So funny and real.

Oh no! Tanya! :)
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 5 . 3/28/2010
Oh no! Leave it in Bella's POV only! So much better that way.
4,552 | « Prev Page 1 .. 265 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 285 .. Last Next »