Reviews for Forgiveness
xfoundmyselfinwonderlandx chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
Excuse me while I go cry. This was great!
Almost an Actress chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
Heartbreaking and oh-so-true.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Ummm... At the end of this, my face Niagra Falls. Perfectly written... Very well done.
Sheila Chiaroscura chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
I loved this oneshot! It gave a great insight into Nellie's character; that last line, 'And thus, even when he pushed her into the burning oven, Mrs. Lovett couldn't help but forgive Sweeney Todd in that very last moment of her life.' is so typical for her. Well done!
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
I love the concept behind this. I always like reading new insights into our favourite baker, and this is sublime. It's totally believable that Mrs. Lovett would not like human beings either – her life for the fifteen years that Benjamin was gone can’t’ve been easy at all, and you bring that out here with a few choice sentences. :)

The image of Benjamin paying the rent late and trailing mud all over the floor made me smile, because it’s such a cute image and so typical of Mrs. Lovett not to be angry at him for it.

Basically the whole of this story was beautifully depicted, the way you delved into Mrs. Lovett’s character was really very good. You managed to create such a sympathy for her and captured the essence of her in such a small space.

Also, I adore the last part: “she knew that she would've done the same thing to anyone who would've lied to her about the barber's fate.” because that’s something she really /would/ have done, no matter who it was who’d lied to her.

And the end line was perfect too, so Nellie-ish. :)
Inkfire chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
This was great!
rainbowfish22 chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
This is awesome. It really gets into Mrs. Lovett's thoughts and feelings. Your stories are always great. :D
EminentlyPractical chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
That was awesome. Very true to the story and the charecters. All the way through it I was smiling sadly for her and the ending earned a n'aw. (Great descriping words I know) Keep up the good work.

~EminentlyPractical
unamuerte chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
I still can't believe some random thing I said helped lead to this beautiful argument: I call it an argument, because it seems more like a character monologue than a fic. So well written Maar, you always manage to outdo yourself. I'm not kidding, the writing this is absolutely superb. I actually read it out loud because it seemed the natural thing to do - it's even more powerful when you hear the words spoken, because it seems like Mrs Lovett justifying her obssession/weakness for Sweeney Todd to the world. I never pondered much about Mrs Lovett's revenge on the people who slighted her - it only stresses even more what a cold world she lived in.

Sorry this took me so long to review: I've been flatout leading up to Christmas organising stuff and today I've had a wonderful day reading Sweeney fics and making christmas pudding (it looks a little burnt, but oh well!)

I hope your christmas is wonderful (not too much snow, Europe's one big blizzard atm from the news I've been watching) oh and thanks for reviewing Cheer you are always one step ahead of me!

DD
Selina Kyle 23 chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Wow...You really made her look like an open book, you described her feelings and longings so well...Love it :)
Todd666 chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
This is GOD! I loved that that the story seemed to fit right into the movie!
The FanFic Critic chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Very good. Well written and the grammar was flawless. Very cannon to the movie, too.
Gallows Calibrator chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
I aww'd about a thousand times while reading this story. XD I love how wonderfully you described Nellie's feelings. I can't wait for another story from you. ;)
Lamia of the Dark chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
Aw, that was sweet in a really sad way.
Charmingly-Evil chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
good job it was very well written.