Reviews for A Girl and Her Broom
bRaTsKi chapter 1 . 9/11
I wish you would write more stories. you're spectacular
mspstar97 chapter 1 . 8/13
That was so good. Besides Rose and Scorpius, I think Dominique is one of my favorite Next Gen characters, especially when she's written like this. There's so much to explore with her, and I'm really glad you did it this way.
LiteratureSoccerEnthusiast chapter 1 . 1/12/2015
Awesome!
pkp033 chapter 1 . 4/3/2014
I like the way you portray Dominique, very unique and refreshing...a real joy to read!

Please write more!
Noonie1 chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
I love that last line about the bows- a good symbol for the day she came unto her own and started being proud of herself. Good for her!
pinkukulele chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
This was so great! Good job!
xxgrayciexx chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Hi there! I know it's be awhile since you've last updated but I've been following your work for a long time and it remains some of the best I've ever read on this site. I am desperately awaiting your next story and really hope you haven't given it up. I've been lost in the world you built for Teddy, Vic, Simon, Dom, Lou and the rest of the gang for years! I hope we see some more work from you soon! I'm positive you'll always have dedicated fans around here! o)
xxfhockeygurliexx chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
I just read this again and I still love it and everything you write. I really hope you're still working on your Dominique story because I can't wait until I'll be able to read it! Your characters are fantastic and so well developed, I always want to know more about them and what is happening in their progressing lives. I think Dominique is a really interesting character who isn't touched on quite as often as Victoire and I can't wait to see how you tackle focusing on her. Keep writing! I'm so excited to read the next thing you put out :)
Scrivensabre chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Haha, a great story :) I love Dominique's character, and it's nice to see what kind of person she was before "Bleachers" and how she developed. I must admit, I was waiting for some kind of Quidditch showdown or a yelling-at in French from Dominique at the end, but it turned out just as nicely. I love the way you write - it's very enjoyable to read! :D
allisonarrgent chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Wow, this was AMAZING. Simply amazing.

Your writing style and characterization was spot-on. I could really imagine a young Dominique and experience her feelings as I was reading.

I really liked the entire part you incorporated about Dominique thinking Victoire and Louis were perfect and were so much better than her at everything. I really felt for her and I think that I and many other people out there can relate to feeling the same way at some point.

Ugh, the boys really annoyed me. They were... boys. But seriously, Jacques is such a microcosm of a lot of guys in society who STILL believe that there are some things that girls shouldn't do JUST because they're GIRLS, which is quite ridiculous. I absolutely hate that mentality, and I hated that Marco just had to go and be another guy by not standing up for Dominique or even apologizing to her. Gosh.

I loved that Dominique grew as a person by the end, since she realized that she didn't have to be perfect or do girl-ish things if she didn't have any interest in them. It was great to see that she became her own person, and that was nice insight into her character in your Teddy/Victoire stories.

My favorite line [it really moved me]:

"She knew most people meant it as a compliment, but it made her feel awkward. You wouldn't tell an ugly person how ugly you found them. Why should people feel the need to tell pretty people that they're pretty? They have mirrors, after all. Not to mention that it's just going to make them think they're better than other people, which is stupid…" - THIS IS SO TRUE, and it's such a Dominique thing to say, so I loved that you included it.

Lastly, there were a few grammar mistakes [you confused "to" and "too" and "there" and "their" once each] but other than that, this was well-written as always. :)
RedCloakedMaiden chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
This oneshot essentially summed up Dominique Weasley for me in 8,101 words and it was fantastic. Definately adding to my archive!
dancelikeyoujustdontcare chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Love it!
andie chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
this was so great! I love that you took the time to explain dominique's odd ways! Everyone is the way they are for a reason i suppose!
toskin chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
I liked this one shot. I know you said it didn't exactly fit the direction of your story but it gave a very plausible reason that Dominique is such a b-ch. She seriously made me want to slap her in your T/V stories. My other thought was that as a mother, I have a hard time listening to my sons when they insult each other for no reason (my middle son is especially bad about this, middle child thing?) and try to put a stop to it. Has Bill and Fleur just gotten so used to Dominique's attitude that they ignore it now (sorry still referring to your T/V stories)? They don't seem to say anything to her even when she says rude things in front of them except for the Louis/Sarah/Dominique fight in the last story. Overall, I have really enjoyed your all of your stories about Bill and Fleur's kids.
Katamabob chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
That really explains a lot about Dominique and why she has no problems speaking her mind, and her tomboyish nature. I can't wait to read the full story about Dominique. _

Kate