Reviews for There's No Place Like Home For The Holidays
twlightbella chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
Edward comes home for good and proposed to Bella
Anne-so67 chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
Such a great story !

Thanks for sharing !
DazzledCaroline chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Good story. I totally relate as my husband is in the Armed Forces and goes on dets months at a time. We had a couple of christmases apart too. So I thought that you expressed the feelings of missing someone it hurts very well.
hdink chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
OMG *sob* that was such a fantastic story and so heartfelt! For him to ask her to marry him on the premise of the day he'd met her, fantastic! Great song choice and way to end it, I loved it!
jules400 chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
From the first few paragraphs you captured my attention. My heart strings were already tugging. The emotions, the heartache, the longing each character had for the other came through full force despite the short scene. Her emotional rollercoaster leading up to Christmas had me laughing one moment and misting in tears the next. It's so raw and utterly real what she is going through, what they are going through.

Its impressive you've found a way to capture the heartfail without any actual drama going on in the story which is an approach not often used in the fanfic world. They are both leading fulfilling lives that should make them happy and proud but their separation just tears them apart inside. It's difficult to find a balance, but I love that the separation isn't coming between them. There's no drama of resentment but rather pure adoration and understanding despite the hardships and breakdowns. Men and women are facing these same truths each and every day, and its a beautiful piece to remind you exactly what you are celebrating this Christmas, every single day really.

Christmas day just blew my socks off. The level of detail put into describing the holiday scene warmed me from the inside. How you can draw emotion out when describing a setting is beyond me, but by golly you have done just that. And then to flow from those types of descriptions into the arrival of Edward made it that much more touching. I could feel the relief, the joy as she threw herself into his arms. It was one of those magical moments where you found yourself hugging yourself as you were reading it because the emotions swirling within you as you read the scene were just that strong.

Christmas was magical in every sense of the word. The prayer at the church started the misty eyes and they never had a chance to clear as you lead into the proposal. My lord...it left me sobbing and speechless. Even though I knew it was coming, I didn't know it was going to be that damn good. Every single detail from the significance of the time and date to the extravagant ornament holding the ring, to the beauty of his words was completely and utterly perfect. For the life of me I can't figure out how she was actually able to choke out the word yes.

I loved this story. It was timeless and beautiful. A tale you can share with your loved ones and anyone you know who is in the service. Hell this story could be one of those chain emails you forward to everyone you know because the message is that beautiful. Thank you so much for writing this piece. It's truly one of a kind and sends a holiday message no one should forget.
sarahqq chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
You know, I can really relate to this story because my school is for students who are from military families. Their families move so often, like every two or three years. Though my dad doesn't, I watched my friends' parents going overseas and stuff.

Great work!