Reviews for Story Of The Century
Nightingrave chapter 24 . 4/1
It's really cute how you put the after products and characters that already exist. That's really nice of you to acknowledge them as something that doesn't belong to you.
Aegri Somnia Vana chapter 10 . 12/9/2016
Ouch...

There's nothing more I can say about this chapter except that I am hiding behind my pillow and almost afraid to click next?
You're plot ideas are E-P-I-C!
Aegri Somnia Vana chapter 9 . 12/9/2016
I never thought much of Matsuda but seriously I agree that he might be just the most tolerable! And how Erin finds him to be the only reason she's sane is really relatable.

I also like how Erin can't get past the idea that L doesn't have a family and friends and how she relates it to his creepy nature is simply amusing. I agree with ya, Erin. L sure knows how to make the good times keep on coming.

In addition, your writing never fails to make me laugh. These past chapters were unique and fun in their own way.

I don't know how many times i have to say it, but your writing is so original and peculiar (in a good way of course) I always feel myself drift back to the DN world with Erin being a huge and amazing addition to it.

How Erin acts is just exceptional. I laughed like a crazy idiot with the whole 'Let them go's she whispered in L's ear and then tried it with Watari. Epic. Seriously, where do you get all these ideas?

Lastly, I don't think I have complemented on how conversational your style of writing is. It's so much more endorsing because, I, as a reader, feel like Erin is just simply sharing her thoughts and opinions through a filter that is different than my own. Just amazing!

A huge thumbs-up to you!
Aegri Somnia Vana chapter 6 . 12/9/2016
Ah... L is such a gem, isn't he? I must say all the L fans and consequent Light haters I know have usually pointed out Light is actually inhumane and that he's wicked and cruel to the extent that he doesn't even regard human emotions and connections. I have argued quite frequently, despite the fact I am completely infatuated with L, that L and Light are quite similar. How you have expressed Erin's thoughts about how L deals with people, SWEETS and of course Misa (a suspect) was a spectacular insight as to one of the few perspectives that one in a similar situation could have. I find it appreciable that she doesn't blindly accepts what he has done is right although the pen behind her might be agree to it. (Did you, btw?)

What's more delectable about this composition, that a choosy reader like me finds splendid is that her emotions are her own, her thoughts, her decisions are different and significant in their own way. Her personality stands out in an attractive way, which someone like L could certainly dive towards. I agree where L being a really bright intellectual would fall for someone at least up to their level but there's a catch about her personality that L might have never experienced. L wouldn't just get mushy over a lass he just saw because she has an amazing rack. I believe he would need a change and the contrast between their natures is just... Muah!

Though she thinks she's a captive and he a captor I can see how it will smoothly play out but considering L's eccentric side I am still curious.

Great work until so far!
Aegri Somnia Vana chapter 3 . 12/2/2016
This is absolutely exceptional! Totally vintage, seriously!

I have frankly never seen such a realistic portrayal of characters especially L. Many writers, including myself, hamper with his nature making him seem a bit OOC but here he was just perfect. From how he acts around Erin with his witty and sometimes blatantly rude comments to his occasional disappearances (I often wondered if someone took notice of how the two prestigious toppers have something more than peculiar to them and Erin is a wonderful example of someone noticing)

I think this is what I love about this most: How you portray Erin. She's an average student going through the very familiar and insipid traumas of not being able to fit in and with her insecurities she is an entirely appealing mess. What i find most impressive is how you introduce the deathnote characters with the languid fluidity of carrying the plot and lacing it with Erin's thoughts and opinions which are her own, regardless of how the characters are in real. What is most splendid is how the DN characters never seem to shift from their daily routine, their concrete personalities. They respond how one of their nature truly would and don't just become friendly-friendly because they are dealing with the main protagonist.

Plus, I love how Erin isn't an angsty mess yet. Many decide that the OC should be because that could act as some sort of 'attractive' factor for the two lads, L and Light. Seriously, angst later on could help but right at the start? No. Both L and Light are too preoccupied and manipulative to ever pay attention to a wreck. They need an initiative, a solid reason to barge in someone's life which brings me to this chapters events...

L's attempt at inviting her over for dinner and her hurried refusal and then L using force was perfect and so fitting that i was actually grinning.

You have fit Erin in the characters' lives perfectly and I can't wait for all of this to unfold.

Great work!
Guest chapter 29 . 12/1/2016
This is my second time reading through this story in full (over the span of about two years). After mulling over a review over the last few days, I have to say:

This story really moved me. Admittedly, when I first started reading it, I thought that it had hit a level of cliché that few other fan fictions had managed to hit (I also found Erin extremely annoying). After finishing it, however, I think I can say that it has helped me become a better person (or at least has changed my attitude for the better, at least a little)-mostly because it was believable. You seem to have an uncanny level of insight into the psyches of the original characters (I thought you did a great job writing L-he matched the L in my head for the most part, anyway). But not only that, you made me reconsider characters I had overlooked as unworthy of attention when I was first exposed to Death Note (Matsuda, the Yotsuba Group, etc.). I can honestly say that finishing this story made me feel like I was saying good bye to a friend (yes, that's crazy; it's also true... I guess this is what happens when you spend so much time reading something?); it also made me realise the importance of friendship, how-even if you have everything you could ever want-it's useless if you have no one to share it with.

In the odd chance that you actually notice this, and have come this far: how did you manage to keep such a healthy balance between attachment for your characters and detachment and objectivity to the story? (This shows clearly through Erin and L's relationship as well as the ending.) Even though your decisions made the most sense, I would have probably succumbed to something more placative (after all-it must be awful to never be fully open up to just about everyone, since you'd never be able to talk about the single most important event of your life with complete honesty).
estrela jem chapter 2 . 11/27/2016
I forgot to mention …. this is the first story I have read on here that made me both hate and love it. (Sorry but I really wanted L to live .)
estrela jem chapter 1 . 11/27/2016
I swear I cannot remember the last time a story had me feeling so up and so down repeatedly all within 10 minutes (My coworker thought I was insane). You did a fantastic job!
Nameless I am chapter 29 . 9/16/2016
Honestly, the only thing I can think of saying right now is "Thank you." You took me on one hell of a roller-coaster ride there. I might not read this again, because reading it a second time would taint the feelings I have associated with it, and for some reason, I seem to be holding them sacred-ish. I will never, ever in my life get over the fact that L Lawliet died just. Like. That. In canon. He deserved to go out with a bang, in a meaningful way. Or just peacefully, on his own terms. And you somehow helped me somewhat resolve the frustration I have towards the mangaka. Still have. I still wish L didn't die though, in canon or otherwise, but I can't imagine it any other way and it frustrates me. Anyway. I really, really liked this work, author-san. A lot. So, thanks.
WorthlessOpinion chapter 19 . 9/14/2016
Wot the frick
YoursTruly chapter 29 . 9/2/2016
Hello! I read and finished your entire story in one day! Sweeeeew!

Since I have done this, I now have some thoughts:

Your story was very engaging - your OC was very well-written and unique. I always love the nonconventional characters. I also felt that you stayed true to L's character for the most part.

I, myself, was not a fan of the ending. I feel that L would not have decided to die if he knew there was something else to live for? I guess I just didn't understand that. I also wish L and Erin's last conversation was not so angry and heartbreaking...but I guess that's what you were going for.

I'm also surprised that this story IS pro-L because I disagree that L is the same or as bad as Light- I find L to be MUCH more noble. Additionally, while L may be unique and strange-looking, I don't agree with the descriptions from Erin of him being ugly per see. I also wish I could have seen more of a relationship blossom between these two - an actual love confession and time to build that romantic relationship would have been cool to see between these two.

Cheers
Vanilla Owls chapter 29 . 8/24/2016
You know, I've read this story over the last three years and every time it makes me cry so much! I'm pretty sure this is the only fanfiction that's ever been able to do that, too (and I've been reading fanfiction for forever haha). You have a really wonderful talent and I hope that you keep using it!

I'm an astrology fan, but I've only been into that for about a year now (so the last time I read this I didn't pay much attention). But Erin is an Aries! That cracked me up, when she made the "baaa" noise XD And you know, there's something that kills me, regarding you and your stories and astrology (and what I'm about to say is totally, completely irrelevant to a review but I'm going to say it anyway). This ENTIRE TIME I've been reading this story this time around-as well as from what I've read of the sequel-I've routinely kept thinking that you're ascending sign is Gemini. I've been totally, completely convinced of it. AND I WAS RIGHT. fdjksla yay me! I'm almost never right haha

Hmm . . . out of curiosity, have you ever fiddled around with what Erin's full horoscope would be like (or at least her moon and rising signs)?

Okay, back to being on topiiic~

I've always thought it was brilliant that you used the girl wearing the orange outfit (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about-for the Yotsuba group) as Erin. I've always thought it was a really clever move on your part. I'm sure I'm not the only one, either. Over all I love her character. There are times where she can be frustrating as all get-out, and I don't always agree with everything she believes, but seriously. I'm Team Erin, or something haha

Wellp, I think pretty soon I'm going to be re-reading (and catching up) to the sequel! I tried to read it a long time ago, but you-know-what got in my way (i.e., life).

While, I sure do ramble a lot . . . sorry about that haha
TheNeverEndingOne chapter 10 . 8/14/2016
Haha! This is great, I laughed so hard! And I actually facepalmed (repeatedly) when she sneezed! You, my friend, are an incredibly talented writer! It's just clever enough, just funny enough, it's just...amazing!
Poodie chapter 29 . 7/10/2016
I must say (as this is the actual final chapter) I am in love with your writing style, your chapters are awesomely long, and enduring :D this as I said last time, has been a ride, and I've cried more over this fic than I have for my own real life problems honestly, I need to find out how you got it so intense. Despite myself, I loved every chapter of this story :')

Risking your life and doing something that could easily rob you of your life are two entirely different things. ~ L
Poodie chapter 28 . 7/10/2016
Good bye L, I love you.
This story made me cry whatless. I can't tell you (ha look at that, I'm picking up some of Erin's speech habits) this has been a ride, with arguably more downs than ups, but who can say that we weren't cut out for this cracked up PS of yours? :')