Reviews for The Innocence of Snow
Cause-and-Author chapter 1 . 4/17
This was surprisingly lovely. I am in awe of how well you drew me in! Oh, very well done indeed.
Teddy radiator chapter 1 . 3/20
That was perfection. Thank you so much for sharing.
everhalcyon chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
I'm happy I stumbled upon this, it was a great read. I love the way you wrote this all magical and beautiful. Great job, happy holidays! :)
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Poor Severus.
Captain Evermind chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Aw... Gorgeously sweet, and so perfectly Snape! I especially love the first passage about skipping stones for Lily. Nicely done.
MinervasBibliophage chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
This story is so beautiful. I'm actually struggling to come up with an adequate review for how amazing it is. The metonymy, the symbolism, the repetitive use of stones and snow that brings the story full circle, I'm still in awe right now. I loved how you kept the story so general but were still able to convey exactly what you meant. And your descriptions were fantastic, like when you mentioned his arm, "the one not branded by all you've lost." It was incredible how you used the different descriptions of Snape's arm to show the different stages of his life, and how Lily was easily recognized by her "shining eyes," her identifier used throughout the series and the same for Minerva with her "high-peaked hat" and ever-present tartan. I give you all the kudos because this story was absolutely phenomenal.

Even my sister, who isn't even really into the Harry Potter fandom, got so many feels from this story.
FlashFiction chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
I found the second last paragraph (the one with Minerva) very moving. Especially the line "You could draw back your arm, the one not branded by all you've lost".
Higurashi-Naku chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
This is an excellent piece! I love the way you describe his life though his arm and his friendship with Minerva.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Oh, how lovely! One has to wonder if Lily ever looked at snow that way once she'd snagged her rich pureblood, or if she'd locked that way herself.

Nicely done.
Mothwing chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Love how you trace his development and his relationship with Minerva. Very well written!
DailyProphetEditor chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
wonderful, absolutely wonderful.
Ysilme chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
My dear,

I know I have taken AGES to properly read this, as I just did.

Let me say it's a truly wonderful piece. Sad, heartbreaking in parts, light and gay in between, and just perfect for our common favourite characters.
whitehound chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
ScullySayer chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
This is so beautiful! I love the flowing prose, the characterisation of Snape, how he describes his loss of innocence with time, and especially how he sees Minerva - how he views her as a friend that he might one day share that innocent happiness with. Thanks for sharing this, it's terrific!
OSuzanne chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
I agree with MoriaB, I think delicate is an excellent description of this. It is beautifully succinct. I am particularly fond of the last full paragraph, and your descriptions of Snape and McGonagall in it.