|Reviews for Broken Hearts and Twisted Minds|
| Anon chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
That was beautiful.
| preettygabbysz chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Omg so sad yet so sweet at the same time loved it update when you can :)) xxxxx
| Swandie chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
it was really great! I love it!
| JessicaJ chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
Urgh, Fanfiction just completely erased everything that I just wrote.
Basically, I wanted to check out one of the other stories you recommended to me. I like getting review replies!
I have read this story now, and I have a number of commments/observations to make.
1. I do think there is definitely an improvement made from the last story I reviewed, as you said, though I would say you need to watch the long sentences. Sometimes they sort of stop making sense half way through.
2. I'm not sure Tifa's attitude is very... Tifa-ish. I mean, he's leaving, and she isn't even angry with him? She just wants to at least say "goodbye?" I get that; she wants to know that at least she has done all she can to let him know how she feels, so that she no longer lives with regret. I admire her for that. Though I think it is a bit presumptuous of her to assume she is definitely going to be getting 'some' from Cloud. What if was going to say no?
3. I liked the imagery of the scar. I was actually going to use that myself in my Reeve/Tifa fic. (Please check it out, its right at the top of the list as it's brand new. I don't get many reviews for it, as it's not the most popular pairing in the world.) There's just something so raw, and basic about how he touches her scar. It's very evocative imagery, and I think you should have perhaps exploited it a little more.
4. Cloud didn't really put up much resistance did he? Bastard... Though I feel that Tifa contradicts herself in her speech to Cloud. Her main complaint is that she never gets a reason why he leaves so often, and yet she says, I don't even want a explanation? Of course she wants one! It's the least he could do!
5. The sex. Who can't comment on that? So she's a virgin? A slightly naive view of Tifa, though one that many share, nonetheless. Sex for the first time is never ecstatic (believe me, I know). It takes time for lovers to gel and get to learn one another's bodies. I think the story could have been stronger if you had instead exposed the humanity, and the awkwardness of new lovers. This way, it's sort of unbelievable.
6. Also, I don't understand the talk of God. Who would think that Tifa was religious? After the horrors she had seen, I think she would know that there is no god, or the devil. Just good and evil.
7. I still don't understand why he left. The story feels somewhat empty, though I suppose it achieved a purpose in evoking some kind of frustration. Tifa's frustration.
So all in all, I hope this was constructive, as I always strive to be. A much better story, thanks for recommending it.
I would be very grateful if you would check out some of mine. Admittedly, they are mostly all Vincent/Tifa pairings, yet I am extremely proud of them all. Any reviews and comments would be greatly appreciated.
| Kattzia chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
Such a classic story line, but one written so well nonetheless. It was beautiful, and I really quite liked the religious lexicon, it gave it more depth then most simple attempts a guilt-laden prose. And yet, despite Tifa's turmoil, you still get across the hints of her being not hung about it at all, with the sin and such, which I also loved! And after; fantastic juxtaposition between physical warmth and emotional coldness. It really made the ending dramatic. I really admire your writing!
| ska-almighty chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Hey you snappy twizzler! you need to post! i have been pulling this website apart trying to find something i liked and i am interested! please keep writing! u.u i love cloti
| LeonHyuga chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
This was just so sad...in a good way. By that I mean the story just evokes sadness from the reader. Eventhough they finally reveal their feelings, there's still that one lingering thought: Cloud is still most likely leaving. Then it is even more sad that Tifa has grown to accept and even live with that fact.
It's interesting to read a story that doesn't necessarily have a "happy ending". It gives the story a somewhat darker and more realistic tone. Not to say the -every- relationship can't end amicably, but that not all do as in very few stories that I've read including this one.
If you could ever start to work back on this, it'd be SWEET. :)
| K chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
I really liked this. I thought it was very well done. :)
| cloudlover2989 chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
very nice very nice next chap soon plz i enjoyed it
| Miss Layla chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
this looks interesting. some sort of proof huh? i think i have a clue of what it is but i might be wrong. anyway, i hope you continue soon. love it! im subscribing to this. :D